Seasonal Availability of Holiday Music

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Seasonal Availability of Holiday Music

Post by cy1229 » Oct Wed 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Is there any way we can make certain holiday music only available during that holiday season? It's not even Halloween and the Requests stream is rife with Christmas music. I don't mind a little Christmas music in, say, July, now and then, but this is getting a little crazy. Thanks!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Seasonal Availability of Holiday Music

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Wed 19, 2011 1:06 pm

cy1229 wrote:Is there any way we can make certain holiday music only available during that holiday season? It's not even Halloween and the Requests stream is rife with Christmas music. I don't mind a little Christmas music in, say, July, now and then, but this is getting a little crazy. Thanks!
Short answer....NO!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Oct Wed 19, 2011 2:25 pm

cy1229 wrote:Is there any way we can make certain holiday music only available during that holiday season? It's not even Halloween and the Requests stream is rife with Christmas music. I don't mind a little Christmas music in, say, July, now and then, but this is getting a little crazy. Thanks!
I will second that request. I realize that it is probably not possible but I have been having the same thought today. I don't know why but it just seems that we have had much more than our share of Christmas music here in October.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Wed 19, 2011 2:57 pm

cccmouse wrote:
I will second that request. I realize that it is probably not possible but I have been having the same thought today. I don't know why but it just seems that we have had much more than our share of Christmas music here in October.
Be like Scrooge and keep Christmas in your hearth all year long!!

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Oct Wed 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Be like Scrooge and keep Christmas in your hearth all year long!!

The Ghosts that visited Scrooge showed him how the life he had lived impacted others, how holding so tightly to material things brought him no satisfaction. But only in releasing his grip on his riches would he truly realize the joy that others felt in giving, especially at Christmas. He wanted this joy that Christmas brings to stay in his heart always.
None of this had anything to do with him listening to "Frosty the Snowman" in October.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Wed 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Wyntuck wrote:Be like Scrooge and keep Christmas in your hearth all year long!!

The Ghosts that visited Scrooge showed him how the life he had lived impacted others, how holding so tightly to material things brought him no satisfaction. But only in releasing his grip on his riches would he truly realize the joy that others felt in giving, especially at Christmas. He wanted this joy that Christmas brings to stay in his heart always.
None of this had anything to do with him listening to "Frosty the Snowman" in October.
True!! I still like Christmas music all year long!! I try to keep it my heart!! I'm not gonna get religious here, I try to always remember the reason for the season!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Wed 19, 2011 11:12 pm

If we start limiting music because it annoys a few people where do we draw the line? Do we restrict next IASW music because some people find the repetition gets annoying? Restrict Expedition Everest loop music because the chanting some people might find annoying?

Here's another simpler way to look at it: it's a matter of choice. The point to the request system is the basic freedom that anybody can choice any song at any time. Do remember that once a piece a music is requested - any music - that there is a mandatory time limit before that certain piece of music can be requested again.

Not only does someone have the right to select Christmas music for the queue, other members do have the right to turn down the volume until the song is over...

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Thu 20, 2011 7:14 am

mindflipper wrote:If we start limiting music because it annoys a few people where do we draw the line? Do we restrict next IASW music because some people find the repetition gets annoying? Restrict Expedition Everest loop music because the chanting some people might find annoying?

Here's another simpler way to look at it: it's a matter of choice. The point to the request system is the basic freedom that anybody can choice any song at any time. Do remember that once a piece a music is requested - any music - that there is a mandatory time limit before that certain piece of music can be requested again.

Not only does someone have the right to select Christmas music for the queue, other members do have the right to turn down the volume until the song is over...
Listening IS a matter of choice so your point is well-taken. Someone on another forum posted a request for all holiday music on Christmas and possibly the few days before and after. Being the owner of some 25+ Christmas cd's myself I find this idea appealing. I don't want anyone to think I'm a Scrooge (or anti-Scrooge, it's hard to know how that was meant :D ) but it would be really fun if, say, Halloween music was more available very near Halloween and less available other times of the year. That's all I'm saying / suggesting / pondering. Tweak the availability. Thoughts?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 21, 2011 10:12 pm

mindflipper wrote:If we start limiting music because it annoys a few people where do we draw the line? Do we restrict next IASW music because some people find the repetition gets annoying? Restrict Expedition Everest loop music because the chanting some people might find annoying?

You put my thoughts into words!!

wdwmedia
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by wdwmedia » Oct Tue 25, 2011 2:19 pm

I listen alot but have never really posted before. I agree that the availability of Christmas music year round does not bother me, I can choose to listen or not.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Tue 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Doen't bother me at all...if I'm not in the mood to hear Christmas music, I will either change the channel or turn the volume down. Same thing with Halloween music...personally, I like to listen to some of the Halloween & Christmas stuff year round too...

aliastin
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by aliastin » Oct Wed 26, 2011 11:37 am

Could we have the Holiday Channel back? Then, those of us who want to hear it can and maybe it will reduce the number of holiday music requests. I really liked that channel.... :ccat:

BattyMcDoom
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by BattyMcDoom » Oct Sun 30, 2011 10:44 am

I would love to have a Christmas channel to listen to when I'm in the mood for that. Or maybe a "holiday" channel in general to play the music of the next coming holiday?

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Sun 30, 2011 1:12 pm

STILL????????????????
NO YOU CAN NOT BE IN CONTROL!!! THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE!!

Dub J5
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Dub J5 » Nov Tue 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Love the Christmas music all year. Know why?? Cause I Believe....In Holiday Magic