What's your(s) impression(s) of Disneyland Resort Paris

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

marcdijon
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by marcdijon » Feb Sat 16, 2008 6:39 am

much much smaller than wdw

less expensive, but with the euro/dollar rate, maybe it's more expensive for americans...

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Re: Disneyland Paris

Post by acp » Feb Sun 24, 2008 5:58 am

sag746 wrote:My wife and I are going to Europe this summer (Rome, Florence and Paris). Is it worth my while to visit Disneyland Paris. The web site looks interesting. Is it very expensive or comparable to DisneyWorld.
Thanks

Steve
Personally, I think Paris' Disneyland Park is much prettier than WDW's. The park is also the largest of the MK style parks around the world.

The Studios park is very small (I think it's the smallest Disney park of the 11), but has some good and unique attractions (Cinemagique, Animagique). You're more likely to spend more time in Disneyland Park though, as that's where most of the attractions are. The usual suspects are there (Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, etc), and some are there in different forms (Space Mountain in Paris is a vastly different style to the other resorts and has a launch start, loops, etc. Big Thunder has the uniqueness in that it's on an island in the middle of the Rivers of America with seemingly no way to cross the water to it. It also has a couple of unique attractions, Alice's Curious Labyrinth, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril, etc. Oh, and there's a rather large dragon under the castle, too.

Cost wise, it's the usual Disney fare. The prices so appear to have gone up slightly with the 15th anniversary stuff that's going on, but it's not over-expensive as such. However, it really depends where you're from as to whether it's expensive or not (from here in the UK it's not too bad, but from US to Europe it might seem more expensive due to the exchange rate, etc.)

Is it worth going? I'd say so, but then I would. It really depends on what you consider is worth it.

Andy.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

marcdijon

Post by marcdijon » Feb Sun 24, 2008 10:31 am

and you should consider the fact that the Disney Studios now have 4 new attractions : Cars, Crush's coaster, the tower of terror, and Stitch's live...which makes the studios a bigger park now

in Disneyland park i especially love frontierland and fantasyland (which i think is much prettier than the one in wdw) but i miss some attractions : Mickey's Philharmagic, Splash Mountain...

and of course, no Epcot and no AK....

sag746
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by sag746 » Feb Mon 25, 2008 6:49 am

Thank you for the up to date information
Hope you have a great day

marcdijon

Post by marcdijon » Feb Mon 25, 2008 11:49 am

cars and crush have opened last june
the tower of terror has opened in december
stitch's live will open in march, i'll tell you about it

some people are talking about soarin' at the walt disney studios....but that's just rumors (if only it were true.....)

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Feb Wed 27, 2008 7:12 pm

I've seen pictures of Crush (thanks acp), but what is the Cars ride like? Is Stitch Live something like Turtle Talk with Crush?

Is there anything to the rumor that Stitch is taking over the Paris Tiki Room? I'm not sure if I like the idea, much as I love Stitch.
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

acp

Post by acp » Feb Thu 28, 2008 5:44 am

Esmeralda wrote:I've seen pictures of Crush (thanks acp), but what is the Cars ride like? Is Stitch Live something like Turtle Talk with Crush?

Is there anything to the rumor that Stitch is taking over the Paris Tiki Room? I'm not sure if I like the idea, much as I love Stitch.
Oddly, I didn't take many photos of Cars Race Rally. Here's the one I have:
http://gallery.andrewpoole.org.uk/displ ... =74&pos=11

It's a spinny ride. the platform the cars are on spins, and they move about which wheel they're spinning on, if you see what I mean. I believe there's a similar attraction at DCA.

Paris hasn't got a Tiki Room, so Stitch'd have a hard job taking over it :)

Stitch is however taking over what used to be the Disney Channel Studios in an attraction called Stitch Live, which as you say is similar to Turtle Talk, only with Stitch..

