Anyone ever been?

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

Have you ever been to a Disney Theme Park outside the U.S.?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 102

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Sun 22, 2005 11:30 am

I would love to visit ALL the Disney parks before I get too old to get around. I guess I had betetr get busy as I have only been to WDW. I am working on getting to DL this coming year.

william_tropico

Post by william_tropico » Jun Fri 03, 2005 11:15 am

I have been to Disneyland Paris And Walt Disney World, hoever have never been to California.
Love to go beacuse the music sounds great!

I recommend that you go to the Paris disney land. Great fun in the parks
at the day, and good fun at night in the market place.

AlexLoup
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by AlexLoup » Jun Fri 03, 2005 12:35 pm

I have everything ready to go to Tokyo... my cousin is wanting me to come so she's willing to pay for alot. But the problem is she wants me to learn Japanese so I don't look stupid if we get seprated.
I've gone full circle on my avatars.

rdjw

Disneyland Paris -Has anyone been?

Post by rdjw » Jul Wed 20, 2005 6:15 am

As it's the closest to me I've been to Disneyland Paris about 4 times over the past three years. The first visit was OK but I must admit by the end of the day I was fed up with music coming out of speakers in the gardens and the happiness of the Americanised French Disney workers. My little boy, then aged 4, enjoyed himself even though he was so tired by the end of the day.

Three days later we went back again and what a difference! Because I'd experienced it once and knew what to expect my attitude was totally different! I loved it and was sad when it was time to leave. My big regret was that I hadn't bought the CD available of the music they played through those speakers in the gardens! Soon rectified the following year!

Sadly, this Summer holiday (which starts tomorrow), we aren't going over so I'm glad that Subsonic does give me a sense of being there. Thank goodness I work from home so can listen more than if I didn't!

We haven't stayed on site yet, being put off by cost, but have rather found a gite and/or hotel within easy driving distance. My top tip is not to use the Disney car parks but rather drive into the one at the Marne la Vallee railway station. Its literally next door to the entrance and is quite inexpensive - plus you can then pop into Paris by Metro if you want.

rick2vick

Post by rick2vick » Jul Wed 20, 2005 8:12 am

My only visit to Paris was over 20 years ago, and I don't anticipate returning any time soon. I can't say that I have any great desire to visit Tokyo. However, if anything could get me there, it would be Disney Sea, but I don't see that being in my budget any time soon. They could save me some money if they would just build a Disney Sea at WDW.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jul Fri 22, 2005 12:28 pm

I really want to go to Tokyo... especially DisneySea... but my girlfriend has no interest in visiting Japan whatsoever. I think she's heard about how crowded Tokyo is and doesn't want to deal.

She, on the other hand, really wants to see Disneyland Paris some day. I could do that.
~Steve

COOOOLkid

Post by COOOOLkid » Aug Mon 08, 2005 12:08 am

TDL and TDS focuses on show-entertainments, not just the rides. (the rides are superior there, too!) I wish more parks would focus on entertainment... I mean seriously, they even have a parade on Sea!

jice
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by jice » Aug Tue 16, 2005 9:50 am

I live in Paris ;) so i've only gone to Disneyland paris.
But i'd like to see walt disney world

disneyinfopage
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by disneyinfopage » Oct Thu 13, 2005 7:09 pm

I've been to Tokyo DL... I was there in May 2001, so it was just about 1 month before DisneySea opened (bummer... I missed it). It was basically a Magic Kingdom (similar to WDW in Orlando), but the "hub" where the castle is, is MUCH more open. The Japanese really love a parade... they lined up (with blankets to stake out their spot... similar to what we do at beaches over here) at least 3 hours early!

They didn't have the Carosel of Progress, but they had an attraction called Welcome to the World (or something like that) where they discussed Japanese history. The last row had "telephones" with English narration. I really hoped that Small World would be sung in "mostly Japanese", but alas, it was the same English version. Haunted Mansion is in Fantasyland (just didn't fit, in my opinion).

The thing I loved the MOST about Tokyo DL was the shopping! They had wicked awesome stuff for sale! And you could get a "happy meal" for lunch in a very cool plastic lunch box (which I still have).... I wish you could buy that stuff over here, but you just can't get the same stuff they offered.

They were extremely nice over there... it was a wonderful experience. Given the opportunity, I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Judy °o°

ezekielsgirl13
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by ezekielsgirl13 » Oct Sun 16, 2005 5:03 pm

I've been lucky...I grew up in Tokyo and thus have been to Tokyo Disneyland at least twice a year for the time I lived there (14 years) and Tokyo DisneySea around 4-5 times. The Tokyo Disney Resort is truly amazing and I would recommend them to anyone...just a warning though, the resort yields more traffic than any theme park in the world! :o

Adrienmick

Post by Adrienmick » Oct Sun 30, 2005 5:41 pm

I went to WDW 2 times, the last one were on the past July.
I visits Disneyland Paris one time a month :) (because I live in Paris ...)

WDW is really cool, but our Disneyland Park is more recent, so more "quality" ?
But Us others parks are really-really good !

Adrien

Blue Fairy
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Blue Fairy » Nov Wed 02, 2005 5:41 am

Well, it's easier for me to visit the Disneyland Paris, since I live about 200 miles from there... :D Although WDW remains my all-time favorite destination (I have visited Annaheim as well), DRP is a great place, though much smaller... but it'll eventually grow. When I was there last August, I enjoyed the fact that there were no queues and we could jump twice or three times on the same attractions without having the trouble to wait. :P I REALLY enjoyed the Space Mountain Mission 2 ride. It was out of this world! :lol: I like it rough and I surely was satisfied by the thrill! :D I haven't been to the Studios yet, because I imagine it must be very similar to WDW MGM Studios in Orlando... I don't know. Maybe others who habe been to both locations can tell... :wink:

CA Screamin Dude
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by CA Screamin Dude » Dec Fri 16, 2005 7:46 am

No! I haven't yet had a chance to go to Paris nor Tokyo. I want to though. Hopefully in a few years...
Administrator, [url=http://www.visionsfantastic.com/]Visions Fantastic[/url], www.visionsfantastic.com.
[url=http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/][img]http://www.visionsfantastic.com/CASD/CASD-vfmediabar.gif[/img][/url]

Miss Leota
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by Miss Leota » Dec Mon 19, 2005 12:56 pm

of course yes because I live near Disneyland Paris. I really want to go to the US Parks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Des douze coups de minuit, aux matines sonnantes, nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante...

Madame Leota -Phantom Manor - Disneyland Resort Paris

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Dec Tue 20, 2005 7:21 pm

I've been to WDW numerous times, and I'm working on getting to Disneyland Anaheim within the next year. I'd really like to see DLP. It looks completely different from any of the other parks