Disney Paris - Can you see it all in one day?

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re: Disney Paris - Can you see it all in one day?

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Mon 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Well a message arrived this morning from my dear friend who works over there with my room rate quotes at his discounted rate for cast, so as soon as I can read it, I'll make a decision. Probably within 48 hours or so. :)
Awesome! Better than anything I can offer :D I hope you go, you'll have a spectacular time!
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Wed 04, 2012 6:36 am

I think it's happening. 4 days/3 nights for the cheapest hotel option (Hotel Santa Fe) is $450. I'll have decided on Saturday once I get back from Indiana.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 04, 2012 8:26 am

Soarin08 wrote:I think it's happening. 4 days/3 nights for the cheapest hotel option (Hotel Santa Fe) is $450. I'll have decided on Saturday once I get back from Indiana.
GO FOR IT!!! It might be a bit more than you would pay here, but you've got a great airfare and it really is a great opportunity to go and see some of the world. I don't think you will regret it at all. Perhaps you can ask your family if they would consider giving you a few bucks instead of gifts for your birthday and Christmas this year...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 07, 2012 8:05 am

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:I think it's happening. 4 days/3 nights for the cheapest hotel option (Hotel Santa Fe) is $450. I'll have decided on Saturday once I get back from Indiana.
GO FOR IT!!! It might be a bit more than you would pay here, but you've got a great airfare and it really is a great opportunity to go and see some of the world. I don't think you will regret it at all. Perhaps you can ask your family if they would consider giving you a few bucks instead of gifts for your birthday and Christmas this year...
The flight dropped again to $680... I need to hurry and book it!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sat 07, 2012 11:53 am

If I recall, Santa Fe is also one of the closer hotels. With the exception of the Disneyland Hotel (which is considered inside the park but actually on top of the entrance) they are all just a short walk to the two parks/the train station.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 07, 2012 12:13 pm

I had considered Disneyland Hotel till I saw that even at 50% off it was still over $1000 USD for the 3 nights. Not an option! :shock: I looked over the photos of Santa Fe and think it will be just fine for me. Apparently they just did an overhaul to incorporate Cars elements (go figure) and it reminded me a bit of DAAR.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sat 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Yeah DLH is the most expensive on site, but I actually thought the Sequoia (might have been Sierra) lodge was nicer. Both high end but mine was less expensive and had a balcony that could watch the various fireworks shows.

They did a semi cars infusion, they were replacing old western movie murals with more modern stuff and I think the kids bedding was replaced.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 07, 2012 1:27 pm

I will have to look back to see which hotel I stayed at when I visited. It definitely wasn't the DLH though ~ that was sooooo pricey! The walk from the park to the hotel was only about 5 minutes so it wasn't a big deal. The room was huge too!

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Sat 07, 2012 8:49 pm

I was just curious, will you be in France or Europe longer than the four days you've mentioned? Or is this just a quick jump over and back?
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 07, 2012 8:50 pm

DisneySpin wrote:I was just curious, will you be in France or Europe longer than the four days you've mentioned? Or is this just a quick jump over and back?
For now, just France for that time. Hopefully I can hop to England next time.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sat 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Too bad you can't swing an extra day or two and book your return flight out of heathrow then you could take the eurostar from DLRP to Waterloo and be in central london.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 07, 2012 9:37 pm

I know... I have to work and I can't just take off a huge chunk. As it is I'm taking 6 days off.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sat 07, 2012 9:53 pm

So, how bad is your jet lag, though it might be easier since we are talking about a smaller change than the west coast.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:So, how bad is your jet lag, though it might be easier since we are talking about a smaller change than the west coast.
Let's see, this will be post Daylight Savings Time, so I'll be what, 6 or 7 hours behind here in Florida? I got jet lag crossing from Mountain Standard to Eastern Standard time (2 hour difference) so with me, who can say. I tend to get worn down from travelling, although I think my adrenaline for this will be rather enough to keep me awake for quite some time.

cameronwr
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by cameronwr » Aug Sun 05, 2012 4:36 pm

I think you'll need at least 2 days. My Family had 3 days and we didn't get on everything.

Big Tip: Get on Crush's Coaster and everything in Toy Story Playland (both in Studios) very early.