Need help planning possible Paris trip

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

IMFearless
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by IMFearless » May Mon 03, 2010 7:50 pm

Duly noted, mindflipper, I'll try my best to keep track of what all I actually do and report back.
Otherwise, found something that's actually more pressing about the trip to take care of first, so this can wait a teensy bit :P
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 03, 2010 8:41 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:Image
m-o-s-t-a-w-e-s-o-m-e-e-m-o-t-i-c-o-n-e-v-e-r! :shock:
And that is saying something when referring to your emoticon genius Jacca!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Mon 03, 2010 10:34 pm

IM Fearless: will this be your first time visiting Disneyland Paris? Or have you been before? If you haven't been, just ignore all the bad press it got in those early years - it really is a great park to visit! I loved it both times I went! :D :mickey:

IMFearless

Post by IMFearless » May Tue 04, 2010 1:00 pm

It'll be my first time in a country other than US or Canada ;)
And actually, I've pretty much ignored the bad press ... because from what I've heard, Frontierland and Tomorrowland at least are quite unique :P
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Tue 04, 2010 1:03 pm

I have never been to the Studios (weren't built when I was there) so I look forward to hearing your opinion on that park.

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Need help planning possible Paris trip

Post by disneylizzy » May Sun 23, 2010 11:24 am

Just wanted to add that if the original poster can just get to the Paris train station, he can easily catch a train to Disneyland Paris. I've played with the idea of doing a Disneyland add-on trip to some of my travels too. Plus the France castle looks pretty neato to me.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Sun 23, 2010 11:32 am

Quite true, disneylizzy. I took the RER-A train straight from the Charles de Gaulle Etoile (L'Arc de Triomphe). It was really easy. It's a long ride, so you will want to take an iPod full of Disney tunes with you to keep you entertained.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 04, 2010 5:43 pm

I know this is kind of a necropost but while CDG has a shuttle the way I arrived was via the eurostar from London (aka the Chunnel). Since I was living in london for a period of time for a research thing it was a little different than a normal vacation, and no jetlag. The big perk of the eurostar is that the station (same building as the trains from Paris as well) is right at the center and right by the hotel shuttles.

Funny thing about it, I was coming back on a friday (to London) and they just stamped my passport on the train and there was no customs people at the station, you walked through an empty area that would normally do the whole passport check.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I know this is kind of a necropost but while CDG has a shuttle the way I arrived was via the eurostar from London (aka the Chunnel). Since I was living in london for a period of time for a research thing it was a little different than a normal vacation, and no jetlag. The big perk of the eurostar is that the station (same building as the trains from Paris as well) is right at the center and right by the hotel shuttles.

Funny thing about it, I was coming back on a friday (to London) and they just stamped my passport on the train and there was no customs people at the station, you walked through an empty area that would normally do the whole passport check.
That is a big bonus not having to wait in a passport check line!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Going both ways the passport control is minimal. Going to they stamp your passport with the french stamps while still in the London station (the security check is no more than normal airport but the lines are really short). The only real hassle of taking the eurostar is that regardless of the resort you stay at the check in process takes forever once you get to the hotel (if you're staying on site).

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Tue 07, 2010 11:41 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Going both ways the passport control is minimal. Going to they stamp your passport with the french stamps while still in the London station (the security check is no more than normal airport but the lines are really short). The only real hassle of taking the eurostar is that regardless of the resort you stay at the check in process takes forever once you get to the hotel (if you're staying on site).
Plus the passport line as I remember it is not as long as it would be the airports!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 08, 2010 12:24 am

That is correct, the only drawback is that you're probably going to have to go through the airport line at some point as trans-atlantic cruises are not the most popular means of transit.