What do you do to get your family in the Mood?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

LITTLEBIT
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Re: What do you do to get your family in the Mood?

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Fri 13, 2010 5:33 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:Yup sure can! And even if they figure out the Disney part on the way to the airport, that is enough of a surprise for me!
Have fun! Can't wait to hear about how the surprise goes.

coxsarmy
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by coxsarmy » Aug Wed 18, 2010 6:49 am

- In response to Sandy.... yes its pretty crazy getting everyone to go on vacation all at the same time. Thankfully my oldest two are in college but not married yet.. so I am still not in the phase of having to plan around other extended families. Its now 2 weeks and 3 days til our next visit! Our kids start to school tomorrow.... We usually go this week in the year as one of our trips to Disney and so every school year, we start out right off notifying the teachers in that first week that our kids will be gone on " such and such" days... Thankfully, our kids are out every year for Labor Day, and then the following day for " Zone" day..... ( its like a prep day for each school zone's teachers or something. ) So my kids only miss 3 days of school for that week- 10 days! :) THIS way we get even the Teachers in the mood for our " vacation".... Well, maybe ...... more like " in the mood" to accept our kids vacation. Ha.....
Of Course a nice Disney Souvenir doesn't hurt on the return as well...... and homework that is finished quickly to not get behind! :)
MomCox :wink:

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Fri 20, 2010 8:16 pm

Just had to share something with you guys. One of my favorite of the live action movies has always been Swiss Family Robinson, I saw it after my dad took me to Adventureland when the rest of of our group rode Peter Pan (Which I was scared to death of ) and bought me my first Pineapple whip and we walked through the Treehouse. I was always one that was intrigued by the idea of castaways on an island.

Anyways, I knew my DS12 would like the inventions at the treehouse while my DS5 would love the animals so I requested it on DVD from the library (I have the VHS but no longer have a VCR) and picked it up today. Both of my DSs looked at it and just dismissed it. DS12 said it looked too old while DS 5 said it looked boring but I told them too bad, I was going to watch it. Well I started watching it after I got our pizzas out of the oven and we were sitting down to eat, they watched the first bit of it and sure enough over an hour later they are both still sitting here watching it. :ccat:

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Aug Fri 20, 2010 9:03 pm

Good job Littlebit! Keep those classics alive! :D

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Fri 20, 2010 9:17 pm

We just finished it and the first words out of my DS12s mouth was to ask if he could take it to Grandma's with them tomorrow when they spend the night. So I guess I might have to buy the DVD.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 20, 2010 11:26 pm

LITTLEBIT wrote:We just finished it and the first words out of my DS12s mouth was to ask if he could take it to Grandma's with them tomorrow when they spend the night. So I guess I might have to buy the DVD.
I'm glad you decided to watch it! I'm guessing you knew they would be hooked once they started watching it ;) I didn't see that until I was older but thought it was quite a fun little movie. I remember I lost a little interest with the whole invasion plot line toward the end but loved how ingenious they were in setting up their treehouse. That made the attraction much more interesting to me after I saw the movie.

scottv1982
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by scottv1982 » Aug Sat 28, 2010 12:39 pm

wow I really dont get it our whole family is like you. You just say disney and we r pumped to go I absolutly love it and cant wait to go back. Maybe in nov.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 28, 2010 4:36 pm

scottv1982 wrote:wow I really dont get it our whole family is like you. You just say disney and we r pumped to go I absolutly love it and cant wait to go back. Maybe in nov.
That is lucky that your whole family is like that. Mom and I are the only ones who truly get excited, my one brother and his family go almost every year so they don't have the same anticipation we have, and my other brother and his family are sort of Disney bah-humbugs :(

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Sat 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Amy wrote:
scottv1982 wrote:wow I really dont get it our whole family is like you. You just say disney and we r pumped to go I absolutly love it and cant wait to go back. Maybe in nov.
That is lucky that your whole family is like that. Mom and I are the only ones who truly get excited, my one brother and his family go almost every year so they don't have the same anticipation we have, and my other brother and his family are sort of Disney bah-humbugs :(
Yeah, my DH isn't as huge a fan of Disney as I am. My DS12 has always liked going but doesn't get into it like I do but my DS5 makes up for both of them.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Sep Wed 01, 2010 7:43 pm

We do several things to get us in the Disney mood....
1.) As stated above...Watch Disney Movies. We have Disney Movie Night once a week and watch all the classics. SWF is one of my favorites.
2.) Start packing. I have been known to start packing up to 4 months in advance. I keep my Mickey luggage out and just add a few items here/there. It helps build anticipation.
3.) Recently we have been in the habit of making our own version of the Dole Whip. We find pineapple ice cream and add some pineapple juice. It's not the same but is fun to do.

Mouseoholic!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Mouseoholic wrote:We do several things to get us in the Disney mood....
1.) As stated above...Watch Disney Movies. We have Disney Movie Night once a week and watch all the classics. SWF is one of my favorites.
2.) Start packing. I have been known to start packing up to 4 months in advance. I keep my Mickey luggage out and just add a few items here/there. It helps build anticipation.
3.) Recently we have been in the habit of making our own version of the Dole Whip. We find pineapple ice cream and add some pineapple juice. It's not the same but is fun to do.

Mouseoholic!
I have to ask, and I will probably be booed for not knowing this, but, which movie is SWF? :?

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Sep Thu 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Single White Female? :D Oh, that's not Disney... ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 02, 2010 1:23 pm

NaCler wrote:Single White Female? :D Oh, that's not Disney... ;)
That was the only thing that I can think of and I was pretty sure that wasn't it! :shock:

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Sep Fri 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Amy wrote:
Mouseoholic wrote:We do several things to get us in the Disney mood....

Mouseoholic!
I have to ask, and I will probably be booed for not knowing this, but, which movie is SWF? :?
:oops: lol, I wish I could find a Disney movie that fits with SWF but alas....I cannot. :oops: It should have been SFR...I was too busy eating my dole whip before it melted! I'm not good at multi-tasking. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mouseoholic!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Mouseoholic wrote:... :oops: lol, I wish I could find a Disney movie that fits with SWF but alas....I cannot. :oops: It should have been SFR...I was too busy eating my dole whip before it melted! I'm not good at multi-tasking. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mouseoholic!
Ok people, time to boo again...what movie is SFR?!