Hello, new here

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

Heatherinwonderland
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Hello, new here

Post by Heatherinwonderland » Mar Tue 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi everyone. I am new and have been reading through some of the forums but I can't find the exact info I'm looking for. What is the point system about, is that how tracks are requested? Also what's the deal with number of listeners, it is limited during the day I assume? If this info is posted somewhere already I apologize and could you point me in the right direction?

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: Hello, new here

Post by I am Sulley » Mar Tue 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Heatherinwonderland wrote:Hi everyone. I am new and have been reading through some of the forums but I can't find the exact info I'm looking for. What is the point system about, is that how tracks are requested? Also what's the deal with number of listeners, it is limited during the day I assume? If this info is posted somewhere already I apologize and could you point me in the right direction?
Hi Heatherinwonderland

Hope you enjoy it here. I have only been a member a couple of weeks myself and it is fun. Or should that be funny :lol:
You need to go to "Club 33" there are several pages there that will help and you can be amused by some of the regular chit-chat :)
Join in if you wish, or just sit back and smile like I do most of the time :)

Welcome

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Mar Tue 05, 2013 5:22 pm

The points system is fairly easy. When you join you are given 1800 points, these you can use to choose tracks from the request section. When you post in the forums your points will increase but beware not all forums are valid for points.
If you request and use your points they will regenerate in 24hours, there is a 30 minute limit to requests so even if you have the points to request it will not let you do this until the last track in your previous choices have played.

Each section has an ultimate amount of users this is shown when you run the mouse over the section for instance if it says 15/90 then there are 15 members signed in to the 90 slot section.

Hope this helps there are other people who can probably explain this betterthan I can.

Heatherinwonderland
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Heatherinwonderland » Mar Tue 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks guys, I will check out the Club 33. Also, I tried uploading a picture but couldn't figure it out. I assume it's in the user control panel?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:The points system is fairly easy. When you join you are given 1800 points, these you can use to choose tracks from the request section. When you post in the forums your points will increase but beware not all forums are valid for points.
If you request and use your points they will regenerate in 24hours, there is a 30 minute limit to requests so even if you have the points to request it will not let you do this until the last track in your previous choices have played.

Each section has an ultimate amount of users this is shown when you run the mouse over the section for instance if it says 15/90 then there are 15 members signed in to the 90 slot section.

Hope this helps there are other people who can probably explain this betterthan I can.
That looks pretty good to me Sleepy! :D
Heatherinwonderland wrote:Thanks guys, I will check out the Club 33. Also, I tried uploading a picture but couldn't figure it out. I assume it's in the user control panel?
Welcome Heatherinwonderland! You have to link to your picture from a picture hosting site such as photobucket or snapfish.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Thu 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Welcome to the site Heatherinwonderland!
Heatherinwonderland wrote:Thanks guys, I will check out the Club 33. Also, I tried uploading a picture but couldn't figure it out. I assume it's in the user control panel?
I think Sleepy90 did a great job summing up the point system and requests. As for getting a picture in your profile, you will need an image hosting site like Amy pointed out. When you get the picture uploaded, you will copy the url to the picture. Then head over to the forum and click on the "User Control Panel" near the top of the page. Click that and then click on the "Profile" tab. From there you will get some selections on the left side of the screen. Click on "Edit avatar" and then paste the URL in the link off site box. Click to submit and you will have a profile picture.

If you are just trying to upload a general picture, you will once again need to upload it to a picture hosting site. Then you will need to paste the url in between these things:

Hope this helps you out and once again welcome to the site.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"