Disney Paris - Can you see it all in one day?

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Paris - Can you see it all in one day?

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 26, 2012 4:31 am

Wizzard419 wrote:
momeja wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:If you are there during the slow times then extended hours are totally not needed. That is how slow it gets there.
True. Unfortunately, we'll be there in mid-July, so I figure we'll need all the help we can get.
"Mid July" can be dead or packed, if you are there before the 14th it will be pretty slow, after, it will be busy.
momeja wrote:Probably sometime the week of July 16. Maybe we'll slip in before the crowds?

Amy, I'll try to get a picture of the Eiffel Tower at night for you. :)
I do hope you can avoid the crowds. It was pretty quiet when I was there and it was simply beautiful to roam around without too many other guests around!

Wuzefelix
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Wuzefelix » Mar Wed 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi,

I don't have much time right now but I want to help you :-).

1 day seems extremely short for Disney Paris. Usually I'd recommend 3 days to enjoy it all. But 2 days would be already good. Even with the recent additions to the Studios park you'd spend more time in the Disneyland park than the Studios.

You know, the Explorer's Hotel at Disneyland Paris can easily accommodate large families and groups like yours. It is not a Disney Hotel but a Disney partner Hotel that has a free shuttle bus to the parks. I believe every 20 minutes or so. It's just a 5 minute ride.

http://www.explorershotels.com/

I really hope you'll have a great trip whichever you decide! I'll come back here tomorrow when I have more time.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Sat 31, 2012 10:50 pm

Wuzefelix wrote:Hi,

I don't have much time right now but I want to help you :-).

1 day seems extremely short for Disney Paris. Usually I'd recommend 3 days to enjoy it all. But 2 days would be already good. Even with the recent additions to the Studios park you'd spend more time in the Disneyland park than the Studios.

You know, the Explorer's Hotel at Disneyland Paris can easily accommodate large families and groups like yours. It is not a Disney Hotel but a Disney partner Hotel that has a free shuttle bus to the parks. I believe every 20 minutes or so. It's just a 5 minute ride.

http://www.explorershotels.com/

I really hope you'll have a great trip whichever you decide! I'll come back here tomorrow when I have more time.
Actually, I had some UK friends who stayed at the Hotel Explorer and liked it:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6805

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Sat 31, 2012 11:00 pm

Just out of curiosity, are you staying in the city proper for Paris? You could actually have multiple days since the train (I'm not 100% sure if it's part of the metro) lets off right at the parks and it isn't a very long ride.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Sat 31, 2012 11:53 pm

If I can get ahold of my friend who works at DLP I'd gladly see what he recommends for touring one day only. He's been working at the park in guest services since 2006 (with the exception of last year for his cultural rep program in the UK pavilion) and it pretty much a genius with planning out how to best see DLP. But due to his schedule as of late with the 20th anniversary... can't guarantee I can squeeze in that much extra chat time with him.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Sat 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Just out of curiosity, are you staying in the city proper for Paris? You could actually have multiple days since the train (I'm not 100% sure if it's part of the metro) lets off right at the parks and it isn't a very long ride.
True. Although there's a lot of the rest of Paris that we want to see, too. :lol:

Right now, we're leaning towards a one day, no holds barred experience, including VIP fastpasses (which appear to be the same as Universal's FOTL passes). You can buy the VIP FPs separately, and since they're good for as many times on any FP ride as you want, I think they're worth the expense for us. And anyway, it will still be cheaper than buying 2 day tickets plus overnight lodging. The park is open from 10 am to 11 pm. That's 13 hours of pure Disney in Paris pleasure. :ccat:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Sat 14, 2012 5:13 pm

momeja wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Just out of curiosity, are you staying in the city proper for Paris? You could actually have multiple days since the train (I'm not 100% sure if it's part of the metro) lets off right at the parks and it isn't a very long ride.
True. Although there's a lot of the rest of Paris that we want to see, too. :lol:

Right now, we're leaning towards a one day, no holds barred experience, including VIP fastpasses (which appear to be the same as Universal's FOTL passes). You can buy the VIP FPs separately, and since they're good for as many times on any FP ride as you want, I think they're worth the expense for us. And anyway, it will still be cheaper than buying 2 day tickets plus overnight lodging. The park is open from 10 am to 11 pm. That's 13 hours of pure Disney in Paris pleasure. :ccat:
Plus, it's DLP's 20th so I hope you do go... :D

...and remember to do a trip report when you get back. :mrgreen: :mickey:

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Sun 15, 2012 7:45 am

What are the furnishings of a decent priced room on property? If there is a couch or a comfortable chair I would leave off the youngest from the reservation (like Amy stated) and just all cram into a room. If it's only 1 night then I don't think they would mind not sleeping in a bed. Especially if it means more time in Disney. Not that we do this at WDW... But it works. ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 15, 2012 8:25 am

NaCler wrote:What are the furnishings of a decent priced room on property? If there is a couch or a comfortable chair I would leave off the youngest from the reservation (like Amy stated) and just all cram into a room. If it's only 1 night then I don't think they would mind not sleeping in a bed. Especially if it means more time in Disney. Not that we do this at WDW... But it works. ;)
My room was huge when I stayed at DLP. I only had a double bed as I had a single room, but the room itself was really large. Can't remember at the moment if there was a sofa or not ~ and those pictures are locked in the non-functioning desktop computer at the moment :evil: ~ but I could have fit several extra people in if I had had any friends along with me :D

