Does anyone here use Foobar2000 to stream SR?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

TTA Traveler
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Does anyone here use Foobar2000 to stream SR?

Post by TTA Traveler » Oct Tue 09, 2012 1:03 pm

I made the switch to Foobar2000 a long time ago and during that time I'm more than sure I've played SR through it. However, just trying to listen to it today (after a brief hiatus) I notice I can't even enqueue the .pls files let alone attempt to play them (i.e. no errors).

Was there a recent change? Or is there something wrong on my end?

<edit> For those in the same boat try grabbing the URL directly from the stations file and adding it to Foobar. If you're not sure how to do that just download the station's .pls file and open it up in notepad. From there you'll see an address (e.g. http://request-high.subsonicradio.com:8000) and you'll want to copy/paste it into Foobar by pressing CTRL+U.
Last edited by TTA Traveler on Oct Thu 11, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.. now arriving at Space Mountain, Tomorrowland's gateway to the galaxy..

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Does anyone here use Foobar2000 to stream SR?

Post by Len90 » Oct Tue 09, 2012 11:50 pm

TTA Traveler wrote:I made the switch to Foobar2000 a long time ago and during that time I'm more than sure I've played SR through it. However, just trying to listen to it today (after a brief hiatus) I notice I can't even enqueue the .pls files let alone attempt to play them (i.e. no errors).

I see it's not supported which the question is obvious but I am pretty certain I've streamed through it before. Was there a recent change?
I know there was some changes made with the streams a little while ago as it no longer is 96k, 64k, and 24k but rather just 96k and 48k. The .pls may have changed since so you may want to look into that. For instance the .pls now for requests 96K is sr_requests96.pls

If you can't get it to work on Foobar2000 my only suggestion would be to try one of the three supported options or download the subsonic radio player for your computer. There is a player for both windows and mac.

Mac Player: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7149&p=183945#p183838
Windows Player: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8321
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

TTA Traveler

Re: Does anyone here use Foobar2000 to stream SR?

Post by TTA Traveler » Oct Thu 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Ah, I got it to work. :mickey: (see original post).

Thanks for the suggestion Len. :) Perhaps there was something changed that Foobar didn't like. :shock:
.. now arriving at Space Mountain, Tomorrowland's gateway to the galaxy..