Considering Tokyo trip - suggestions?

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Considering Tokyo trip - suggestions?

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Wed 09, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm surprised they haven't adapted the system that is in place at DCA where you have tickets for the show.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Wed 09, 2011 10:21 pm

The ticket system for Woc? That could work. I mean for most of the time the crowds aren't that bad, but from what I hear about the summer during the peak tourist season it can get bad there. Maybe the ticket system or lottery system can cut down on that?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Thu 10, 2011 12:57 am

I haven't bothered with WDW's fantasmic because it's bollocks compared to ours (from what I hear), but they could probably section the areas out more, hijack the the machines of the least active fp attraction for the park to do the tickets (I am not sure if it's by choice or flaw in the code but any ticket given out at GRR fastpass ditribution does not impact any other passes because they don't share that you got pass with the system) and you can avoid ugly lines and whatnot.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 10, 2011 7:12 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I haven't bothered with WDW's fantasmic because it's bollocks compared to ours (from what I hear), but they could probably section the areas out more, hijack the the machines of the least active fp attraction for the park to do the tickets (I am not sure if it's by choice or flaw in the code but any ticket given out at GRR fastpass ditribution does not impact any other passes because they don't share that you got pass with the system) and you can avoid ugly lines and whatnot.
You really should go to Fantasmic in WDW ~ it is a really good show :D

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Feb Thu 10, 2011 9:39 am

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I haven't bothered with WDW's fantasmic because it's bollocks compared to ours (from what I hear), but they could probably section the areas out more, hijack the the machines of the least active fp attraction for the park to do the tickets (I am not sure if it's by choice or flaw in the code but any ticket given out at GRR fastpass ditribution does not impact any other passes because they don't share that you got pass with the system) and you can avoid ugly lines and whatnot.
You really should go to Fantasmic in WDW ~ it is a really good show :D
I like F! at DL better, but the late show on a night when there's 2 shows and you don't have to line up for an hour beforehand is pretty good. :)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 10, 2011 9:55 am

I'm like Wizz - I've been to F! at DLR more than once, and seeing it at DHS at WDW - well, it doesn't compare. To me, the original is better. However, I am interested in seeing how they do it over at TDL's DisneySea.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 10, 2011 10:21 am

mindflipper wrote:I'm like Wizz - I've been to F! at DLR more than once, and seeing it at DHS at WDW - well, it doesn't compare. To me, the original is better. However, I am interested in seeing how they do it over at TDL's DisneySea.
Do you think that maybe you prefer DL's Fantasmic because you are so much closer to all the action? I know you don't care for the WDW Pocohantas scene, but other than that, the shows seem pretty similar...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 10, 2011 10:55 am

I would like to see F! at DHS get an upgrade or two; It would be nice if it could benefit from the TDL F! changes.

BTW has anyone heard when TDL F! is suppose to open or if they started its construction?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Thu 10, 2011 2:12 pm

The reason that I've never heard good things from people who saw the DL version first was that they felt the scale was too far reduced since it isn't using the river, the ships, etc.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:The reason that I've never heard good things from people who saw the DL version first was that they felt the scale was too far reduced since it isn't using the river, the ships, etc.
Don't they use the sailing ship Columbia in the pirates scene? And also the riverboat for the finale?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:The reason that I've never heard good things from people who saw the DL version first was that they felt the scale was too far reduced since it isn't using the river, the ships, etc.
I agree; I felt like the scale of DHS was in miniature compared to the DLR version.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Thu 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Amy wrote:
Don't they use the sailing ship Columbia in the pirates scene? And also the riverboat for the finale?
Yep, they both have a role as well as small boats/stages that are about the same size as the mark twain rafts.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 10, 2011 7:58 pm

mindflipper wrote:
I agree; I felt like the scale of DHS was in miniature compared to the DLR version.
I think DHS's sheer size of the stadium and venue makes it seem like Fantasmic is smaller at WDW. I think WDW's Fantasmic is grander in scale if you compare the size of the staging onTom Sawyer's Island out in DL to the version in WDW..

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 10, 2011 9:38 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
I think DHS's sheer size of the stadium and venue makes it seem like Fantasmic is smaller at WDW. I think WDW's Fantasmic is grander in scale if you compare the size of the staging onTom Sawyer's Island out in DL to the version in WDW..
Nope, it just feels smaller in scale to me.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Thu 10, 2011 10:57 pm

So people really line up for it? Is it like fantasmic here (when it first started) where people would camp out for hours?

That is one really nice thing about the way they do WoC, it keeps people from coming in with a blanket and taking over a spot crazy early.