Charging for Fast passes

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

alsirrap
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by alsirrap » Jan Sat 09, 2010 3:33 am

Disney is apparently testing the out in Paris, copying the same thing that Universal Studios is doing. However the general concensus is that it will never go over in WDW. I forget the reasoning, at the moment, but it sounded good to me when I heard it.

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: Charging for Fast passes

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Fri 08, 2011 2:00 am

I hope they never introduce this at Disneyland. It would create a two tier system of riders. If it's free, everyone has the same opportunity to get a fastpass. I don't get upset while in a regular line, fastpass holders go by me, as I am probably holding a fastpass for another attraction. But if I'm in line, and people keep passing me because they paid to go to the front of the line, I don't think that is in keeping with the true spurt of Disneyland, and most people wouldn't enjoy themselves as much due to the spite they would have to those special fastpass holders.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re:

Post by momeja » Apr Fri 08, 2011 11:15 pm

alsirrap wrote:Disney is apparently testing the out in Paris, copying the same thing that Universal Studios is doing. However the general concensus is that it will never go over in WDW. I forget the reasoning, at the moment, but it sounded good to me when I heard it.
Well, one reason is that there are too many onsite resorts to set up FOTL like at Universal. Universal has only three. Even if they limited it to the Deluxes, that's 8 resorts, not counting DVC. Too many people.

Also, I agree with proudcanuck, the two tiered system messes too much with the Disney image.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Sat 09, 2011 12:02 am

Let's see, you would have the Stand-by Line where guests would wait until after the Fast Pass Line had priority, but only after the Premium-Paid Fast Pass would have priority over the Fast Pass Line...confusing yet? Maybe we can create another line where guests can wait without any chance of movement (no wait, that's the Disney Complaint Department)... :lol:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Sat 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Remember, they already do have the "uber fast pass" where you pay a decent fee and get to bypass the lines with a tourguide, just like at Universal.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Sep Fri 16, 2011 2:26 am

I've seen this at the Six flags parks as well such as Magic Mountain. Universal LA also does this but it was slightly cheaper in LA than what you have in Orlando. And I think its a rip off especially because the lines aren't THAT bad! besides It should be free and up to the guests to plan accordingly to the ticket system such as DLR does! ( and dont give me any Fast Pass Hater crap! (in this forum anyways :wink:))
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Sun 02, 2011 11:28 am

Charging for fast pass.......HHHmmmmmmmmmm. Lets not get greedy Disney. In this economy, People are looking for deals. :shock:

ntgre
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by ntgre » Oct Wed 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Does anyone think that Fastpass makes it more of a nuisance. Becuase I search for a poll about Fastpass and lots of people voted for that it makes it more annoying.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 05, 2011 7:26 pm

ntgre wrote:Does anyone think that Fastpass makes it more of a nuisance. Becuase I search for a poll about Fastpass and lots of people voted for that it makes it more annoying.
I like the fastpass system. It is free and easy to understand if anyone takes the time to inquire about it. It allows you to experience more attractions while you are waiting for an attraction that you hold a fastpass for. I realize some people complain that the fastpass line backs up the standby line, but I haven't noticed that to be a huge problem on my visits.

ntgre

Post by ntgre » Oct Thu 06, 2011 9:05 am

Why should we pay extra just for Fastpass, the entrance fee to MK is already so expensive!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 06, 2011 11:56 am

ntgre wrote:Why should we pay extra just for Fastpass, the entrance fee to MK is already so expensive!
Exactly! I like the free system too :D but Universal has an express system that people seem willing to shell out extra for :roll:

ntgre

Post by ntgre » Oct Thu 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Amy wrote:
ntgre wrote:Why should we pay extra just for Fastpass, the entrance fee to MK is already so expensive!
Exactly! I like the free system too :D but Universal has an express system that people seem willing to shell out extra for :roll:
Yes, because some people probably want to show off how rich they are (I'm not talking about you guys or anyone in Subsonic).

The best thing is that if you want to dish out extra for Fastpass, you will get priority for in the queue line first.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 06, 2011 5:26 pm

I like that the fastpass system at Disney is free and available to all. After paying for the plane tickets and hotel and park tickets, we don't have a lot left over so we wouldn't be able/willing to fork over more for fastpasses. I hope Disney keeps the free system as it is now. I wouldn't complain if they brought back more single rider lines though. Those are great for someone like me who is traveling with someone who can't ride many of the attractions.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Thu 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Amy wrote:I like that the fastpass system at Disney is free and available to all. After paying for the plane tickets and hotel and park tickets, we don't have a lot left over so we wouldn't be able/willing to fork over more for fastpasses. I hope Disney keeps the free system as it is now. I wouldn't complain if they brought back more single rider lines though. Those are great for someone like me who is traveling with someone who can't ride many of the attractions.
Agreed on single rider, but unfortunately so many guests abuse that system, I'd almost rather not expand it. Or maybe put up limitations on going through single rider. I have too many ideas for that.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:I like that the fastpass system at Disney is free and available to all. After paying for the plane tickets and hotel and park tickets, we don't have a lot left over so we wouldn't be able/willing to fork over more for fastpasses. I hope Disney keeps the free system as it is now. I wouldn't complain if they brought back more single rider lines though. Those are great for someone like me who is traveling with someone who can't ride many of the attractions.
Agreed on single rider, but unfortunately so many guests abuse that system, I'd almost rather not expand it. Or maybe put up limitations on going through single rider. I have too many ideas for that.
I know it seems like they would figure out when there are about 8-10 people obviously together :roll: that they could say something but I understand them not trying to ruffle feathers. The sad thing is when I inquire about a single rider line at many attractions (not knowing whether or not they have them after having been away, and sometimes the maps don't depict the single rider access properly) the cast members usually lament about how much they wish it was available so they could load more efficiently....