Charging for Fast passes

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Charging for Fast passes

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 07, 2011 4:02 pm

They really don't care though since the single rider pool is just to fill in open spaces in the cars, plus they are (I would imagine) encouraged to have full cars rather than open spaces.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:They really don't care though since the single rider pool is just to fill in open spaces in the cars, plus they are (I would imagine) encouraged to have full cars rather than open spaces.
But it's getting to the point where people are treating the single rider line like a "fast pass" standby line. I waited almost an hour in the single rider line tonight for rock n roller coaster :( by the time I figured out how backed up it was, I was in too deep to retreat. I was the only apparent single rider in my vicinity with others obviously in larger groups...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Tue 22, 2011 10:24 pm

You are also there on, going by DLR's crowd estimates, a busy time. So the lines are probably going to be maxed out regardless.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 22, 2011 10:34 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:You are also there on, going by DLR's crowd estimates, a busy time. So the lines are probably going to be maxed out regardless.
Oh my yes, it's been busy, but that doesn't explain groups of 5 or 8 people in the "single" rider line :roll:

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cinderella75 » Jan Sun 01, 2012 10:15 pm

I think that is outrages if they charge for fast passes. Why cant people go to the machine to get fast passes?? Why buy them?? That is called lazy. Also, what about families who are lucky to just barely make it to WDW. So poor families have to wait in line forever and the rich just walk up to the line. I dont know but to me that is called discrimination.
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jan Sun 08, 2012 10:01 am

To start I will never pay for a fast pass, my family and I will just do the park opening "dash" to get to the good rides!
If people are abusing single rider lines, make the single rides where a braclet or something to designate who they are, that would help keep those groups from cutting in the line! :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 08, 2012 10:33 am

DaRkNeSs wrote:To start I will never pay for a fast pass, my family and I will just do the park opening "dash" to get to the good rides!
If people are abusing single rider lines, make the single rides where a braclet or something to designate who they are, that would help keep those groups from cutting in the line! :donald:
Interesting thought, but there would be nothing to prevent a group of people from all getting bracelets :(

DaRkNeSs

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jan Mon 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Nothing will keep people from trying to cheat the system in some way, but from what I have noticed about most people like that is if you make the process of single riding a little bit more then just walking into the line, I bet it will stop most of them if there is another simple step involved. Just an idea :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 09, 2012 10:17 pm

DaRkNeSs wrote:Nothing will keep people from trying to cheat the system in some way, but from what I have noticed about most people like that is if you make the process of single riding a little bit more then just walking into the line, I bet it will stop most of them if there is another simple step involved. Just an idea :donald:
True. I would be willing to take the extra step since I am indeed a single rider on a lot of the attractions! But you're right, a lot of people wouldn't bother...

cinderella75

Post by cinderella75 » Jan Thu 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Amy wrote:
DaRkNeSs wrote:Nothing will keep people from trying to cheat the system in some way, but from what I have noticed about most people like that is if you make the process of single riding a little bit more then just walking into the line, I bet it will stop most of them if there is another simple step involved. Just an idea :donald:
True. I would be willing to take the extra step since I am indeed a single rider on a lot of the attractions! But you're right, a lot of people wouldn't bother...
Its just sad that there has to be soooo many rules because of some bad apples :( :mickey:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Thu 12, 2012 9:25 pm

I know we keep saying how they are "Cheating" the system, but they aren't. The goal of the single rider lines are not to let people who are alone get through the lines faster but rather to send out full cars. They may not have too much of an issue with the groups doing it since it meets the goal.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I know we keep saying how they are "Cheating" the system, but they aren't. The goal of the single rider lines are not to let people who are alone get through the lines faster but rather to send out full cars. They may not have too much of an issue with the groups doing it since it meets the goal.
I think if the single rider line simply becomes another standby line Disney wouldn't like it. In fact, I'm pretty sure that is why they took the single rider line away from Indy Jones out in DL. That was a sad day indeed :(

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sat 14, 2012 5:37 pm

They didn't do that, you can still get the passes.

Disney really doesn't care either way if you wait an hour in single rider since it doesn't cost an extra staffer and it sends out full cars.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:They didn't do that, you can still get the passes.

Disney really doesn't care either way if you wait an hour in single rider since it doesn't cost an extra staffer and it sends out full cars.
You can get a fast pass right? But there isn't a single rider line anymore is there?
Disney might not care about the single rider line consisting of single riders, but I'd say from the CM's reactions, they don't like it when there are groups in the single rider line...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sun 15, 2012 1:09 am

Don't make me whip out the youtube video from SNL...

The single rider is still there, and the signs are still there for it as well.

Also, since a disney park worker is innerchangable, the company doesn't really have to care what the workers think as long as it doesn't violate the law. They may not like having to say "Sorry, but your group will be broken up" but at the same time they are also banned from questioning if someone truly is a single rider.