Disney Cruise - unlock the secret

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

Mickeymac

Disney Cruise - unlock the secret

Post by Mickeymac » Mar Sat 11, 2006 2:11 pm

The secret of where the Disney Magic will be headed will break on 3/21 - search here for clues:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/e ... yAtSeaPage

You can also keep up on Mousesavers.com for more information as well!

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Mar Sun 12, 2006 11:05 pm

my guess is it's an alaskan cruise. The coordinates listed in the newspaper article on the site point to Sitka bay in the Gulf of Alaska, according to google maps. And, it seems like the most logical choice as they've already done the caribbean cruises for a while now...

click here to get to Google Maps, and then enter 57° 03'N, 135° 15'W in the search box.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Mickeymac

Post by Mickeymac » Mar Mon 13, 2006 11:03 am

The Alaskan one was a strange one to toss out. The coordinates the days before were for Castaway Cay, then somewhere in NY/NJ area. The Morse code is for something along the lines of the queen liking pie (baked alaska someone else suggested) and the medallions are available at the Vatican. Add to this a French newspaper published an article about signing a contract for summer 2007 with the Disney cruise line. I have also heard rumors that several ports in Alaska were in discussion with them.

My son is convinced that the rumored 3rd ship will be announced, once going up the West Coast, and one crossing over to the med. Those monkeys certainly look Gibraltarian... LOL!

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Mar Mon 13, 2006 3:23 pm

Maybe it's gonna be "cruise everybody of water on earth" :lol:

js3901

Post by js3901 » Mar Thu 23, 2006 10:42 am

ok, as per the several threads already started here, we all know by now that they're doing med cruises. But, I think they need to check on their coordinates that they put in the "news articles" on the website. They're all over the map... literally. at least according to google maps. here's the run down of all the coordinates and where they are according to GM:

March 8 — 26° 5'N, 77° 32'W - Carribbean, around Castaway Cay
March 10 — 57° 03'N, 135° 15'W - Sitka Bay, Alaska
March 13 — 52° 22'N, 4° 53'E - The Netherlands, somwhere between the English Channel and the North Sea
March 15 — 21° 18'N, 157° 50'W - Honolulu, corner of Bingham st and Punahlou St
March 17 — 48° 48'N, 2° 20'E - France, inland, near Paris
March 20 — 22° 20'N, 114° 11'E - Hong Kong

Now, before anyone says it, I know that Google Maps can;t be trusted 100%. But, it's still a start. I'd need a little more time to plot out the course, as I'm not a cartographer.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Mickeymac

Post by Mickeymac » Mar Thu 23, 2006 1:10 pm

The way I read it, the coordinates in the newspapers were supposed to be red herrings. Supposedly there were coordinates in the morse code, but I don't know how to track that.

I love the coordinate in Honalulu... LOL!

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Mar Thu 23, 2006 3:13 pm

I would ask my Dad but he failed morse code in the Navy. :lol: And I would try but I can't make it go slower.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Mar Thu 23, 2006 10:30 pm

Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:I would ask my Dad but he failed morse code in the Navy. :lol: And I would try but I can't make it go slower.
the morse code is actually not just the sounds, it's also listed in the news articles, right underneath the content. I'm going to try and translate some of that, as soon as I can find my morse cheat sheet...

Site Admin, WDW Freak

js3901

Post by js3901 » Mar Fri 24, 2006 12:00 am

ok, here's what the morse code says, first the codes (listed in the articles), then the translation (as per my boyscout handbook morse code section):

- .... . / --.- ..- . . -. / .--- ..- ... - / .-.. --- ...- . ... / - .... . / .--. .. . .-.-.-
(The queen just loves the pie break )

-- .- --. .. -.-. / .- .-- .- .. - ... .-.-.- / .... --- - / .-.. .- ...- .- / .... .- ... / --. --- -. . / - --- / - .... . / -... .. .-. -.. ... .-.-.-
(Magic awaits hot lava has gone to the birds break )

. -. .--- --- -.-- .. -. --. / - .... . / .--. .. --. . --- -. ... / .- -. -.. / - .... . / . -- -... .-. .- -.-. . .-.-.-
(Enjoying the pigeons and the embrace break )

.-.. --- -.-. -.- . -.. / .. -. / .-- .. - .... / - .... . / -.-. --- ..- -. - .-.-.-
(Locked in with the Count break )

--- ..- .-. / -- --- -. -.- . -.-- ... / .- .-. . / -. --- - / .- .--. . ... .-.-.-
(Our monkeys are not apes break )

.-- .- .-.. -.- .. -. --. / ..- -. -.. . .-. -. . .- - .... / - .... . / ..-. .-. . . / - --- .-- -. .-.-.-
(Walking underneath the free town break )

I think the morse is a red herring like the coordinates. I don't think anyone was meant to solve it before they announced it. If someone else has a different translation (I could be off), let me know

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Dr. Ravenscroft

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Mar Fri 24, 2006 10:41 am

The morse that is being tapped out is different than the ones in the paper.

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Mar Fri 24, 2006 2:52 pm

Those are some pretty odd sentences. They seem barely like clues
"The queen just loves the pie" :lol:

Dr. Ravenscroft

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Mar Fri 24, 2006 6:32 pm

Well it may be a clue anyway. I mean what is the queens favorite type of pie, where did it originate.

Enjoying the pigeons one could mean the pigeons around the large squares in Rome.

The lava one may have something to do with Pompe.

Locked in with the Count is a good reference to the Count of Monte Cristo.

The monkeys are obviously the ones at the rock of Gibralter.

I have no idea about the walking underneath the free town is all about.