Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Happy 20th Birthday, Disneyland Paris!

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Thu 12, 2012 9:19 am

I can't believe it's been 20 years.

Thank God they changed the name from Euro Disney.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Happy 20th Birthday, Disneyland Paris!

Post by mindflipper » Apr Thu 12, 2012 11:12 am

Technically, another thread had already been started:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7836

...but it more discusses the new Disneyland Paris 20 tracks that had been added.

And, hey, what's wrong with Euro Disney? The original intent was for the park to represent more than just French culture and interest. The Visionarium ("From Time to Time" with Timekeeper) had headphones in the attraction which allowed you to hear the dialogue of the film in English, German and Spanish. If I remember correctly, some of the pirates speak other languages than French and English. They wanted to appeal to all of Europe with "Euro" Disney.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 12, 2012 11:34 am

Happy 20th birthday DLP ~ I wish I could be there to celebrate in person :D

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Thu 12, 2012 1:07 pm

Ahh...I didn't think about looking on another board.

I guess Euro Disney just sounded weird to me at the time...almost like it was Disney trying to hard or something. Maybe it just didn't have that magical sound to it.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Thu 12, 2012 1:57 pm

Amy wrote:Happy 20th birthday DLP ~ I wish I could be there to celebrate in person :D
Amen to that! :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Thu 12, 2012 6:55 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:Happy 20th birthday DLP ~ I wish I could be there to celebrate in person :D
Amen to that! :D
Can we *SNAP* ourselves there???
Bonne Anniversaire DLRP!!!!! :D

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Sat 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Wow, I'd forgotten that it was originally called EuroDisney. Good thing they got rid of that. :roll:

Looks like we'll be there for the 20th. Not by intention or plan, just a happy accident, but I'm so excited about it. :ccat:

And I've already told DH that we need to make room in the cupboard for another mug. :lol:

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Sun 15, 2012 7:35 am

That is awesome momeja! Just please don't forget your camera as I would love to see some recent (no offense Amy) pics of Euro Disney. I still call it Euro Disney as that's what it was when I went there SO many years ago.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 15, 2012 8:33 am

NaCler wrote:That is awesome momeja! Just please don't forget your camera as I would love to see some recent (no offense Amy) pics of Euro Disney. I still call it Euro Disney as that's what it was when I went there SO many years ago.
None taken! I'd love to see what all has changed in the last 9 years too :D

momeja

Post by momeja » Apr Sun 15, 2012 12:06 pm

I'll be happy to try to snap a few shots as we're running from ride to ride. :) I don't think it's going to be a "stop and smell the roses" experience, but I think it's going to be fun. My kids love a challenge like this, as you'll read when I get to Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of my last TR. :lol:

Mandi
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Mandi » Apr Tue 17, 2012 5:44 am

the new night show is just amzing,

people who seen world of color says it's not so big but for me , and in france it's the best ever!!!

just comem and see!

they call it euro disney first because they think it will be more over frontier or something like that and only 40% of guest are french,

but then they realize paris is more exiting and sound like quality for much poeple :)

hey still keep changing it by disenyland paris , disneyland resort paris and back,

they get the "resort" out again last year

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Apr Tue 17, 2012 6:53 am

they generally use the word 'resort' when there is more than one operational park for you to go see on property. so when Euro Disney opened, there was the one park, hence no 'resort'... now there is also WD studios, now they add the resort to the name.

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Apr Sat 21, 2012 9:25 pm

I would love to go to Disneyland Paris someday!

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Apr Mon 23, 2012 2:10 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:they generally use the word 'resort' when there is more than one operational park for you to go see on property. so when Euro Disney opened, there was the one park, hence no 'resort'... now there is also WD studios, now they add the resort to the name.
Actually, they dropped the "resort" again back in 2009. It's just "Disneyland Paris" again now. The parks being "Disneyland Park" (or "Parc Disneyland" depending on whether you're reading a French sign or the English ones) and "Walt Disney Studios Park".

Disneyland Paris has always been odd with its name. When it first opened in 1992 it was "Euro Disney Resort" (with the park called "Euro Disneyland"). Then in 1994, they changed it to "Euro Disney Resort Paris", just in case you couldn't remember where it was (and called the park "Euro Disneyland Paris"). That lasted a year until it changed to just "Disneyland Paris" for both the whole resort and the park in 1995.

That lasted until 2002 when Walt Disney Studios Park opened and they renamed the entire place "Disneyland Resort Paris" and the main park "Disneyland Park" or "Parc Disneyland" (again, depending on which language signs/map you're reading). And finally, in 2009 they dropped the "resort", going back to just "Disneyland Paris".

Disney Village wasn't left out of the fun either. From 1992 until 1997 it was called "Festival Disney". The whole thing is documented here in a nice table: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disneyland ... me_changes

In other news... 41 days until I'm there again for a few days :D
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 23, 2012 6:16 pm

acp wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:they generally use the word 'resort' when there is more than one operational park for you to go see on property. so when Euro Disney opened, there was the one park, hence no 'resort'... now there is also WD studios, now they add the resort to the name.
Actually, they dropped the "resort" again back in 2009. It's just "Disneyland Paris" again now. The parks being "Disneyland Park" (or "Parc Disneyland" depending on whether you're reading a French sign or the English ones) and "Walt Disney Studios Park".

Disneyland Paris has always been odd with its name. When it first opened in 1992 it was "Euro Disney Resort" (with the park called "Euro Disneyland"). Then in 1994, they changed it to "Euro Disney Resort Paris", just in case you couldn't remember where it was (and called the park "Euro Disneyland Paris"). That lasted a year until it changed to just "Disneyland Paris" for both the whole resort and the park in 1995.

That lasted until 2002 when Walt Disney Studios Park opened and they renamed the entire place "Disneyland Resort Paris" and the main park "Disneyland Park" or "Parc Disneyland" (again, depending on which language signs/map you're reading). And finally, in 2009 they dropped the "resort", going back to just "Disneyland Paris".

Disney Village wasn't left out of the fun either. From 1992 until 1997 it was called "Festival Disney". The whole thing is documented here in a nice table: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disneyland ... me_changes

In other news... 41 days until I'm there again for a few days :D
Wow ~ I hadn't realized they had changed so many times :shock:
I do hope you are planning on taking some photos and sharing a trip report with us when you return home ;) :D