Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Trip Planning after Shanghai opens

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Apr Mon 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Hello!

I'm looking to do a round-the-world Disney trip once Shanghai opens.

Is there any sort of general ticket media that would work for ALL locations, or am I stuck buying individual tickets, reservations, etc.

Has anyone had any luck going through Corporate on this, or perhaps through shareholder services?

Just wondering! Plenty of time now...

:ccat:
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Trip Planning after Shanghai opens

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 28, 2014 2:59 pm

There wasn't any kind of universal ticket when I visited the parks in Paris, Japan and California all in one trip, but that was a little over 10 years ago now. I don't believe they have added something like that, but it never hurts to ask.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Tue 29, 2014 1:07 am

I don't such a ticket exists because each country's park(s) is operated by a different company and they do not keep account of each other's debts/credits (if you ever want to watch someone's head explode, try to get Apple to support digital purchases made on Amazon :D).

There is one exception for guests, the premiere pass, which is an AP that works for both WDW and DLR.

Otherwise, I think the only way to get in all parks would be to become one of the Disney ambassadors. :D

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » May Sun 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Disney ambassador - got it. Any chance it will cover my current expenses AND income levels, whilst I spend a couple of months bouncing around the parks???
UncleScrooge477

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » May Sun 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Amy wrote:There wasn't any kind of universal ticket when I visited the parks in Paris, Japan and California all in one trip, but that was a little over 10 years ago now. I don't believe they have added something like that, but it never hurts to ask.
Thanks - I'm hopeful that something might become a possibility in 2016 or so. I'm still thinking that maybe working through the shareholder relations office might be a good try - or I just split it up into multiple "trips" and use a round-the-world ticket to travel from location to location!
UncleScrooge477

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Sun 11, 2014 5:17 pm

A Disney ambassador, if I recall, is basically a community manager like position, they get paid by the company to go to the various other parks for some reason. So you would have to be working for Disney to get that. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 11, 2014 8:07 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:
Amy wrote:There wasn't any kind of universal ticket when I visited the parks in Paris, Japan and California all in one trip, but that was a little over 10 years ago now. I don't believe they have added something like that, but it never hurts to ask.
Thanks - I'm hopeful that something might become a possibility in 2016 or so. I'm still thinking that maybe working through the shareholder relations office might be a good try - or I just split it up into multiple "trips" and use a round-the-world ticket to travel from location to location!
Maybe, but I doubt you will have too much luck with that unless you are a majority shareholder....although it never hurts to ask!
I used a round-the-world ticket when I went, but I had a lot more stops than just the parks. Isn't a cheap option, but worth comparing prices to the individual tickets.

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jun Tue 24, 2014 11:16 am

Amy - working on the majority shareholder thing. Planning a corporate takeover soon. Again, though, Powerball will be a key factor...
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 24, 2014 3:52 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Amy - working on the majority shareholder thing. Planning a corporate takeover soon. Again, though, Powerball will be a key factor...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Nov Tue 25, 2014 11:41 am

Quick Update (no, no Powerball yet...darn)

Looks like if you own 500 shares of Disney Paris you get access to a special lounge and entrance. Does anyone know if that also includes early entry?

Along the same lines, is there any early entry for Paris, Hong Kong or Tokyo?

Thanks!
UncleScrooge477

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Tue 25, 2014 9:56 pm

If I recall, no you don't, but the cheap f*cker on another site that uses it likes to pocket all the pastries he can.