Has anyone just created a topic to get points?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

snomasnayr
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Has anyone just created a topic to get points?

Post by snomasnayr » Sep Sat 29, 2012 11:07 am

Have you ever run out of request points and decide to start a topic that appears authentic just so you can get points? That's kind of what I'm doing now, but I just wondered if anyone else has done the same thing but been less honest about it. This is actually something I was curious about once I ran out of points and decided to write this. Please reply, it gives you points.

snomasnayr

Re: Has anyone just created a topic to get points?

Post by snomasnayr » Sep Sat 29, 2012 11:11 am

I also just thought, have you ever scrolled through the forums like I have in search of something to reply to just so you can get points?

Let the quest for points begin, although I do like using the forums for real.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 29, 2012 12:33 pm

You won't get any points for starting a topic in the Station/Site section. Points are only awarded in the Disney section snomasnayr. I would think it is better to contribute to the forums for real though, and not try to skirt the system. The mods might frown on that. If you ever really need to hear a song, there are plenty of us on here that would be willing to request something for you with our points. Keep participating and enjoying the forums as they are intended ~ the points will build and you'll have so many you don't know what to do with them all in no time :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Sat 29, 2012 2:16 pm

Of course creating fake topics in the points areas could incur the wrath of the yardstick...

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Sep Sat 29, 2012 3:05 pm

I totally agree that it's not good to create a fake topic to get points, I was just thinking about creating I topic you might not have thought about starting with that motivation.

For example, I wanted points, I wondered how many people started topics to get points, so I created a topic, but my motivation was more or less to get points. Now this motivation is mostly to see how many people have started real topics that they wouldn't have thought about had it not been to get points.

I wouldn't just create a forum saying something like "I like cheese" and then another "I like bacon" etc. That would be bad.

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Sep Sat 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Amy wrote:You won't get any points for starting a topic in the Station/Site section. Points are only awarded in the Disney section snomasnayr. I would think it is better to contribute to the forums for real though, and not try to skirt the system. The mods might frown on that. If you ever really need to hear a song, there are plenty of us on here that would be willing to request something for you with our points. Keep participating and enjoying the forums as they are intended ~ the points will build and you'll have so many you don't know what to do with them all in no time :D
Oh. Well there goes that idea :)

The motivation behind this question was to get points, but I am actually curious about how many topics (that are legitimate) have been started to get points.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 29, 2012 3:58 pm

snomasnayr wrote:I totally agree that it's not good to create a fake topic to get points, I was just thinking about creating I topic you might not have thought about starting with that motivation.
For example, I wanted points, I wondered how many people started topics to get points, so I created a topic, but my motivation was more or less to get points. Now this motivation is mostly to see how many people have started real topics that they wouldn't have thought about had it not been to get points.
I wouldn't just create a forum saying something like "I like cheese" and then another "I like bacon" etc. That would be bad.
snomasnayr wrote:
Amy wrote:You won't get any points for starting a topic in the Station/Site section. Points are only awarded in the Disney section snomasnayr. I would think it is better to contribute to the forums for real though, and not try to skirt the system. The mods might frown on that. If you ever really need to hear a song, there are plenty of us on here that would be willing to request something for you with our points. Keep participating and enjoying the forums as they are intended ~ the points will build and you'll have so many you don't know what to do with them all in no time :D
Oh. Well there goes that idea :)
The motivation behind this question was to get points, but I am actually curious about how many topics (that are legitimate) have been started to get points.
I can't speak for others, but the few threads I have started have been for a purpose. You definitely have a bit of a devious mind though ~ that should be rewarded :twisted: Let me know what song you would like and I will request it for you. It will only be my second request ever, and the first was a favor for brerrabbit1, so you may feel honored ;) :lol:

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Sep Sat 29, 2012 6:07 pm

"I can't speak for others, but the few threads I have started have been for a purpose. You definitely have a bit of a devious mind though ~ that should be rewarded :twisted: Let me know what song you would like and I will request it for you. It will only be my second request ever, and the first was a favor for brerrabbit1, so you may feel honored ;) :lol: "

Ah no thanks. Maybe I'll post a request later.

This did turn into a more legitimate question after I posted it than when I first did, though.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Sep Sat 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Len, I think a lock is needed and no, this post isn't to gain more points.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Sep Sun 30, 2012 11:03 am

Agreed, and locked. The forum is not about points, it's a perk for participating in the community. The tail should not wag the dog.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.