Weird stares at work

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Re: Weird stares at work

Post by BuDz211 » Jun Sun 08, 2014 4:10 pm

Westclock wrote:I shamelessly stream requests all day long at work. I really wish i could snap a picture of the looks i get when people walk in my office...
LOL, that would be great. I could imagine people working and then hearing, "Henry! He did it again! Go over and give that neighbor of ours what for!"
:lol:
Image Image

mwehttam
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by mwehttam » Jun Wed 18, 2014 9:34 am

My co-workers have gotten used to it as I have been listening for 7 years now at this job. The two closest are Disney fans as well so they mind less. One day Off Kilter was playing and someone asked where the bagpipes where coming from.
"We want cake! Where's our cake!"

MrPhil
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by MrPhil » Jun Wed 18, 2014 4:46 pm

I think that I had a reputation for "strange" music before listening to subsonic - but it feels like I still got upgraded to a hole new level of ... something. Most ppl. enjoy it though :)

grimmghosts96
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by grimmghosts96 » Jan Wed 21, 2015 9:11 am

I wear headphones in my office because it makes me feel like I can listen to whatever without bothering anyone. If they heard the Disney Parks music they would give me weird looks though.

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Jan Wed 21, 2015 2:33 pm

yeah me too - you guys listen to music at work wo headphones? :| i feel like i would get such harrassment for that. maybe i should try streaming subsonic and ppl would feel happy and be like, oooo what is that? and then we would all bond over love of disney world.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Jan Thu 22, 2015 2:50 am

When I was teaching, I would sometimes play some of the background music for my students while they worked. I was always careful about what songs I would pick (never anything they would recognize as a Disney song because it would distract them and you never know when a silly thing like that will upset someone's parents). That meant we usually ended up listening to a lot of the World Showcase music, so it was a good exposure to world music for them.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

sag746
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by sag746 » Jan Fri 23, 2015 4:14 pm

I am now retired for three years. However about six years ago, I was working at a Nuclear Power Plant (Engineer) and we had a serious problem at the site.
I was working on the problem when the Vice President of Engineering and the Plant Vice President came into my office to confer about the problem.
Much to their astonishment, I was listening to Subsonic Disney and It's a Small World was blasting from my computer. I toned down the volume once I realized
I wasn't scoring points with these two. Suffice to say, I gave them the answer they wanted and solved the problem.. P.S. I never heard from them again.
Hope you have a great day

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 23, 2015 9:18 pm

sag746 wrote:I am now retired for three years. However about six years ago, I was working at a Nuclear Power Plant (Engineer) and we had a serious problem at the site.
I was working on the problem when the Vice President of Engineering and the Plant Vice President came into my office to confer about the problem.
Much to their astonishment, I was listening to Subsonic Disney and It's a Small World was blasting from my computer. I toned down the volume once I realized
I wasn't scoring points with these two. Suffice to say, I gave them the answer they wanted and solved the problem.. P.S. I never heard from them again.
Their loss if they couldn't appreciate good music! Glad you were able to solve the problem and avert a possible crisis at the Nuclear Power Plant ~ that sounds like it could have been a serious problem indeed.