What time zone is this site synced to?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

snomasnayr
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

What time zone is this site synced to?

Post by snomasnayr » Aug Sat 11, 2012 12:30 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew what timezone this website is synced to. I missed one of the songs I requested because I didn't know how many hours ahead or behind this website's time is in relation to the Eastern Standard Time (my time zone). If anyone knows please let me know. :goofy_bounce:

P.S. This was posted at approximately 1:30 pm Eastern Standard Time.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: What time zone is this site synced to?

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 11, 2012 3:20 pm

I always thought this site was EST... but I've never requested anything to know for sure. If you posted at 1:30 EST, and your time of your post indicates the same ~ 1:30, then it must be EST...

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Sat 11, 2012 3:25 pm

I think it runs on west coast time. If you posted at 1.30 and the time on the post says 5.30 that is a four hour difference that would be around right for east to west wouldn't it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:I think it runs on west coast time. If you posted at 1.30 and the time on the post says 5.30 that is a four hour difference that would be around right for east to west wouldn't it.
No, that was my post. snomasnayr's post is showing at 1:30 on my computer. Wouldn't the time that it shows that your request is going to play be shown in your own time zone time? Like I said, I've never requested anything so I don't know :(
(East coast to West Coast is only a 3 hour difference Sleepy so you were close!)

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Sat 11, 2012 4:22 pm

Amy wrote:
Sleepy90 wrote:I think it runs on west coast time. If you posted at 1.30 and the time on the post says 5.30 that is a four hour difference that would be around right for east to west wouldn't it.
No, that was my post. snomasnayr's post is showing at 1:30 on my computer. Wouldn't the time that it shows that your request is going to play be shown in your own time zone time? Like I said, I've never requested anything so I don't know :(
(East coast to West Coast is only a 3 hour difference Sleepy so you were close!)
I'm confused now because his post is showing 5.30 on my computer, maybe it is because I am running on GMT. I think I thought it was west coast because Subsonic is on west coast and it is his site.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
Amy wrote:
I'm confused now because his post is showing 5.30 on my computer, maybe it is because I am running on GMT. I think I thought it was west coast because Subsonic is on west coast and it is his site.
Now with that information, I believe it shows your current time wherever you are. So perhaps there isn't a "set" time for Subsonic, it just goes by whatever time zone you happen to be in?

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Aug Sat 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Is there an administrator or someone we could ask who maintains the site?

I don't know if this link will work, but it shows where the server is, which doesn't necessarily mean that the site is synced with the server's location time.

http://geoip.flagfox.net/?ip=216.176.96 ... cradio.com

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 11, 2012 8:31 pm

snomasnayr wrote:Is there an administrator or someone we could ask who maintains the site?

I don't know if this link will work, but it shows where the server is, which doesn't necessarily mean that the site is synced with the server's location time.

There are usually a few of the admins or mods over in chat if you want to stop by there and ask them....

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Aug Sun 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Amy wrote:
snomasnayr wrote:Is there an administrator or someone we could ask who maintains the site?

There are usually a few of the admins or mods over in chat if you want to stop by there and ask them....
Ok. Maybe I'll try one of them. I think the site itself may run on whatever timezone the user is in, but the now playing list on the Subsonic exe is set to a timezone that is not mine. I just wanted to know which one that is. Thanks.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Aug Sun 12, 2012 2:01 pm

make sure you have DST checked appropriately... i had that problem myself. i believe that it is running GMT, then YOU pick the timezone you are in in your preferences, and that sets the play at times for your songs

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Aug Mon 13, 2012 4:01 pm

I went into the account settings and changed the timezone to my own timezone. My posts were an hour behind until I changed it my self. Now all my times are right.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Wed 15, 2012 11:33 pm

snomasnayr wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew what timezone this website is synced to. I missed one of the songs I requested because I didn't know how many hours ahead or behind this website's time is in relation to the Eastern Standard Time (my time zone). If anyone knows please let me know.
I believe the forum and server are are set to UTC time. You need to adjust the time setting on your account through the forum. Simply go to User Control Panel, Board Preferences, then change your time zone. Eastern Time will be UTC - 5 hours. However, the board makes things a bit more tricky. You will also have to account for daylight savings time. In that same board preferences just click the bubble to enable daylight savings time. When we fall back an hour you will have to click the bubble to turn off daylight savings time.

To ensure you don't miss a selection I would recommend always staying logged on and updating your account time setting.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

snomasnayr

Post by snomasnayr » Sep Thu 13, 2012 9:19 pm

I got everyone all confused now about this ^_^

I think I figured it out.

When I open http://www.subsonicradio.com/station/no ... dalone.php to show the now playing list in my browser (instead of the Subsonic exe for Windows) the thing is synced to whatever time the use is in. I'm in EST so this link shows the tracks in EST. When I open the now playing in the Subsonic exe, however, the timezone is different. I am posting this 10:20 pm +/- EST but the Subsonic exe has a time on it that is 3:20 am +/-. So... whatever timezone is 5 hours ahead of EST is the timezone the Subsonic exe is synced to.

Does that make sense? It does to me.

I'll let someone else figure out what timezone this is, though.

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Sep Fri 14, 2012 1:20 am

snomasnayr wrote:I got everyone all confused now about this ^_^

When I open http://www.subsonicradio.com/station/no ... dalone.php to show the now playing list in my browser (instead of the Subsonic exe for Windows) the thing is synced to whatever time the use is in. I'm in EST so this link shows the tracks in EST. When I open the now playing in the Subsonic exe, however, the timezone is different. I am posting this 10:20 pm +/- EST but the Subsonic exe has a time on it that is 3:20 am +/-. So... whatever timezone is 5 hours ahead of EST is the timezone the Subsonic exe is synced to.

hours ahead of EST that will be GMT.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Sun 23, 2012 11:53 pm

snomasnayr wrote:I got everyone all confused now about this ^_^

I think I did answer your question through my explanation. The server is synced to UTC time which is 5 hours ahead of EST and 4 hours ahead of EDT (We have daylight savings time in the states). Servers are generally synced to UTC (GMT) since it is the coordinated universal time.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"