When ___ Comes On I Think of ___

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

MansionButler
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

When ___ Comes On I Think of ___

Post by MansionButler » Jan Tue 25, 2011 12:35 am

I thought this might be a successful topic. The basic idea is, while you're listening to the stream, if something comes on evoking a particular memory or feeling or whatever you feel like talking about, you come here and share. Simple enough? Hopefully.

I've often wanted to do this, but never felt like actually starting a topic for it until tonight. I'll start with an example.

Someone just requested the loop of Village Haus music that plays in that area of Fantasyland. Thanks to my summer working at IASW and Peter Pan, I immediately feel like I'm parking strollers. Anyone who's been to Fantasyland, I'm sure, knows what I'm talking about. The massive stroller parking area in front of the former Skyway. For the rest of my life, that music and strollers will go together in my head.

Particularly three wheeled strollers, the bane of my existence. Do you know how hard those strollers are to move laterally? They're very hard to move laterally. :x

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: When ___ Comes On I Think of ___

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 25, 2011 2:04 am

I have to beat... I gues Mindflipper(?) to it.

When Expedeition Everest Loop comes on I think of how great a travel is and how this ride has the best area music for any of the coasters (I actually do think that). :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 25, 2011 10:16 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I have to beat... I guess Mindflipper(?) to it.

When Expedeition Everest Loop comes on I think of how great a travel is and how this ride has the best area music for any of the coasters (I actually do think that). :D
Actually, I don't dislike that loop like everyone else. I like it for its accuracy and to me that loop gives that area a more authentic feel to it. I like some of the World Showcase loops for the same reason.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jan Tue 25, 2011 10:28 am

When Expedition Everest Loop comes on I think that Wizzard is up to no good... Nope, this time it's timekeeper. Mean, cruel people...

Actually, I don't dislike the ENTIRE 72 minute loop. There are about 5 minutes of good music within it. :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 25, 2011 2:55 pm

NaCler wrote:When Expedition Everest Loop comes on I think that Wizzard is up to no good... Nope, this time it's timekeeper. Mean, cruel people...

Actually, I don't dislike the ENTIRE 72 minute loop. There are about 5 minutes of good music within it. :D
It's already been requested?!? Dang, now I gotta wait until it's available again! :( :wink:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 25, 2011 4:52 pm

I didn't request it and like I said, I had to beat you to it since only a few people like the loop. :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Wed 26, 2011 1:19 am

When any of the the Innoventions area music loops come on I think of my past vacation (June/july 2010) when I went skipping around the fountain of nations during EMH.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 26, 2011 8:00 am

Len90 wrote:When any of the the Innoventions area music loops come on I think of my past vacation (June/july 2010) when I went skipping around the fountain of nations during EMH.
Any photos or video to share?! ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 26, 2011 10:54 am

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:When any of the the Innoventions area music loops come on I think of my past vacation (June/july 2010) when I went skipping around the fountain of nations during EMH.
Sometimes, when you're in the moment, you forget about the camera. Len90 was in..."the zone". :wink: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 26, 2011 11:56 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
Sometimes, when you're in the moment, you forget about the camera. Len90 was in..."the zone". :wink: :lol:
:lol: But maybe Mark managed to catch some?! I hope, I hope, I hope!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Jan Wed 26, 2011 12:23 pm

When I hear Illuminations I think of one trip that I took with just my mom a couple of years ago.
We were both going through some tough times and we ran away to The World for a few days. The music and experience of Illuminations on that trip just had me in tears. It was such an emotional release that I really needed.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Wed 26, 2011 10:34 pm

Amy wrote:
There might be a video of it. I'm not sure.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Len90 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Hmmmmm, maybe next summer when Len90 goes to WDW he needs to post a video trip report? :wink: :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 27, 2011 8:30 am

Len90 wrote:
Amy wrote:
OH! You really must check!! I mean, because there is no school to distract you today with all the snow right? ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Thu 27, 2011 10:37 am

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:
Amy wrote:Any photos or video to share?! ;)
OH! You really must check!! I mean, because there is no school to distract you today with all the snow right? ;)
Amy, if you saw his course schedule, it would open a super-sized bag of freak on you. :shock: I'm still traumatized by his classload... :wink: