Windows Mobile Phone Streaming?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Windows Mobile Phone Streaming?

Post by BuDz211 » Sep Sun 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Anyone know how I can listen to all the streams on a Windows 8 Phone? I just got one for a low price and not having any luck on listening to Subsonic on it. Any ideas?
Image Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Windows Mobile Phone Streaming?

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 21, 2014 6:39 pm

BuDz211 wrote:Anyone know how I can listen to all the streams on a Windows 8 Phone? I just got one for a low price and not having any luck on listening to Subsonic on it. Any ideas?
Can you leave a browser window open to Subsonic and listen to it that way?

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Sep Mon 22, 2014 8:18 pm

I click the different listening types from the browser but it tries to open music apps that don't work with the streams. I'm trying to figure it out.
Image Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 22, 2014 9:38 pm

BuDz211 wrote:I click the different listening types from the browser but it tries to open music apps that don't work with the streams. I'm trying to figure it out.
:( I have an iPhone so I am spoiled with the app that exists. Hopefully there can be an android app soon for you?

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Sep Tue 23, 2014 5:22 pm

If you can download a player that plays Shoutcast streams you can listen to some of the streams that way.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

GiggleGoddess
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by GiggleGoddess » Oct Thu 02, 2014 12:48 am

I've read that the Windows OS doesn't accommodate Shoutcast. Has something to do with the coding. There are no Shoutcast apps in the Windows Phone store if you look. I have a Nokia Lumia 620 and it's a great phone...it just a shame I can't listen to Subsonic on it. (as a side note if anyone would like referral for the NEW Cricket (formerly called Aio) I should still have a couple -both the referer and referee get $25 after the referee keeps the plan for 60 days- ...it's an awesome carrier and runs off the AT+T network just no roaming but I haven't had any issues traveling from southern Idaho north through the mountains to northern Idaho - it just goes out in a few spots - if only driving Idaho...it doesn't go out at all if I take the Oregon/Washington route).

Have you heard of D-cot Jukebox? If you donate to the website ($25) you get access to the mobile version of the jukebox (which I've done so I can access the m.d-cot.com/jukebox link. It's a music on demand kinda website, you can put together your own playlists and such. It's through the browser on the phone though...no official app or anything...I believe it's just run by one person, so obviously it won't have apps for every platform...IMO mobile support is the way to go b/c all smartphones have access to the internet. I go back and forth between both Subsonic and D-cot.

What Windows phone do you have?