Anyone play music wirelessly in their homes?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

ghost1000
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Anyone play music wirelessly in their homes?

Post by ghost1000 » Mar Sun 03, 2013 11:08 am

Apologies if this has been asked before...couldn't find it in search. So has anyone or does anyone know how to play this station over wireless speakers? I have iPad and a pc, which right now do not have any wireless speakers. The objective I'm looking for is to put a speaker in each of the rooms to have constant music as you transition from one room to another. Anyone know how to do this? As I am not tech savvy . Thanks for any help

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Anyone play music wirelessly in their homes?

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Sun 03, 2013 5:08 pm

I am not sure if they sell an off the shelf system that has the music follow people from room to room but you could get away with any wireless home audio system and then either connect it to a PC streaming the music or through the ipad.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Thu 07, 2013 11:51 pm

I would think you could hook it up to some sort of bluetooth speaker system through an iPad. I know that streaming it through bluetooth worked on my iPhone via the subsonic radio app in the car.

Another option I thought of is through your computer and iTunes. If you have all the speakers hooked up to a receiver which is on the same network as the computer then you might be able to do it that way. With my MacBook on iTunes I can airplay through the surround sound that is hooked up to the family room TV in my house.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Mar Sat 09, 2013 10:10 am

I have wireless speakers attached to my receiver in the family room and can play Subsonic throughout the house. Possibly what you are thinking of. The wireless speakers I am using are old models (Recoton, google it) but they work great.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.