EPCOT Channel

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

lhmathys
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

EPCOT Channel

Post by lhmathys » Jun Mon 16, 2014 9:26 am

I've always wondered why EPCOT doesn't get it's own channel? There is so much music from that park that it only seems natural to offer it as a channel. :mickey:

What do you guys/gals think?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: EPCOT Channel

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 16, 2014 12:40 pm

lhmathys wrote:I've always wondered why EPCOT doesn't get it's own channel? There is so much music from that park that it only seems natural to offer it as a channel. :mickey:

Good idea, but I know there are only so many streams that can be hosted. EPCOT is pretty well represented with the Future World stream, and there is a lot of World Showcase music on the background streams. I suppose it would come down to hosting bandwidth, and then I don't know how they tag the various tracks to make sure they play on the correct stream.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Mon 16, 2014 1:01 pm

That is a really good idea. I like the idea of a combined FW/WS set of background music.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

lhmathys
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by lhmathys » Jun Mon 16, 2014 1:24 pm

Amy wrote:Good idea, but I know there are only so many streams that can be hosted. EPCOT is pretty well represented with the Future World stream, and there is a lot of World Showcase music on the background streams. I suppose it would come down to hosting bandwidth, and then I don't know how they tag the various tracks to make sure they play on the correct stream.
I thought about the stream restriction, too. Maybe in the future when one of the current streams gets a little dated, this could be a consideration for the Subsonic folks.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 16, 2014 6:49 pm

lhmathys wrote:
Amy wrote:Good idea, but I know there are only so many streams that can be hosted. EPCOT is pretty well represented with the Future World stream, and there is a lot of World Showcase music on the background streams. I suppose it would come down to hosting bandwidth, and then I don't know how they tag the various tracks to make sure they play on the correct stream.
I thought about the stream restriction, too. Maybe in the future when one of the current streams gets a little dated, this could be a consideration for the Subsonic folks.
You can always pop into Chat and ask someone there. There is generally one of the powers that be hanging around in there :D

lhmathys
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by lhmathys » Jun Tue 17, 2014 8:37 am

Amy wrote:You can always pop into Chat and ask someone there. There is generally one of the powers that be hanging around in there :D
There's a good idea! Thanks!

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by aboden » Jul Wed 23, 2014 4:44 pm

Also I seem to remember the Background stream happened to have a lot of EPCOT area music. Because a lot of them are quite long.

I have a few on my laptop and I believe I have several hours of entrance music and area music, from different years. I purposely put a playlist together of them for my own background music if I wanted.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by sfein » Aug Fri 01, 2014 2:27 pm

lhmathys wrote:I've always wondered why EPCOT doesn't get it's own channel? There is so much music from that park that it only seems natural to offer it as a channel. :mickey:

A little late to the party, but Epcot being my favorite park, I would love an Epcot stream.

Satchel T

Post by Satchel T » Aug Tue 26, 2014 9:57 am

I myself would rock an EPCOT channel quite often ... the music from that park is all encompassing!

zammis
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by zammis » Aug Tue 26, 2014 11:15 am

This is a great idea! I would love the idea of an Epcot stream! I would host it if I knew how! I've got loads of time, but wouldn't know where to start!? :hatter_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 26, 2014 11:34 am

zammis wrote:This is a great idea! I would love the idea of an Epcot stream! I would host it if I knew how! I've got loads of time, but wouldn't know where to start!? :hatter_bounce:
I think you just need a computer and storage space. You can always pop into chat and see if any of the powers that be are in there to ask :D

zammis

Post by zammis » Aug Tue 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Amy wrote:
zammis wrote:This is a great idea! I would love the idea of an Epcot stream! I would host it if I knew how! I've got loads of time, but wouldn't know where to start!? :hatter_bounce:
I think you just need a computer and storage space. You can always pop into chat and see if any of the powers that be are in there to ask :D
Sweet! Yeah I will ask around haha! I just hope that one day we have an Epcot stream! IT WOULD BE SOOOOOO COOOOOL! HA

foldmama
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by foldmama » Apr Tue 07, 2015 10:53 am

Some of my favorite music comes fro Epcot, so a future Epcot channel would be just wonderful!

Chuckus95

Post by Chuckus95 » Apr Mon 27, 2015 9:54 am

foldmama wrote:Some of my favorite music comes fro Epcot, so a future Epcot channel would be just wonderful!
+1 to an Epcot Channel. I normally listen to Future Land, but often switch when a Tomorrowland loop comes on. All FW/WS would be welcome, especially the long Innoventions BGM.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 27, 2015 11:29 am

Chuckus95 wrote:
foldmama wrote:Some of my favorite music comes fro Epcot, so a future Epcot channel would be just wonderful!
+1 to an Epcot Channel. I normally listen to Future Land, but often switch when a Tomorrowland loop comes on. All FW/WS would be welcome, especially the long Innoventions BGM.
I love the Innoventions music too!