Anyone ever been?

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

Have you ever been to a Disney Theme Park outside the U.S.?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 102

rudekick
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Anyone ever been?

Post by rudekick » Nov Tue 30, 2004 8:01 pm

This forum gets no love...

Has anyone actually BEEN to one of the international parks? I haven't myself, but it'd be great to hear what people think about them to see if it would be worth going to them one day.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Tue 30, 2004 8:46 pm

It's been less than a day, it'll get some love.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Nov Tue 30, 2004 8:54 pm

I want to get to both Tokyo and Paris! They each look great, and don't forget HK DL is opening in 10 months now.

I hear DisneySea is really impressive, unlike anything else they've done. Tokyo is said to be a lot like WDW but with a Japanese touch.

Paris has the new Studios over there, have heard very little about it. And Disneyland Paris is still the number one tourist attraction in France and over most of Europe from what I've heard.

But yeah, if people have reports I'd like to hear them too.

DISNEYman
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DISNEYman » Dec Wed 01, 2004 1:30 am

I went over the summer, and this park blew me away!

The theming was so immense, and the park was just gigantic! Everything was built on such a larger scale and I was very impressed. For instance, their castle was huge and very pretty, their Tommorowland is just awesome, and Adventureland and Frontierland had unbelievable theming. This park is a winner when it comes to theme.

I was also impressed with the attractions. Although you can't beat the classic Pirates of the Caribbean, I was blown away by the improved technology at this park. Also, the facade and the line of the ride were very cool. Phantom Manor was a letdown unfortunately, a grander scale, but the theming didn't have any of the charm that the Haunted Mansion is known for.

I'm going to skip over to Discoveryland now, which was the highlight of this park. If Jules Verne saw this land today, he would probably have convulsions from joy. The structures, buildings, vehicles, and contraptions all seemed to come straight out of a page in his book. Many will probably curse Paul Pressler for trying to re-create this in Disneyland's Tommorowland without the same caliber of Discoveryland.

Moving on, Space Mountain was the centerpiece of this land, and the ride was very fun. Cool soundtrack, a bit bumpy, but not unbearably rough. Now, on to the other coasters and a few more attractions. (Sorry this is so long!)

Big Thunder Mountain? AMAZING! I haven't been on Tokyo's Big Thunder Mountain, but I am going to say this is the best Big Thunder, the ride was just awesome! The ending of the ride really caught me off guard! It was the longest line in the park, and for good reason, the best attraction of the park.

Now, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril: Backwards! This ride had no line, and I was soon to find out why. This ride hurt like no other. My neck and shoulders recieved a beating like no other, and this ride nearly ruined my day. If anyone ever makes it to DLP, I suggest you skip this ride unless you really want to ride it.

It's sad to hear the park have so many financial problems, but I think it is a great park. Fantasyland has this awesome hedgemaze, and they basically have a humongous Tom Sawyer's Island/Swiss Family Robinson/Skull Rock adventure zone, that you have to see to believe. DLP is one amazing park.

Arielisten
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by Arielisten » Dec Sat 04, 2004 9:58 am

I've been twice to DLP, and it's gorgeous! It was before the Walt Disney Studios opened, so I can't tell about them, but I heard they are Disney's worst park ever.

WDS was funded by WDC, and DisneySea by Oriental Land Co. Thus the difference :roll:

And BTW, they turned Indiana Jones back, so it's not backwards anymore.

G2-4T

Post by G2-4T » Dec Sun 05, 2004 11:36 am

I hadn't heard that Indy was reversed, the DLP site still lists it as backwards. Though I sure wouldn't mind having it "normal" - the idea just sounds bad. Forwards I think would cure some of the issues with the rough ride, though some of that probably comes from tracks work and car quality too...

My passport is ready to go - someday I'll get over there!

Arielisten

Post by Arielisten » Dec Sun 05, 2004 4:45 pm

Yep, they reveresed it back. Also checked the DLP site and it doesn't say "Backwards!" anymore.

You can read more information here:
http://www.dlp-guide.com/NewsAndRumours/Rumours.shtml
(There are two articles about it, so after you read the first, scroll down for more information)

G2-4T

Post by G2-4T » Dec Sun 05, 2004 5:02 pm

Thanks for the link - nice to get the latest info from DLP and now I'll actually ride Indy over there!

Their Magic Unlimited idea is interesting, wonder how well it worked for the trial runs. I doubt it was hard to implement, not a lot of people really want to ride endless times! But for us Disney nuts it could be a fun idea

mat444

Post by mat444 » Jan Fri 07, 2005 7:00 am

Hi
First, sorry for my english but I'm a Fench-speaking person and I live in Belgium

So, I've been twice to DLRP (Disneyland Resort Paris, official name).
First time, I've to Hotel Cheyenne for 3 nights / 4 days
Second, to Hotel Santa Fe for 1 night / 2 days
I've also been on some single days.
I can't compare DLRP to other resorts because I've never visited others but if you want informations about the Resort and the Studios (Walt Disney Studios), just ask me

Now, I hope to go to others resorts :)

pgreger

Post by pgreger » Jan Fri 07, 2005 5:33 pm

Hello mat444 and thank you for posting!!!! It's always nice to hear from Disney fans around the world. Thanks for joining!

G2-4T

Post by G2-4T » Jan Sat 08, 2005 5:08 pm

Welcome! So how is the new Studios park? Word has it that it is pretty small and lacking attractions [sort of like the early days of MGM in WDW it sounds like]. Anyway, curious for a firsthand reaction...

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Jan Sat 08, 2005 5:56 pm

Haven't been although I would like to go to DLP. It seems to be a great park and it doesn't require a 12+ hour plane ride.
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

acp
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Re: Anyone ever been?

Post by acp » Jan Mon 17, 2005 11:50 am

rudekick wrote:This forum gets no love...

Has anyone actually BEEN to one of the international parks? I haven't myself, but it'd be great to hear what people think about them to see if it would be worth going to them one day.
Yes, I've been to Paris twice (once in 2001 and once in 2004), it's a very nice place to be.. the Studios park doesn't seem to have much in it yet though, but there are plans for a ToT there in the next few years...

mickster68
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Tokyo Disneyland

Post by mickster68 » Feb Mon 14, 2005 2:50 pm

I had the pleasure of visiting Tokyo Disneyland back in 1989 while visiting family in Japan. I was really impressed, and had a great time comparing the Tokyo versions of the rides and attractions to their American counter-parts--most were identical, but there were a few different attractions and shows I thoroughly enjoyed, too. It was pretty cool being in a totally unfamiliar place, but taking in all of my old faves from WDW:) One day we shall return. Would love to see DisneySea--my uncle has visited several times and LOVES the place.
***Tami

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8963/userbar529325pw1.gif[/img][/url]

Come say helloo! www.myspace.com/gotdisney