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Wed 27, 2012 10:19 am

I would really focus on DLP with just the one day. Even with some of the rides being similar to the U.S. parks, the Paris park itself is really beautiful. It just has a bit more of the European fairy tale look about it. The castle and grounds around it...so pretty. And, even though the basic concepts were begun by our U.S. Imagineers, the whole park is very well suited to its' French/European location. Be sure, as many have mentioned, to give yourself at least two trips through Phantom Manor, first to really experience it, then the 2nd time to try for some video. It's a blast!
Now, having just returned from France, please, please be sure to give yourself lots of time to experience Paris. We Disney lovers want to do our Disney, but as an avid traveler in general, I have to suggest a few Paris sites as well. The Metro is perfection and will get you anywhere so easily. Not knowing your family interests or ages, I would still say see Sainte Chapelle, no matter if there's a line, it's as though you've stepped inside a jewelry box, for a manageable museum, the Orsay, a picnic lunch in any park, all beautiful, and for a truly awesome Gothic church with a great necropolis, The St. Denis Cathedral. Yes, I know everyone heads to Notre Dame, and see it if there's time, but St. Denis easily reached by Metro, will intrigue the whole family. Memorials to many members of French royalty, beautiful architecture and stained glass. Mostly, have FUN!!
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 27, 2012 10:59 am

DisneySpin wrote:I would really focus on DLP with just the one day. Even with some of the rides being similar to the U.S. parks, the Paris park itself is really beautiful. It just has a bit more of the European fairy tale look about it. The castle and grounds around it...so pretty. And, even though the basic concepts were begun by our U.S. Imagineers, the whole park is very well suited to its' French/European location. Be sure, as many have mentioned, to give yourself at least two trips through Phantom Manor, first to really experience it, then the 2nd time to try for some video. It's a blast!
Now, having just returned from France, please, please be sure to give yourself lots of time to experience Paris. We Disney lovers want to do our Disney, but as an avid traveler in general, I have to suggest a few Paris sites as well. The Metro is perfection and will get you anywhere so easily. Not knowing your family interests or ages, I would still say see Sainte Chapelle, no matter if there's a line, it's as though you've stepped inside a jewelry box, for a manageable museum, the Orsay, a picnic lunch in any park, all beautiful, and for a truly awesome Gothic church with a great necropolis, The St. Denis Cathedral. Yes, I know everyone heads to Notre Dame, and see it if there's time, but St. Denis easily reached by Metro, will intrigue the whole family. Memorials to many members of French royalty, beautiful architecture and stained glass. Mostly, have FUN!!
I was very pleased by how easy the Metro was to navigate while I was there. It ran so efficiently and was always clean! I would add the Louvre to your list, but I suppose that really takes up most of an entire day so it wouldn't be practical on such a short trip.

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Wed 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Amy wrote: I was very pleased by how easy the Metro was to navigate while I was there. It ran so efficiently and was always clean! I would add the Louvre to your list, but I suppose that really takes up most of an entire day so it wouldn't be practical on such a short trip.
Right, the Louvre is wonderful, but so extensive. That's why I suggested the Orsay - many famous artworks, beginning with the Impressionists, the beautiful building itself, and the size is much easier to deal with. A family with children can do this museum very well since many of the paintings are so familiar. And yes, I can't say enough about the Metro, especially comparing it to the London Underground. Paris: clean, well-lit, tickets and directions very clear, and A/C! London: well, let me just say, I love the city, but using the Tube is a trip to Hades, grungy, cluttered and Hot, absolutely no air movement while you wait or in the cars themselves.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Sat 30, 2012 9:08 am

DisneySpin wrote:I would really focus on DLP with just the one day. Even with some of the rides being similar to the U.S. parks, the Paris park itself is really beautiful. It just has a bit more of the European fairy tale look about it. The castle and grounds around it...so pretty. And, even though the basic concepts were begun by our U.S. Imagineers, the whole park is very well suited to its' French/European location. Be sure, as many have mentioned, to give yourself at least two trips through Phantom Manor, first to really experience it, then the 2nd time to try for some video. It's a blast!
This also helps me out as I sit here weighing the best way to plan out potentially going. I was considering a day for Parc Disneyland, a day for Walt Disney Studios Park, and 1-2 days in Paris if I do go so this is a good thing to hear on my end as well.

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Sat 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
This also helps me out as I sit here weighing the best way to plan out potentially going. I was considering a day for Parc Disneyland, a day for Walt Disney Studios Park, and 1-2 days in Paris if I do go so this is a good thing to hear on my end as well.
Ooh, I'm excited for you! Obviously I love any time in France and have been fortunate enough to visit a number of times. If I can give you any other insights, feel free to let me know. No matter what you plan, I hope you love it!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 02, 2012 4:21 pm

Well a message arrived this morning from my dear friend who works over there with my room rate quotes at his discounted rate for cast, so as soon as I can read it, I'll make a decision. Probably within 48 hours or so. :)