Best Disney Park around the world

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

Which is the best Disney Park outside of the United States?

Disneyland Paris (Eurodisney)
23%
Disney Tokyo (Disney Seas)
20%
Disney Hong Kong
2%
never been to any park outside us, so no opinion
54%

Total votes: 81

skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by skipper » Jul Wed 12, 2006 9:32 pm

I had to put never been. Alough we have talked about going to Disneyland Paris in the future.

wdwfaninjapan
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by wdwfaninjapan » Aug Thu 17, 2006 8:35 am

After having been to 9 of the 11 theme parks around the world, Tokyo DisneySea should be on everyone's "Place to go before I die" list it is just that good. I love the original DL, WDW is my true home, but I can't get enough of TDS and how well the entire Tokyo resort is done. :mickey:

orangemouse

Post by orangemouse » Sep Fri 01, 2006 12:36 pm

Disneyland Paris Is Definately The Best :mickey:

jbvenn
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by jbvenn » Sep Fri 01, 2006 7:35 pm

knedeau wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:I voted for "never been" 'cause I've never been to any besides WDW,
Me too...If I were to go to one outside the US... it would be the Paris one. Since I love Paris Anyway.
I'd love to go to Disney Paris too. When we were there last year it was tempting, but we decided to put it off for a future trip (just another excuse to go back!).

I love hearing Paris tracks on Subsonic, especially the Phantom Manor tracks with Vincent Price narrating. He's awesome! Do they still use that version? I thought I read somewhere that the narration was updated.
"Hey, you goldbricks, this ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are, Disney World?" -- General Knowledge

[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/epcot2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/port-orleans-2.gif[/img]

soupsoupgirl

Post by soupsoupgirl » Sep Wed 06, 2006 3:58 pm

DLP is great and their version of BTMRR blows aways the DL and WDW versions! I love how all cast members speak more then one language and all attractions have option for multiple lanuages. For anyone thinking of visiting, I highly reccommend it!

chiphumo
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by chiphumo » Sep Fri 08, 2006 10:23 pm

Tokyo DisneySea!! :D :D

U016292

Post by U016292 » Mar Fri 30, 2007 12:28 pm

I love Disneyland Resort Paris!
And I also thinks it's a lot better then the others because of the newer and more detailled attractions.

-Like Phantom Manor, excellent music and a magnificent ride!
You can also see that it's newer then the other Haunted Mansions in other Disneyparks: No vandalism, nothing is weared off (except the things which needs to be weared off :lol: ),...

-And Big Thunder Mountain; those trains are looking very real and don't have that plastic-look like the other BTM's in other Disneyparks. It also has a nice and smooth ride.

-And ofcourse: Space Mountain Mission 2!! A big difference between the other Space Mountain's, and another theme too. And it's a magnificent theme!! The launch from the canon, Columbiad, from 0 to 70 Kmph (or from 0 to 44 Mph) in less then 2 seconds on an angle of 33°, the feeling is just indescribible!!!!! And the blazing speed with those inversions and meteorites, stars, planets,... around you is incredible! :D
And the music gives you a big adrenaline boost which fits perfectly with the ride. It must be the best rollercoaster of all the Disneyparks around the world! I really advise you to ride Space Mountain Mission 2 when you're in Disneyland Paris.

(Oh, by the way, many people who have ridden Space Mountain 1 and 2 said it shaked awfull. But that's wrong, don't believe them! After some years, the first Space Mountain in Paris shaked indeed. But now in Space Mountain Mission 2, they've adjusted the trains and the track to make it smooth. I've ridden SMM2 in the summer of 2005 (3 months after it's opening) and now it's as smooth as it gets! So don't believe those posts anymore of the shaking Space Mountain.

