Tokyo Disneyland

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

Ever been to Tokyo Disneyland or Disney Seas?

No
77%
Yes, and I'll post to tell you all about it...
23%

Total votes: 52

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Tokyo Disneyland

Post by sockfire » Jun Fri 04, 2004 7:44 pm

Every wonder what the Tokyo Disney Resort looks like? You'd be amazed at how few pics Disney has of these cool parks on their site.

Check out the Tomorrowland section and Disney Seas!
http://www.jtcent.com/index.html

:shock:

Vivi

Post by Vivi » Jun Sun 06, 2004 3:11 pm

crazy!

that website is *very* nice

i have to go there now! :shock:

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Mon 07, 2004 11:02 am

I want to see pictures of Space Mountain's queue, station, and ride. :)

pgreger

Post by pgreger » Jun Mon 07, 2004 1:27 pm

Awwwww, just saw the pic of the "Star Jets" in Tommorrowland. Remember when the rockets used to be up high like that at D-land???? Up on top of what used to be the People Mover??? darn, I miss that!!!! The turned it into just another Dumbo when they put it on the ground...

sockfire

Post by sockfire » Jun Mon 07, 2004 3:02 pm

subsonic wrote:I want to see pictures of Space Mountain's queue, station, and ride. :)
Maybe we could email that guy and request that he take some pictures of these areas on his next visit.

sockfire

pic of Space Mountain station

Post by sockfire » Jun Wed 09, 2004 8:33 pm

subsonic wrote:I want to see pictures of Space Mountain's queue, station, and ride. :)
The picture quality sucks, but there was one picture on his site of the station:
http://www.jtcent.com/disneyland/tomorr ... smtrkt.jpg

AlexLoup
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by AlexLoup » May Sun 01, 2005 10:59 pm

My Cousin works in Tokyo DisneySea, she is Japanese... long story about my uncle (we are all white) after the war. But she has complained about the American Cast Members there.
I've gone full circle on my avatars.

gsimpson
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by gsimpson » Nov Fri 11, 2005 11:30 pm

Disney seas is one of the nicest parks in the Disney empire. It is unique and has many 1 of a kind attractions. When I was there they were still build the "Tower Hotel" which is of course the Tower of Terror but since they never really had Twilight Zone in Japan the theme is a bit different, hey tied it into their fake ship which was owned by a rich guy named "Tower". I really didn't think their Magic Kingdom was as good as Disneyland although it was larger (I don't think is was as large as WDW's MK). One of the things that you really notice is how clean everything is kept, it is as near perfect as you can imagine. The Lagoon show at Disney Seas, BraviSEAmo is on a par with Reflections of Earth, only without the fireworks, they had a few minor fireworks shoot out the top of the Journey to the Center of the Earth's volcano but they weren't all that great.

zyberzeuz
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by zyberzeuz » Dec Sat 17, 2005 11:49 am

i want to go to tokyo disneyland, it looks really cool. on the one website it says how much it costs to go in in yen(is that how u spell it???) but how much would it be in american dollars?

petchie
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by petchie » Jan Sat 21, 2006 7:17 pm

Loved Tokyo's parks! Disney Sea themeing reminded me of the great theming in IOA, but with more Disney perfection. Tokyo DL was like stepping back into WDW circa 1980 with the flawlessly perfect maintenance.

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Just Believe » Aug Wed 09, 2006 6:40 pm

I want to go to ANY OF THE INTERNATIONAL PARKS but more importantly Disney Tokyo Disney and DIsney Sea!!! I think the design of Disney Sea is SOOO interesting. I think of it as another EPCOT because the design is far fetched from something Disney would normally do.
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

opalias

Post by opalias » Feb Sat 03, 2007 6:14 pm

I've been a big fan of Japan for the longest time. As a kid i was practically spoon fed disney from day 1. I'm in the navy right now and would really like to find myself pulling into japan for liberty.

thsawrp
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by thsawrp » May Wed 02, 2007 6:47 pm

Disney Sea looks soooooooo amazing.

wdwfaninjapan
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by wdwfaninjapan » May Tue 08, 2007 2:41 pm

Like I've said in previous posts in other threads, Tokyo Disney Resort is one of those places you have to see yourself to truly experience it. The parks are in perfect maintenance. They get there because management is willing to take a major attraction offline for a long enough period at any time during the year to make it right.

On a side note, the GPS/laser driven 'hunny pot' vehicles in Pooh's Hunny Hunt are amazing. That probably explains why there's almost a constant 120+ minute wait for it.

wdwfaninjapan

Post by wdwfaninjapan » May Sat 12, 2007 12:11 am

I've heard that there can be up to an hour wait just to grab FastPasses for this ride. Is that true?
On busier days (i.e. weekends, holidays) yes. Another one of my favorites was the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster return time. One day I got in at around 11:30 AM. The FastPass return time was between 19:30 and 20:30.

The amazing thing is no one really complains about it either. The Japanese wait paitently and then head off to go on something else. Or sometimes get the FastPass and then run to get in line for the ride.