Andy.

marcdijon

Post by marcdijon » Feb Thu 28, 2008 8:56 am

they should have made a mix of stith talk and something funny like the comedy floor, with stitch as a host

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » Feb Thu 28, 2008 9:28 am

My impression is that its on my list of Disney parks to visit!!! It's Disney! In Paris!! How could that NOT be exciting?

acp

Post by acp » Feb Thu 28, 2008 5:33 pm

marcdijon wrote:they should have made a mix of stith talk and something funny like the comedy floor, with stitch as a host
I'm more interested in how they're going to solve the language problem with this. Separate English and French shows? But then what about German, Spanish and Italian? This is a problem they have a lot at DLRP when creating new attractions.
Calypso wrote:My impression is that its on my list of Disney parks to visit!!! It's Disney! In Paris!! How could that NOT be exciting?
That's the spirit! :)

I've only been to the centre of Paris once, as a side trip from DLRP, but DLRP is definitely worth doing if you're in Paris and have the time. Although for me it's usually been that Paris is worth a quick visit if you have time whilst at DLRP ;)

Andy.

marcdijon

Post by marcdijon » Feb Fri 29, 2008 11:03 am

yes it will be interesting to see how they solve the language problem....if they solve it...
usually they solve it by removing the talks.....well that would be bothering in a talking attraction....
in the candleabration though, almost everything is in english, which i think is not such a good idea.....the large majority of visitors remain french....so french children should be able to understand what mickey says....usually it's more a medley of french and english....

Guy

Post by Guy » Mar Sat 01, 2008 5:54 am

We did a school trip to DLP a couple of years ago and had great fun. The only problem was the weather. All of the water features looked very interesting frozen solid! I still don't understand why they chose to build the park near Paris (which basically has the same bad weather as if it were in London - and that is saying something). Why didn't they build it in the south of France?

Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda » Mar Sat 01, 2008 10:23 am

acp wrote: Oddly, I didn't take many photos of Cars Race Rally. Here's the one I have:

It's a spinny ride. the platform the cars are on spins, and they move about which wheel they're spinning on, if you see what I mean. I believe there's a similar attraction at DCA.

Thanks for the picture! Is it something like the Teacups then?

I'm glad the rumor I heard was off-base, maybe it was for Toyko, which would be a totally different topic.

Can't wait till I can afford and have anough time off to go to Disneyland Paris!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

acp

Post by acp » Mar Sat 01, 2008 1:03 pm

Esmeralda wrote:
acp wrote: Oddly, I didn't take many photos of Cars Race Rally. Here's the one I have:

Thanks for the picture! Is it something like the Teacups then?
That sort of thing, yes, except you can't control the spinnyness of your car. There's two sets of two turntables. Your car switches which turntable it goes round every now and then. Your car also comes scarily close to other cars as you go around! As in.. a matter of inches between the bumper of your car and the bumper of another one..
I'm glad the rumor I heard was off-base, maybe it was for Toyko, which would be a totally different topic.
That's possible. Tokyo does have a Tiki Room.

Andy.

DDDoherty
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by DDDoherty » Apr Sun 27, 2008 11:43 am

We've been to Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disneyland Paris each a number of times in the last 8 years. We like Walt Disney World the most because of the quality of food, and the quantity/variety of entertainment of all forms plus the overall attention to detail.

We were very surprised and disappointed with the quality of food at Disney Paris. Add to that prices greater than WDW signature restaurants with inferior quality to even most of the WDW standard table service restaurants for an unpleasant dining experience. The $20 roundtrip RER (train) ticket per person - 45 minutes each way - to the heart of the city for dinner will be worth the time, cost, and effort if you are looking for a special dining experience. You will be unlikely to find it anywhere at or around the Disney Paris Resort. Someone suggested to us that good and great chefs would not want to create at the Disneyland Paris Resort (unlike WDW) when they could be making a name for themselves in the City! Whether this is true or not, the best eating at the Disneyland Paris Resort that we have found in the thirty days or so we have been on property the last four years is the Yacht Club Restaurant at the Newport Bay Club.
July In WDW At a DVC Resort