DLP reportedly putting future developments on hold

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

DLP reportedly putting future developments on hold

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Fri 26, 2013 11:15 am

A dutch website is reporting that The Walt Disney Company has ceased all future investments of Disneyland Paris. The website states that their internal sources have told them that the Ratatouille ride will be completed, but any future attractions have been on hold. People I know told me a while back that Disneyland Paris was burning through money. I have posted the article below linking to the English version of the article.

http://d-log.nl/nieuws/104/157195/break ... er#English
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Re: DLP reportedly putting future developments on hold

Post by acp » Jul Sat 27, 2013 2:44 am

Cardinals314 wrote:A dutch website is reporting that The Walt Disney Company has ceased all future investments of Disneyland Paris. The website states that their internal sources have told them that the Ratatouille ride will be completed, but any future attractions have been on hold. People I know told me a while back that Disneyland Paris was burning through money. I have posted the article below linking to the English version of the article.

I wouldn't read too much into this at the moment. Essentially, nothing's really changing for the time being. The "future invesments" in that article (Star Tours 2, PotC upgrades, Marvel stuff, Soarin', Mermaid, TSM, etc) have never been confirmed at all (well, Star Tours 2 was hinted at for "the future", but was never going to happen any time soon), and they've all only ever been rumours. Essentially, there's not really much to actually put on hold.

Reading around a bit, the common opinion seems to be that it's likely they're just re-working the overall plans for the resort. Previously, a lot of stuff they've done has been reactionary (ie, only fixing/replacing things when they actually break or become unserviceable). It seems likely that now TWDC is involved in the resort, they're putting together a proper plan for the future. If that's the case, it can only be a good thing, but until we know more about what's actually happening, let's not jump to conclusions.

An interesting point that was raised on another forum is that with the news of this (almost certainly temporary) hold, shares in EuroDisney SCA opened up yesterday.

For the time being, there's not much to see here. Move along.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Re: DLP reportedly putting future developments on hold

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:A dutch website is reporting that The Walt Disney Company has ceased all future investments of Disneyland Paris. The website states that their internal sources have told them that the Ratatouille ride will be completed, but any future attractions have been on hold. People I know told me a while back that Disneyland Paris was burning through money. I have posted the article below linking to the English version of the article.

You're a sucker for believing everything on the internet aren't you? :wink:

What Andrew said. Carry on now everyone. Plus I have a very close friend at DLP who keeps me updated on things like this. His words and that article don't exactly match,