Hearing "Subsonic music" elsewhere

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Hearing "Subsonic music" elsewhere

Post by casrin » Mar Sun 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Listening to a program on the classical radio station tonight where the theme is about marches. The DJ went through this spiel about a piece that was used in Patton (I think, I wasn't really listening, lol). As it came on, my first thought was, "That's not from a movie! That's some Subsonic area music!" :lol:

In particular, it's Soarin' area music but I've never actually stood in that queue to hear it myself; I only know it from here. Haha.
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

captianbubble
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Hearing "Subsonic music" elsewhere

Post by captianbubble » Mar Thu 07, 2013 6:48 am

casrin wrote:Listening to a program on the classical radio station tonight where the theme is about marches. The DJ went through this spiel about a piece that was used in Patton (I think, I wasn't really listening, lol). As it came on, my first thought was, "That's not from a movie! That's some Subsonic area music!" :lol:

In particular, it's Soarin' area music but I've never actually stood in that queue to hear it myself; I only know it from here. Haha.
Wow! I had a simular situation, but it was from me watching the "Apollo 13" movie. [I always get into watching movies with great music scores.] It occured to me when I first went to the Soarin Ride at Disney World that I heard a peace of music from the movie. I think that's why I love great music score type movies, and of course Subsonic Radio!
Disney World Here I Come!

dsnymommy
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by dsnymommy » Mar Thu 21, 2013 9:23 am

The one that I hear is a song played in the French pavilion at Epcot. Its from the prologue of Beauty and the Beast. I looked up the name of the actual music used, but I only ever think of it as being from Beauty and the Beast and hearing it on Subsonic.

wolfsburg99
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by wolfsburg99 » Jul Tue 30, 2013 2:04 pm

I was watching Last of The Mohicans a few weeks back and heard music from Fort Wilderness I think. I've only ever heard that track here.

jmksd5
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by jmksd5 » Jul Wed 31, 2013 10:37 am

I also just watched the Last of The Mohicans. The Wilderness Lodge Loop is made up of basically every song in the movie.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Wed 31, 2013 3:43 pm

dsnymommy wrote:The one that I hear is a song played in the French pavilion at Epcot. Its from the prologue of Beauty and the Beast. I looked up the name of the actual music used, but I only ever think of it as being from Beauty and the Beast and hearing it on Subsonic.
Is this the music you're thinking of?

http://youtu.be/IyFpZ5MZ7kk

If so, it is the "Aquarium" movement from "Carnival of the Animals" by Camille Saint-Saens. If you listen to the original Disneyland Space Mountain Soundtrack, that music was also based on this piece. :D

I always think of Sub when I hear certain Yanni pieces elsewhere or some of the music from the Wonders of Life loop.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Wed 31, 2013 7:35 pm

When my dad and I were traveling home from Utila, we were in the Houston airport waiting to go through customs and heard Illuminations!!!! That was an awesome welcome home! :D

captianbubble

Post by captianbubble » Aug Thu 01, 2013 3:10 pm

boilerbabe wrote:When my dad and I were traveling home from Utila, we were in the Houston airport waiting to go through customs and heard Illuminations!!!! That was an awesome welcome home! :D
Awesome! That is the coolest piece to come home to! Ok time for me to go to Bush airport! Wish I could have heard it at Hobbie airport from my last trip!
Disney World Here I Come!

dsnymommy

Post by dsnymommy » Aug Thu 01, 2013 3:53 pm

boilerbabe wrote:When my dad and I were traveling home from Utila, we were in the Houston airport waiting to go through customs and heard Illuminations!!!! That was an awesome welcome home! :D

Oohhhh... can we get a request for that to be played in all airports? Its just the welcome home that I need when traveling.