Non-Request Streams - What's Playing and Can the Requested

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Non-Request Streams - What's Playing and Can the Requested

Post by sfein » Aug Thu 08, 2013 8:53 am

I tried to make the title non-generic question sounding, but really I have 2 questions:

1) Is there a way to find out what is playing and what is coming up on non-request streams? What is playing now probably appears in stream software, but how about what is coming up? I know scheduled stream has a web page, but it just shows generic names, not what is actually playing.

2) Can what is playing on those streams be requested on the request stream? For example I thought I saw some mention on BGM of Canada Exterior playing, but when I searched requests, I did not see a Canada Exterior.

Thanks

Arvorenn
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: Non-Request Streams - What's Playing and Can the Request

Post by Arvorenn » Sep Mon 02, 2013 8:48 am

sfein wrote:1) Is there a way to find out what is playing and what is coming up on non-request streams? What is playing now probably appears in stream software, but how about what is coming up? I know scheduled stream has a web page, but it just shows generic names, not what is actually playing.
No, there is no info on tracks that are coming up on any stream but the request stream (for now), since they don't have a fixed playlist.
sfein wrote:2) Can what is playing on those streams be requested on the request stream? For example I thought I saw some mention on BGM of Canada Exterior playing, but when I searched requests, I did not see a Canada Exterior.
Some of the tracks on the BGM just have different names than their counterparts on the request stream - the Canada Exterior could easily be one of the 8 versions of the Canada loop (I'm not sure on that one, though - some tracks may only exist on the BGM. I guess rdeacon is the only one who knows for sure, and maybe subsonic himself.)