Pfew... :lol:
So that's my opinion

blinkereye123

Post by blinkereye123 » Aug Sun 26, 2007 12:04 am

Hi folks. I know I"m probably repeating myself here but I have to say again that both DisneylandParis and Tokyo DisneySeas are, in my humble opinion, thee 2 best international parks in the whole Disney kingdom. As far as DLP goes there is just so much to take in in terms of detail and design; you really get the feeling that this is exactly the way ALL Disney MKs should be if done with enough creativity and resources. The rides, although familiar, are done with greater emphasis on story and emotion as well as chills and thrills. Also, there's that certain idea of wanting things to be kept as pristine and intact as possible so you're not afraid to show a little moe respect when need be. When it comes to TDS these ideas are also at the forefront and it actually gives people more incentive to appreciate the ideas and originality that is put into the park on a regular basis. Kudos the individual countries, and partners, that have kept Walt's dreams alive and done the right way. Until later, peace.

Hypermommy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Hypermommy » Aug Mon 27, 2007 8:14 am

I haven't been able to go to any of the nonUS parks, but if I ever do it'll be DLP becuase I'd also LOVE to see Paris and the rest of Europe.
[color=purple][size=117][b]Hypermommy[/b][/size][/color]

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Aug Mon 27, 2007 8:25 am

I'd have to say Paris, since it's the only one I've been to other than WDW. Paris does have by far a better Space Mountain than WDW, too :)

Andy.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

xinho

Post by xinho » Aug Tue 28, 2007 10:08 am

My vote is Disneyland Resort Paris.

I never been to Tokyo Disney Resort, but comparing them I have determined by this.
Hong Kong can't compete in these moments with none of the other.

· Disneyland Paris VS Tokyo Disneyland

In my opinion, the french Magic Kingdom is better than WDW Magic Kingdom. If it surpasses to that park, surpasses without doubt to Tokyo Disneyland. Sure.

· Walt Disney Studios VS Tokyo Disney Sea
I have seen photos of Disney Sea and it looks great. It's a fantastic park. Reason enough to visit Tokyo.
Walt Disney Studios is small and doesn't offer anything different from what you see in MGM Studios, a lot more prepared and pretty.
Tokyo Disney Sea win!

· Resort Paris VS Resort Tokyo.

The hotels of the french resort are set very well, while the japanese seem not to be it. Besides, all is found very close. The zone of recreation, Disney Village, is between the hotels and the parks, not having that to lose time in transportation.

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Aug Tue 28, 2007 11:45 am

xinho wrote:Hong Kong can't compete in these moments with none of the other.
And I agree completely with you on this, but of course when HK is done it may actually prove to be pretty good in and of itself. I just mean to say that maybe when it is done it will be one of the better ones.
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

xinho

Post by xinho » Sep Sun 02, 2007 5:52 am

Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:... when HK is done it may actually prove to be pretty good in and of itself. I just mean to say that maybe when it is done it will be one of the better ones.
Sure!! :wink:

As is the newest one, this park should have the best of all the others, improving the errors, and adding everything that the others couldn't have in their moment.

We will have a comparable park to the others with the time, although for now is the smallest one of the five existing, and its offering isn't sufficient interesting as decide you to trip explicitly to it.

The future will decide ...

acp
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Sep Sun 02, 2007 9:30 am

HKDL has a lot of potential. Looking at the park guide I have for HKDL from just after it opened, there's actually not an awful lot of attractions there at the moment. I know they're currently in the process of adding some of the attractions for phase 2 of the resort (including Small World), but the resort is missing a lot of the "classic" attractions. Notably, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain etc are all missing as is the entirety of Frontierland. Once they've finished building all the attractions, it has the potential to be a nice park :)

I do like their "Mickey's Waterworks Parade" though - arming all the characters with water guns to shoot at the crowds!

I don't understand why they copied DLR's castle for it though. I mean, it's tiny! :)

Andy. Still thinks DLRP's castle is the bestest.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Thitiaser
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Thitiaser » Sep Sun 09, 2007 7:51 am

I voted for Disneyland Resort Paris... but it's the only Disney Park that I know because I live near Paris :D ( that explain my bad english ^^ )
I go to DLRP about twice a month and it's always a great adventure :) ( ...I love the new parade : The Disney Once Upon a Dream Parade .... and my favourite attraction is Big Thunder Mountain :D )