Disneyland Paris 20/EPCOT 30 Upcoming Merchandise!

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Disneyland Paris 20/EPCOT 30 Upcoming Merchandise!

Post by mindflipper » Apr Sun 01, 2012 12:57 pm

April 2012 starts the 20th anniversary celebration for Disneyland Paris (opened April 12, 2012). Well, I have some friends in the UK who had been to DLP in the past (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6805) and will be returning today back home. Hopefully, once they return, they can send me some photos and more details of the trip so I can post them (btw, MmeLeota, they got to see Dreams in a pre-practice run and loved it). They have said the park is entirely decorated for the 20th Anniversary celebration. Also, all the 20th anniversary merchandise – T-shirts, pins, etc. – are out in full swing already. They sent me this photo of a special DLP 20th Mickey VM:

I thought NaCler would enjoy those photos – maybe even Mousekedude as well – but bad news, NaCler: these VM’s are available only at DLP and DLP does NOT do mail order. So if you want one, you will have to bid for it on Ebay once they start flooding that website.

One thing that was interesting is something that they picked up for me because they know I am a huge Phantom Manor fan. They have put a box set of action figures for it as seen below:

The two figures inside are “Le Phantom” and “La Belle Fiancee”. They said they’re about 8 inches tall and clothed. Better photos in a few weeks once they ship it back to me from the UK. They were told in May the next set comes out: Timekeeper and Nine-Eyes. According to the store clerk, the figures are part of a “retro” series merchandise celebrating the park as it was in 1992 when it was Euro Disney.

Besides the Phantom Manor, my other fav attraction at DLP was the Visionarium with Timekeeper (the original version before the Robin Williams-Rheba Perlman at WDW). I searched the net to try to find pics of the Timekeeper and Nine-Eyes figures, but didn’t find out anything on the Disney sites. However, I did find this one on a toy website:

It appears that there will also be figures for the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show. That forum also had someone post the list of the upcoming releases:

April 2012 – Phantom Manor Boxset: Phantom/Bride
May 2012 – Visionarium Boxset #1: Timekeeper and Nine-Eyes
May 2012 – 20th Celebration Carded Figures: 20th Anniversary Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy
June 2012 – Frontierland/Buffalo Bill Wild West Show Carded Figures: Buffalo Bill, Annie Oakley, and Sitting Bull
July 2012 – Pirates of the Caribbean Boxset #1: Singing Trio of Pirates
Aug 2012 – Visionarium Boxset #2: Jules Verne and H G Wells
Aug 2012 – Frontierland/Buffalo Bill Wild West Show Carded Figures: Western Mickey, Western Minnie
Sept 2012 – Pirates of the Caribbean Boxet #2: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Oct 2012 – Halloween Carded Figures: Orange Pumpkinman, Purple Witch
Nov 2012 - Frontierland Carded Figures: Big Thunder Miner, Gun Slinger, Mark Twain
Dec 2012 – The Nutcracker Parade Carded Figures
Dec 2012 – Buffalo Bill Wild West Show Boxsets: Buffalo Bill and horse, Annie Oakley and horse, Sitting Bull and horse, Stage Coach with driver and horses
Jan 2013 – Pirates of the Caribbean Boxset #3: The Bride Auction

Now, many things posted on forum websites (as we’ve learned from some postings around here) are rumors and speculation, so I have no idea of how much this actual fact or not. Oddly enough, at another website did find what someone had posted as a “marketing package prototype” of a possibly impending release of these kind of figures for EPCOT:

The American Adventure Boxset of Mark Twain and Benjamin Franklin would have an “early release” for July 4, 2012 at EPCOT only. However, this is still in development and not yet finalized; I guess we’ll know it has been “greenlighted” when it gets officially announced on the Disney blog. But according the forum posting I read, there could be other figures released depending on how Franklin & Twain sell. Like the Disneyland Paris figure line, the EPCOT line would also be “retro” based on 1982:

Oct 2012 – Journey Into Imagination Boxset: “One Little Spark” (Dreamfinder & Figment), Horizons Boxset #1: Land, Future Showcase Mickey and Minnie
Nov 2012 – Living Seas Boxset: Sea Base Alpha Divers (Male & Female), Horizons Boxset #2: Space, Test Track Dummies Boxset
Dec 2012 – The Land Boxset: The Kitchen Kabaret. Horizons Boxset #3: Seas, Norway Maelstrom Boxset, World Showcase Mickey and Minnie

So if anyone hears any more of this or has any better photos than I have, please post!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disneyland Paris 20/EPCOT 30 Upcoming Merchandise!

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Fun! It looks like DLP is going all out for their 20th. Maybe some of that enthusiasm will rub off on Team Orlando :D
I would probably be interested in the Dreamfinder/Figment release, and maybe the Kitchen Kabaret one. Not so sure about any of the others.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Apr Sun 01, 2012 4:19 pm

I've come to see, in all my research on DLP as well as info from a certain friend who works there, that Paris is much more enthusiastic than the American parks. Which saddens me. Kinda tired of how it is all about money and power in our parks with not much attention to anything special. Plus I have access to the DLP employee magazine and I love reading up on what they are doing. Always something going on!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Sun 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Frankly to me, it seems like DL, TDL and DLP do more with merchandising than WDW. With WDW it's just T-shirts, pins, and Vinylmation. So far, until this popped up, that's all I had heard for EPCOT 30. Maybe there's still a chance for a CD set as well?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 01, 2012 6:36 pm

mindflipper wrote:Frankly to me, it seems like DL, TDL and DLP do more with merchandising than WDW. With WDW it's just T-shirts, pins, and Vinylmation. So far, until this popped up, that's all I had heard for EPCOT 30. Maybe there's still a chance for a CD set as well?
Fingers crossed on the EPCOT 30 CD set. I would certainly love that! Including the full Fountain of Nations show, all the retired and past attractions...that would be great :D
Last edited by Amy on Apr Sun 01, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Sun 01, 2012 7:59 pm

mindflipper wrote:Frankly to me, it seems like DL, TDL and DLP do more with merchandising than WDW. With WDW it's just T-shirts, pins, and Vinylmation. So far, until this popped up, that's all I had heard for EPCOT 30. Maybe there's still a chance for a CD set as well?
I think part of it is that they share the merch between DLR and WDW, so that the costs of production are lower. Though I think DLR gets more special merch since more locals visit and buy that sort of thing.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Mon 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Gotta an update:

Other than the Disneyland 20 VM, every other piece of merchandise shown at top are...fakes. That's right, they're not real. Why? Simple: April's Fool Day.

As far as "special" anniversary merchandise, there's really only going to be T-shirts, pins and VM (oh my...)...

Although, Amy, DLP stands a better chance of having a CD than EPCOT for its anniversary. They did for their 15th, and there's plenty available for reasonable price on Ebay now...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 02, 2012 10:02 pm

mindflipper wrote:Gotta an update:

Other than the Disneyland 20 VM, every other piece of merchandise shown at top are...fakes. That's right, they're not real. Why? Simple: April's Fool Day.

As far as "special" anniversary merchandise, there's really only going to be T-shirts, pins and VM (oh my...)...

Although, Amy, DLP stands a better chance of having a CD than EPCOT for its anniversary. They did for their 15th, and there's plenty available for reasonable price on Ebay now...
Oh, you tricky person you! That was the only April Fool's Day thing I fell for too :evil:
Guess I will need to check out the ebay offerings here soon :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Mon 02, 2012 11:24 pm

I was wondering about that since the items looked rather... crappy and the box looked wrong.