Disney Dreams - New show at Disneyland Paris

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Disney Dreams - New show at Disneyland Paris

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Sat 31, 2012 5:56 pm

The newest member of Disney nighttime entertainment just joined the ranks...Disney Dreams. I hope this link works since there have been several issues with links not working...including the one I was originally trying to watch the show on. As of now, I have not yet watched the whole show, but I decided to wait until Cbog40 gets home...then we can watch it together.

http://www.wat.tv/embedframe/916689chuPP3r8352161

There are already rumors swirling that this will be replacing Wishes...what do you think?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Dreams - New show at Disneyland Paris

Post by mindflipper » Mar Sat 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Wishes is getting old, but the marketing so far on this show has been billing it as an exclusive part of the Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary Celebration.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Sat 31, 2012 6:32 pm

Yeah, I saw that too...plus I don't think the entire magnitude of this show would "fit" into MK. If they were to attempt it, the show would have to be scaled down a bit...at least when it comes to the water fountains.

But I know that Wishes has been around for quite some time and I wouldn't be surprised if the show that replaces it would be something along these lines.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Sat 31, 2012 9:30 pm

True, bits of Wishes were cannibalized for use in the DL's 50th Fireworks/Projection show. I wouldn't be surprised that parts of this don't get used somewhere else. After all, it does remind me a bit of DCA's WoC at DL.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Sat 31, 2012 9:47 pm

This is infinitely better than Wishes. I'd gladly welcome a DLP import I'd actually watch (because we got stuck with Lights Motors Action!, after all).

'Course the better part would be to just go watch it in Paris... I can dream. -sighs heavily- :(

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

That's really lovely MmeLeota ~ thanks for sharing :D

ekim101
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by ekim101 » Apr Wed 04, 2012 12:56 am

The videos look amazing. Will have to plan a trip back accross the pond

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » May Tue 08, 2012 10:29 pm

This show is amazing! Love it!
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Tue 08, 2012 11:19 pm

mindflipper wrote:True, bits of Wishes were cannibalized for use in the DL's 50th Fireworks/Projection show. I wouldn't be surprised that parts of this don't get used somewhere else. After all, it does remind me a bit of DCA's WoC at DL.
Yeah, I was kinda disappointed when I found that out about RDCT and Wishes. But RDCT is still my favorite fireworks show.
It's not a surprise that Disney Dreams has similarities to WoC, since Steve Davison is the creative genius behind both of them. We had the chance to see him at the D23 Expo in 2009 and he was so charismatic during his presentation.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Wed 09, 2012 11:17 am

I'm seriously considering going to DLP either this fall or early next year so I hope they keep it running for a bit. The videos don't do it the justice it deserves, I'm guessing.

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » May Tue 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Looks like a neat show. I was thrown off a little bit when Peter Pan was speaking in English and Wendy would reply in French. :)

I think the successor to Wishes will make use of the technology they use in the pre-show. If you haven't seen it, it's awesome.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Wed 23, 2012 8:55 am

Soarin08 wrote:I'm seriously considering going to DLP either this fall or early next year so I hope they keep it running for a bit. The videos don't do it the justice it deserves, I'm guessing.
Ooh!!! A possible trip to DLP??? How awesome!!!! With the amount of work/$$$ that went into the show, I imagine it will be around for a while. After all, DL still uses Remember, Dreams Come True 7 years after the 50th (no complaints from me :) )...except in the summer they use Magical (which is another Davison production, but not as impressive IMHO).

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Wed 23, 2012 12:25 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:I'm seriously considering going to DLP either this fall or early next year so I hope they keep it running for a bit. The videos don't do it the justice it deserves, I'm guessing.
Ooh!!! A possible trip to DLP??? How awesome!!!! With the amount of work/$$$ that went into the show, I imagine it will be around for a while. After all, DL still uses Remember, Dreams Come True 7 years after the 50th (no complaints from me :) )...except in the summer they use Magical (which is another Davison production, but not as impressive IMHO).
It's a slight possible if I can research the best airfare to get. We'll see. Mr. Brit told me the other day that the show is supposed to run for at least 5 years with the anniversary celebration continuing a minimum of one year, possibly a bit over even a year.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Fri 25, 2012 11:53 am

Fabulous! Hopefully you will be able to make a trek over there!!! :D Hopefully we will be able to make it over there to see it too someday before it leaves.
Any word on Mr. Brit's return?

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Fri 25, 2012 2:07 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Fabulous! Hopefully you will be able to make a trek over there!!! :D Hopefully we will be able to make it over there to see it too someday before it leaves.
Any word on Mr. Brit's return?
If I can, you guys will be the first to know. We shall see. I'm not betting on it but I might end up surprising myself.

Next April... still nothing finalised on length of time yet but still. April 2013. So far yet I can make it! :D