Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Re: Your most beloved Subsonic Track

Post by Sharonofwindham » Dec Thu 06, 2012 10:54 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
JenMuse wrote:I love all of the Pinocchio's Village Haus tracks...need to earn enough credits to request the full loop. :)
I like those too! I want to go back again and eat in the little lookout area of the restaurant that overlooks It's a Small World.
That spot just gives me chills for some reason...maybe the thought of being able to look down on one of the most iconic Disney rides ever, and topped off with the atmosphere of the restaurant, love it SO much :mickey3:

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Dec Thu 06, 2012 11:02 pm

I know that it's a stream and not just a track, but I am really enjoying the new Dole Whip stream...It's fantastic :peter_pan: Thank you so much!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 07, 2012 8:32 am

BuDz211 wrote:For me, my favorite has to be the wonders of life loop. Every time I listen to it and relax, I'm instantly transported back to that pavillion. It's my favorite.
I really enjoy Wonders of Life too, but I think my favorite would be the EPCOT entrance loop. All those great attractions put into instrumental music. Reminds me of that long walk from the buses to the front entrance and first you can start to hear the music and then you come around the treeline and you can see Spaceship Earth :goofy_bounce:

Arvorenn
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Arvorenn » Dec Sun 09, 2012 5:40 am

BuDz211 wrote:For me, my favorite has to be the wonders of life loop. Every time I listen to it and relax, I'm instantly transported back to that pavillion. It's my favorite.
As much as I like the Wonders of Life loop, it doesn't have that "Disney feeling" for me, since it isn't really Disney. Maybe that's because I never stood still long enough in the WoL pavillon to fully appreciate the background loop back then, but I mostly think it's "just" some New Age music that wasn't written with Disney in mind...

I enjoy listening to the individual artists featured in the loop though, great music :)

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Dec Mon 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Arvorenn wrote: As much as I like the Wonders of Life loop, it doesn't have that "Disney feeling" for me, since it isn't really Disney. Maybe that's because I never stood still long enough in the WoL pavillon to fully appreciate the background loop back then, but I mostly think it's "just" some New Age music that wasn't written with Disney in mind...

I enjoy listening to the individual artists featured in the loop though, great music :)
Having finally heard the loop over the weekend, I heard several pieces which I recognized from various Jane Austen adaptations (as well as playing in various music ensembles through high school and university). I know the one of the songs used in the background loop for The Land is a piece originally composed by Patrick Doyle for the 1995 Sense and Sensibility adapted by Emma Thompson and directed by Ang Lee.

As a massive Jane-ite (my love for Jane rivals my love of Disney), hearing those pieces transports me to regency England not WDW so I agree they don't have that "Disney feeling," elusive and subjective as that may be.

And yet, Tchaikovsky's famous 1812 Overture practically screams Disney to me thanks to year after year of hearing it in Illuminations. Which is a pretty obvious demonstration of elusive and subjective...
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

DAR
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DAR » Dec Sat 29, 2012 6:00 pm

Depends on my mood it could be Star Tunnel one day. Haunted Mansion another. Spaceship Earth the next

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Dec Mon 31, 2012 12:11 pm

JenMuse wrote:
As a massive Jane-ite (my love for Jane rivals my love of Disney), hearing those pieces transports me to regency England not WDW so I agree they don't have that "Disney feeling," elusive and subjective as that may be.

And yet, Tchaikovsky's famous 1812 Overture practically screams Disney to me thanks to year after year of hearing it in Illuminations. Which is a pretty obvious demonstration of elusive and subjective...
I completely agree. I first heard Ray Lynch's The Oh of Pleasure at Wonders of Life. I've noticed that it's also used in a radio station in the game, Grand Theft Auto IV. No matter what I'm doing in that game, when that song comes on, I'm instantly thinking about Epcot.

Conversely, whenever David Benoit's Wild Kids comes on in the WOL loop, I think of This is America, Charlie Brown. It's an animated special where I first heard Wild Kids and instantly fell in love with that track.
Image Image

Halvogirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by Halvogirl » Jan Mon 28, 2013 1:11 pm

I really am enjoying the Dole Whip stream. I love adventureland and actually throw and Adventureland themed birthday party every year with Dole Whip and recipes from the Bengal BBQ. Now i have the perfect background music for the party too.
Yes, this is my happy place! Well, when not in my happy place.

It's official, The family is visiting Disneyland in October!

http://www.halvomassage.com
http://www.facebook.com/halvomassage