Stream and iOS App Updates

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

BleuLlama
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Stream and iOS App Updates

Post by BleuLlama » Dec Tue 03, 2013 10:13 am

Hey all, Just thought I'd post a quick note about what's changed in the past day or so. (I posted something like this to the Facebook SSR group.)

There are a few streams that are now up for your listening pleasure:
  • Holiday (Xmas) (up through early January)
  • Main Street (Main Street USA area music)
  • Future Land (Future World, Tomorrowland music)
  • Star Tunnel (Space Mountain music)
  • Dole Whip (Adventureland/Indy/Jungle Cruise/Tiki Room, Polynesian Resort, Hawaiian music, Pacifica)
  • Tangaroa (Polynesian Resort music loop from 1995-2010)
Finally, realized how to get the new streams to work with the iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad) app, so they're all added in there finally!!!

Unfortunately, this (of course) breaks the way iTunes displays song titles and stream title, so all you'll see there is like "mainstreet.mp3". Although I personally have been using iTunes to play the streams, I feel that this is acceptable (at least for now). If you want to see song titles and all of that stuff, use the Windows desktop app, or the OS X desktop app, whichever is appropriate for your system.

If you have any bookmarks in apps (vlc), your web browser (or use plugins such as Radio Player Live), you will need to update them. If you don't know what this means, then don't worry about it. :)

-s
1978: WDW MK, River Country -- Fort Wilderness
1985: WDW MK, EPCOT, River Country -- Polynesian
2011: DLR, DCA (one day)
2012: WDW Poly (one evening)
All of that, and part of me is still there.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Stream and iOS App Updates

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 03, 2013 10:27 am

This is great news ~ thank you so much! I've certainly missed having the extra stream options on my commute ~ you are the best!