Best Steak Restaurant???

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Best Steak Restaurant???

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 03, 2010 11:44 am

NaCler wrote:Hmmm... Since there is no decisive leader, I think we are leaning towards Le Cellier one night and Yachtmans the next. How's that for getting a chance to compare the two? I'll let you know after we book the ADR's. I should be able to do it soon.
Sounds like a smart decision ~ then you can let us know which one you thought was best ;)

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Tue 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Unfortunately, no luck on Le Cellier this go around. But we will do the Yachtman's Steakhouse, so, I'll report on that. They are saving too many reservations for the Candlelight Processional show and those are going for $60/person. Don't know if that's worth going through the trouble. Maybe next time.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jun Sat 12, 2010 9:50 am

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I would go w/ California Grill for the view of the fireworks. Each place is great for steak. You can't go wrong at any of them.

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » Jun Sat 19, 2010 11:58 pm

Le Cellier- Kansas City strip steak to be exact. If you are above 21, be sure to order a Maudite beer to accompany the steak.
Mark86

lhmathys
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by lhmathys » Jun Tue 22, 2010 10:34 am

I think Le Cellier is so popular nowadays that you have to get a reservation months in advance.

And I second the suggestion for the accompanying beer - however, I prefer Trois Pistoles to Maudite.

DoctorK
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by DoctorK » Jun Tue 29, 2010 5:55 pm

The mushroom filet at LeCellier is good, but the teriyaki strip at Kona Cafe is great too!
Thanks,
Doc

1/95 (Honeymoon), 1/96, 10/01 & 11/07 (DD's first trip): Offsite
8/08: Coronado Springs
8/09: Coronado Springs
2/10: SSR/AKV Jambo
8/10: Pop/AKV Kidani
5/11: AKV Jambo

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Jul Mon 12, 2010 2:44 pm

NaCler wrote:Unfortunately, no luck on Le Cellier this go around. But we will do the Yachtman's Steakhouse, so, I'll report on that. They are saving too many reservations for the Candlelight Processional show and those are going for $60/person. Don't know if that's worth going through the trouble. Maybe next time.
Did you try Le Cellier for lunch? You can still eat their delicious filet during lunch.

Also, you didn't mention, are you on dining plan? If you are, Shulas isn't included. BUT Shulas participates in Restaurant.com and you can get a $25 gift certificate for $10.
http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp ... n=00085579

I also recommend the steak at the Wave. It is quite good. Here's a photo:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jul Mon 12, 2010 2:52 pm

disneylizzy wrote:Did you try Le Cellier for lunch? You can still eat their delicious filet during lunch.
Yep... even for lunch they were booked that day. 180 days out. Pretty impressive.

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Jul Mon 12, 2010 2:55 pm

NaCler wrote:
disneylizzy wrote:Did you try Le Cellier for lunch? You can still eat their delicious filet during lunch.
Yep... even for lunch they were booked that day. 180 days out. Pretty impressive.
That stinks! It's a good steak, but there's a lot of hype around that restaurant. Personally I prefer the ambiance at the Wave to Le Cellier, but I LOVE the mushroom risotto at Le Cellier too.

BaminJamin
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by BaminJamin » Jul Mon 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Go to the Yatchsman!!

The steak I ate there was expensive (45).... but it tasted like a 50 dollar steak; it's not the place to eat every night, or every trip; but I can still enjoy it when I stop and think about it.... I want to go back.
"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step"

When you start to "Believe" and work hard toward the direction of your dreams you will find yourself at your goal sooner than expected.

I love my wife Kyle!

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Jul Tue 13, 2010 8:39 am

Dh would tell you Yachtsmans is better than Le Cellier but Dh will take what he can get. Thats why he gets Le Cellier everytrip and we have only been able to do Yachtsman once. I want my ice wine and Creme Brulee and Dd likes the menu better.

He also says the surf and turf (and part of my regular filet mignon) at Narcoossee's was excellent. The filet was very tender and so good, it melted in your mouth!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jul Tue 13, 2010 8:42 am

Well, y'all are definitely making me feel better about my ADR @ the Yachtsman Steak House. I'll be SURE to report back on this one. :D

Debbiedeb
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Debbiedeb » Jul Tue 13, 2010 7:16 pm

We'll let you know after our visit in 18 days....tick, tick, tick We have reservations for Le Cellier.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Sun 18, 2010 9:27 pm

We have eaten at Le Celier but I what I remember is the cheese soup. I do not remember what I had but I know everyone else really loved their meal. No one walked away dissatisfied. We have eaten at The California Grill several times and I have had their filet of beef. It is fantastic. BUT, what I can say is the best steak I ever had at WDW was at The Turf Club Grill at Saratoga Springs. It was a Grilled New York Strip and had blue cheese, mushrooms with a Balsamic port glaze and mashed potatoes. I looked it up and it was $27.99 according to my receipts. Yes, I keep all of my receipts! =) It helps with planning for the next trip in knowing exactly what we spent and how much it will cost to eat where.

Spending $40.00 on a steak seemed worth it at The California Grill when we had front row seating to watch Wishes from our table. However, I am not so sure I want to spend that much or more somewhere else. We were also thinking about Yachtsman Steak House for dinner one night. All of the restaurants on the Boardwalk are booked on nights we are available so I was too thinking about the Yachtsman or walking over to the Swan and Dolphin.

We can compare notes. I think either way it will be a new experience and you will enjoy your meal.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Seeing as how this is a "best steak" thread, I have to share an experience from my weekend trip. Meeting friends in a Chicago 'burb, and having left after work, my friends and I ventured out for dinner a little on the late side...Eyes more or less open, I selected the Filet Foccacia sandwich; a filet, served on foccacia, melted provolone, aieoli (on the side please).
It came to the table, the au jus slopped over the side of the bowl accompanying my sandwich ~ :? ~ what the heck I think?! I look at the sandwich and at the waitress..."Ummm, Miss? What kind of fish is this?" She turns to me and says, "Oh honey, did you think that was a fish sandwich?! You are the third person this week to make that mistake!" A quick check of the menu showed that there really was no mention of beef anywhere accompanying this sandwich, so I could suggest that you read the menu carefully, but it really doesn't matter!....... :evil: The kicker is...I don't really eat beef :(
...anyhow, the side salad was delicious...and my Chicago Disney-ite friends might now be checking out Subsonic in the future to hear a little of the "World's" best music :D