Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Oct Thu 09, 2008 6:14 pm

=[ that makes me sad...times square is annoying

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Oct Fri 10, 2008 6:25 am

We still have a Disney Store in our local mall and every now and then I go there just to get my fix. I just love the feeling when you walk in that store...not the same as others for sure!
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Fri 10, 2008 2:23 pm

I was in New York in July and I only got to pass by the World of Disney by taxi. Now I regret not getting a chance to explore the inside.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Wed 31, 2008 12:19 am

Just came back from a day in NYC. IMHO this is the best day to take a trip to the city since you see Times Square getting all set up for the New Year and of course the tree in Rockefeller Center.

So what would a trip to midtown be without a stop at my favorite store. There was a great sale 25% off a purchase of $50 or more. Went up to the second floor and my jaw dropped. This year there is not 1 but 2 new monorail colors.... Silver and Orange. Needless to say, purchased both, got 25% off and shipped them home since the shipping charge was cheaper than the sales tax. They have a lot of the theme park holiday items and it is on sale so if you are around the city I would strongly recommend going!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

husky
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by husky » Feb Mon 23, 2009 10:42 am

I always stay at the hotel Pennsylvania, so a store in Times Square would be really a nice change. Don't know where they would go though.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Feb Mon 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Mupsy90 wrote:=[ that makes me sad...times square is annoying
I'm a native New Yorker who loves what they've done to Time Square! Why do you find it annoying?

I never been to World of Disney in the city, but my nephew is a part time CM there. He thinks it's great!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

PureDisney
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by PureDisney » Jul Thu 23, 2009 9:41 am

Do we have an new information on what's happening with the World of Disney store? When I go to New York (not often ) I always stop there.

Clusty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Clusty » Jul Sat 25, 2009 11:53 pm

I've never been to the World of Disney in NYC, but I've always wanted to. There used to be a Disney Store in our local mall. However, it closed a long time ago.. I wish it hadn't. :(

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Sun 26, 2009 2:11 am

Clusty wrote:I've never been to the World of Disney in NYC, but I've always wanted to. There used to be a Disney Store in our local mall. However, it closed a long time ago.. I wish it hadn't. :(
World of Disney NYC is way beyond any mall Disney Store. The World of Disney actually has some exclusive merchandise that I saw in the parks and they carry all theme park merchandise. I would say that the entire store is like a smaller version of the World of Disney in WDW. However, I sometimes wonder how strict the Disney training is there. I'll explain this later.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Jul Sun 26, 2009 3:41 am

Although I live within 30 miles of NYC, I have not been to world of Disney. maybe it's just habit to stay off of 42'd st.

Clusty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Clusty » Jul Sun 26, 2009 9:42 am

Len90 wrote:
Clusty wrote:I've never been to the World of Disney in NYC, but I've always wanted to. There used to be a Disney Store in our local mall. However, it closed a long time ago.. I wish it hadn't. :(
World of Disney NYC is way beyond any mall Disney Store. The World of Disney actually has some exclusive merchandise that I saw in the parks and they carry all theme park merchandise. I would say that the entire store is like a smaller version of the World of Disney in WDW. However, I sometimes wonder how strict the Disney training is there. I'll explain this later.
Yeah, I know they're completely different things. But the Disney store in my mall was much closer than the World of Disney in NYC or WDW.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Mon 27, 2009 12:37 am

metsofny wrote:Although I live within 30 miles of NYC, I have not been to world of Disney. maybe it's just habit to stay off of 42'd st.
It's on 55th street and 5th ave... far enough away from 42'd street.
- Len90

PureDisney

Post by PureDisney » Jul Mon 27, 2009 9:50 am

I've only been to the NYC WoD twice, but each time I was treated nicely by the staff. We got there one day at opening and the workers stood outside the store, sang a song and then greated everyone as they entered. It was fun and very unexpected in NYC.

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Aug Fri 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Mupsy90 wrote:=[ that makes me sad...times square is annoying
I'm a native New Yorker who loves what they've done to Time Square! Why do you find it annoying?

I never been to World of Disney in the city, but my nephew is a part time CM there. He thinks it's great!

I'm also a native New Yorker and well I can't stand the large amount of tourists! They walk so slow and block the sidewalks, plus there's always those people trying to get me to come to their comedy show (who won't take a simple 'no' for an answer) and also the people trying to preach to you about their religion. I just have little patience =p

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Sun 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Just went to the store today and found out that they are closing :( Everything in the store is 50% off. The last day for the store is December 31. If you are in the NY metro area, I strongly suggest that you take one last walk through the store.

Rumors say a smaller Disney Store will open in times square. It's the end of the road for this great store.
- Len90