fantillusion

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

what do you think ?

fantillusion parade have to come on this site!
35%
i don't care
6%
what is the fantillusion parade???
59%

Total votes: 34

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » Sep Wed 05, 2007 5:31 pm

Well i've never heard of until now. seems pretty neat.
I do stuff sometimes.

marcdijon
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by marcdijon » Jun Sun 08, 2008 4:03 am

i love the baroque accent of the fantillusion theme (it is actuallly inspired from a theme composed by JS Bach)

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Aug Thu 14, 2008 11:22 pm

Fantillusion parade cant be from WDW is it?? I would of heard of it i think :shock:
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Aug Fri 15, 2008 7:34 am

MetalRage wrote:Fantillusion parade cant be from WDW is it?? I would of heard of it i think :shock:
Fantillusion is not from the US at all. it is exclusively in Disneyland Paris Resort. some of the music is similar to parades in the US, but that is it. Disney will reuse music/clips that are popular and that may fit the scene being shown...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

marcdijon

Post by marcdijon » Aug Sat 16, 2008 3:26 am

The Fantillusion parade was created for TokyoDisney and was performed at Tokyo from 1995 to 2001.
It came to Paris in 2003 to replace the Main Street Electrical Parade.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Tue 08, 2009 1:32 pm

Light Magic was a joke - that's why it only lasted 15 weeks. Fantillusion is pretty good. Check out the vids. it was developed along with Spectromagic, so you might notice some similarity amoung a few floats (like the carousel).

alsirrap
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by alsirrap » Jan Sat 09, 2010 3:49 am

My, by far the favorite is Spectromagic. I heard for some time that fantillusion was much better, but after seeing the video online, I don't think that it comes close. There have been rumors that Spectromagic may retire in about 2 years and be replaced by something similar to Spectromagic. I hope not!!!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sat 09, 2010 12:35 pm

To me, Spectromagic seem shorter than Fantillusion. But the best way to watch it was on the home video that TDL released when it got shipped off to DLP.

As for retiring Spectromagic - not in the next 2 years. They already spending money to renovate/expand part of Fantasyland, so I imagine there's no budget left to replace the electric light parade. I'm actually surprised they did not do like they did with Electrical Parade at DCA - add something new to it. DCA's Electrical Parade got a new float for Pixie Hollow and Tinkerbell (merchandising tie-in to the straight-to-home DVD releases done recently with Tinkerbell). If they built one float, why not build two at the same time? It's more economical, and they could plug the DVD's at WDW too with the float being in Spectromagic.

It would be a lot more economical to "refresh" Spectromagic than to replace it.