Death on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster in Paris

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Death on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster in Paris

Post by acp » Jun Tue 26, 2007 10:39 am

News reports today saying that a 14 year old Spanish girl died on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Walt Disney Studios Paris yesterday.

No info on the cause yet, but Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is closed until the cause of death is known.

Links:
- Auntie Beeb
- Yahoo!
- Sky
- CNN
- ABC (who are leading with a photo of the castle with jester decorations from 10 years ago...)

This is the first death at the Paris resort as far as I know.

Andy.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Death on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster in Paris

Post by Croaker » Jun Tue 26, 2007 11:37 am

acp wrote:News reports today saying that a 14 year old Spanish girl died on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Walt Disney Studios Paris yesterday.

No info on the cause yet, but Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is closed until the cause of death is known.

Links:
- Auntie Beeb
- Yahoo!
- Sky
- CNN
- ABC (who are leading with a photo of the castle with jester decorations from 10 years ago...)

This is the first death at the Paris resort as far as I know.

Andy.

it is sad but i have been on rock'n rollercoaster and i can't imagine how anyone could get hurt unless its during loading / unloading. it will be interesting to find out what happened...

reminds me of the guy that died on Big Thunder Mountain years ago. at first you think its a malfunction then you find out its someone taking matters into their own hands (as i recall he decided to get out of the stalled train which resulted in his crushing death.) snopes.com has an interesting disney section regarding myths etc.

acp
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Jun Tue 26, 2007 12:02 pm

Judging from the stories on the news sites that she was found to be unconscious at the end of the ride, it sounds more likely that it's a pre-existing condition that was triggered by the effects/forces on the ride..

Andy.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

netslave
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by netslave » Jun Tue 26, 2007 2:03 pm

Judging from the stories on the news sites that she was found to be unconscious at the end of the ride, it sounds more likely that it's a pre-existing condition that was triggered by the effects/forces on the ride..
That's what happened when a kid died on the same ride @ MGM. He had a heart problem before he got on the ride.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/thenetslave/potc.gif[/img] [img]http://www.geocities.com/thenetslave/spaceship-earth2.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.geocities.com/thenetslave/star-tours.gif[/img] [img]http://www.geocities.com/thenetslave/dinosaur.gif[/img]

ldzny
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by ldzny » Jun Tue 26, 2007 3:30 pm

Oh, I hate to hear stuff like this. I'm sad for her family and Friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You hurt your what?" ~ Tow Mater
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Croaker

Post by Croaker » Jun Tue 26, 2007 4:16 pm

my wife ignored all the warnings on mission to mars...they give you those warnings on all of the rides...but she got so sick and they only had one trash can in the hall...she was shoved aside by some guy who was throwing up quicker than her. then she passed out. she was fine....and we got fast pass tickets to test track while she recouperated in the medic station...sweet deal!
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Guy
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Guy » Jul Fri 06, 2007 8:57 am

It's such a shame when something like this happens - Disney will never be the same again for that family - thought and prayers goes out to them.

frantheman76
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by frantheman76 » Sep Wed 26, 2007 3:45 am

I can imagine it was something to do with the G-Forces combined with a heart condition or something similar. It's a shame though - nothing could prepare you for that.
[img]http://mountainrides.arhynes.org/_i/banners/bar/peoplemover.gif[/img]

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Nov Sun 04, 2007 11:58 am

It's terrible when something like this happens. I know there are warnings but sometimes people want to ride so badly they will take the chance. My wife has a medical condition and she will sometimes push herself because she hates to be treated differently or held back. We argue about it a lot. I just wonder if the person had fun before it ended. I know that sounds bad, but I just hope there wasn't any pain.

"The important thing is family. If you can keep the family together-and that's the backbone of our whole business, catering to families-that's what we hope to do."
---Walter Elias Disney

Mandi
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Mandi » Nov Fri 09, 2007 7:44 am

actually the press here says it

she was young and she didn't know she had heart problems... so she didn't care about the warnings...

it happen with a young boy in mission space isn't it? (and that's since they do both different rides...

but if you don't know you have this sort of problems you still do the ride then...

Yensidaj
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Yensidaj » Nov Tue 20, 2007 2:37 pm

Dont they have a tamer version of mission space? one that doesnt put you in the centrifuge? If so that is the one that I would like to experience. I dont have any heart problems at the moment but I am not going to take my chance. It always saddens me when i hear of someone being injured or even killed at the parks.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Tue 20, 2007 4:26 pm

Yensidaj wrote:Dont they have a tamer version of mission space? one that doesnt put you in the centrifuge? If so that is the one that I would like to experience. I dont have any heart problems at the moment but I am not going to take my chance. It always saddens me when i hear of someone being injured or even killed at the parks.
They have a mild version that doesn't pull as many G's. If I were you , I'd try that one.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Tue 20, 2007 7:57 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Yensidaj wrote:Dont they have a tamer version of mission space? one that doesnt put you in the centrifuge? If so that is the one that I would like to experience. I dont have any heart problems at the moment but I am not going to take my chance. It always saddens me when i hear of someone being injured or even killed at the parks.
They have a mild version that doesn't pull as many G's. If I were you , I'd try that one.
the "Mild" version (green team) puts you in the centrifuge, but does not spin you. The only thing it does is rock back and forth.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak