Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Sat 29, 2012 11:57 pm

lols... grammar third reich, eh?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Weekends

Post by Len90 » Sep Sun 30, 2012 9:45 pm

snomasnayr wrote:
aml wrote:Why are there so little requests on weekends?
Being a little bit grammar OCD, I think the question should be "Why are there so few requests on weekends?" I don't mean to offend you, just a little OCD.

Now that that's out of the way, I don't really care why. I just like being able to request what I wanna request when I wanna request it. I like the weekends.
NaCler wrote:If you are grammar OCD, why would you type wanna instead of want to??? Just wondering.
dstrawn9889 wrote:lols... grammar third reich, eh?
Being this is subsonic radio and we are posting on the internet I don't think grammar is the most important thing to worry about.

Bottom line about this thread is that it seems like a lot of people like to listen to subsonic radio while they are working. During the weekend fewer people work and thus there are fewer people listening in and wanting to request. Of course there will always be someone listening somewhere but you can always tell how busy the streams are by the listeners above the the stream selection.

Just an example: Currently a ~30 minute queue wait with just over 50 "people" listening.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Mon 01, 2012 12:27 am

Len90 wrote:Just an example: Currently a ~30 minute queue wait with just over 50 "people" listening.
Should it be people or persons? :wink: :lol: Hahahaha - texting is already the final nail in the coffin of grammar in this country. Even the newspapers nowadays have bad grammar...why should subsonic be any different? :mrgreen:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Mon 01, 2012 1:14 am

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:Just an example: Currently a ~30 minute queue wait with just over 50 "people" listening.
Should it be people or persons? :wink: :lol: Hahahaha - texting is already the final nail in the coffin of grammar in this country. Even the newspapers nowadays have bad grammar...why should subsonic be any different? :mrgreen:
Just because everybody is doing it, doesn't make it right.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Mon 01, 2012 9:17 am

No, just unavoidable and nearly inescapable. The more the practice becomes commonplace, the more it gets generally accepted.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Mon 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Guys enough... Let's get this one back to it's intended topic. If we want to discuss grammar we can open a thread in the off topic section.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"