If you like ___ you might also like....

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

BleuLlama
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

If you like ___ you might also like....

Post by BleuLlama » Oct Thu 07, 2010 9:13 am

Hey all. Thought I'd start this thread here. Basically the idea is, a lot of the music on the streams is similar to other music, and might be something else you might like.

I'll start it off;

If you like the ambientish stuff in the Star Tunnel stream, you'll likely like the soundtrack to "Forbidden Planet" by Louis and Bebe Barron.
http://www.amazon.com/Forbidden-Planet- ... B0000059UG

Occasionally, on the streams, there's a few tracks with relation to EPCOT/Futureworld/wonders of life, "Celestial Soda Pop" for example. These are by Ray Lynch. If you like that track, you'll likely enjoy Ray Lynch's "Deep Breakfast" album, and probably also his "No Blue Thing" album as well.

Any others that y'all would like to share?
1978: WDW MK, River Country -- Fort Wilderness
1985: WDW MK, EPCOT, River Country -- Polynesian
2011: DLR, DCA (one day)
2012: WDW Poly (one evening)
All of that, and part of me is still there.

cliff_77
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Re: If you like ___ you might also like....

Post by cliff_77 » Oct Thu 07, 2010 9:31 am

If you like the Flame Tree BBQ music, it's by a band called Outback. Their albums Baka and Dance the Devil Away are both very good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outback_(group)

A bunch of the music they play in the Grizzly Rapids area of DCA is by a guy name Doyle Dykes. Does mostly instrumental guitar stuff that is all excellent. http://www.doyledykes.com/

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Thu 07, 2010 12:01 pm

cliff_77 wrote:If you like the Flame Tree BBQ music, it's by a band called Outback. Their albums Baka and Dance the Devil Away are both very good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outback_(group)

A bunch of the music they play in the Grizzly Rapids area of DCA is by a guy name Doyle Dykes. Does mostly instrumental guitar stuff that is all excellent. http://www.doyledykes.com/
Thanks for the tip, Cliff! I've always wondered about the Flame Tree BBQ stuff... it's some of my favorite music from the parks! :D

Now if someone could just tell me where "Hevia" (a.k.a. Busindre Reel) and some of those others from the Illuminations Preshow came from, I would be eternally grateful!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Thu 07, 2010 12:26 pm

I actually have one to contribute: the track "Summer's Day" in the Tomorrowland Area Music is actually by Suzanne Ciani. Different renditions of it appear on a couple of her albums. She does new-age style instrumental (mainly electronic keyboard) music for the most part, but has one album called "Pianissimo" in which she does solo piano renditions of a bunch of her best tunes. It's very good! So if you like the Tomorrowland Area music, you will probably like Suzanne Ciani!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Thu 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Ooh!!! I LOVE this topic!!! There are so many pieces of music that I've wondered about! Thank you for the info about the Flame Tree BBQ music/Ray Lynch

I have a couple to add: The song "Wild Kids" (from WoL) is by David Benoit. The song entitled "Water" on Subsonic (from WoL and Tomorrowland) is actually called "Behind the Waterfall" by David Lanz. :)

EDIT: I just found another one...the Balafon Marimba Ensemble does "I Already Have a Husband" and "Nhamo" from Flame Tree BBQ/Adventureland (and I imagine there are others they do as well...)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 07, 2010 8:58 pm

This is a very good idea! I don't have anything to add at the moment but am having fun checking out the suggestions so far :D

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Fri 08, 2010 2:57 am

This is a pretty neat idea, gang. I got nothing to add right now since I'm about to crash but I'm looking forward to seeing what's next to come here.

BleuLlama

Post by BleuLlama » Oct Fri 08, 2010 10:48 am

Just remembered another one; In one of the streams is a track or two by Andreas Vollenweider

Walt Disney World - EPCOT - area - night fire dance
Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland - Area Music - Moon Dance

Both tracks are from Vollenweider's "Down To The Moon" album.

There might be more. I love that album.
Last edited by BleuLlama on Oct Fri 08, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 08, 2010 12:14 pm

BleuLlama wrote:Just remembered another one; In one of the streams is a track or two by Andreas Vollenweider

Walt Disney World - EPCOT - area - night fire dance (From his "Down To The Moon" album)
Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland - Area Music - Moon Dance (same album)

There might be more. I love that album.
No wonder they sounded so familiar! I haven't heard anything from him in years, so I didn't make the connection! Nice!

Yensidaj
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Yensidaj » Oct Fri 08, 2010 3:24 pm

For those of you who like the Staves Church music from the Norway Pavilion: The artist is Jan Garbarek and the album name is Officium and the song title is Parce Mihi Domine
I think that info is also listed on the comments for that song but I thought it would be good to post the info here since I had the info handy. It can be found on itunes.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 08, 2010 4:38 pm

Yensidaj wrote:For those of you who like the Staves Church music from the Norway Pavilion: The artist is Jan Garbarek and the album name is Officium and the song title is Parce Mihi Domine
I think that info is also listed on the comments for that song but I thought it would be good to post the info here since I had the info handy. It can be found on itunes.
Thanks for the info! I kinda like that one. It's got a sort-of "Kenny G meets Enigma" thing going.... :D

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Oct Wed 13, 2010 12:58 pm

If you like:
Disneyland Paris - Disneyland Park - Discoveryland - Space Mountain - De La Terre A La Lune - the stellar way 2

You might also like:
Most soundtrack music. The above track is from the movie Krull - the Theme Song.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Wed 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
Yensidaj wrote:For those of you who like the Staves Church music from the Norway Pavilion: The artist is Jan Garbarek and the album name is Officium and the song title is Parce Mihi Domine
Thanks for the info! I kinda like that one. It's got a sort-of "Kenny G meets Enigma" thing going.... :D
That's exactly how I think of it! :lol:
subsonic wrote:If you like:
Disneyland Paris - Disneyland Park - Discoveryland - Space Mountain - De La Terre A La Lune - the stellar way 2

You might also like:
Most soundtrack music. The above track is from the movie Krull - the Theme Song.
Awesome! Thanks! I'll have to check it out... :D

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Nov Mon 29, 2010 8:26 pm

For the techy types, the Music Genome Project sounds like an excellent way to catalog track and make recommendations. Anyone that's used Pandora can tell you how well it works.

BleuLlama

Post by BleuLlama » Apr Fri 01, 2011 11:24 pm

Just found out that some music in "Beauty And The Beast" is based on Saint-Saens' "Le Carnaval des Animaux", specifically the "Aquarium" Piece. (And apparently Space Mountain uses a surf rock cover of this track.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Carnaval_des_Animaux

Also, the "Finale" movement from this was used for Fantasia 2000.