Android app

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Android app

Post by mindflipper » Mar Sat 19, 2011 9:32 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:I'm doing research on line. I really don't want to have to buy a book. But yes there is an "Android Application Development For Dummies" :lol:
Why am I not surprised? I wonder how easy it is to develop an app? :?:

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Tue 22, 2011 11:55 am

I'm sure if you have some basic programming experience you can figure it out with enough time/research.

I'm guessing the streaming part will be the most difficult. But, it would be awesome to see this happen. :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

montyz81
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by montyz81 » Mar Wed 23, 2011 8:07 am

Is anyone else having a problem with xiialive today? I can't get any of the streams to work. It has worked perfectly for a few months up until today. I am running 2.1 on my Samsung Fascinate.

montyz81

Post by montyz81 » Mar Wed 23, 2011 8:28 am

Nevermind, I just had to restart my phone.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Wed 23, 2011 12:01 pm

montyz81 wrote:Nevermind, I just had to restart my phone.
I'm glad I could help. I just knew you asking here would find a solution! ;)

hackmonkey
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by hackmonkey » Mar Tue 29, 2011 7:53 pm

XiiaLive appears to only work on WiFi. 3G and 4G network connections do not work on HTC EVO. Does anyone know of another andoid app that works. I have tried several and none of them allow me to select or enter the subsonic site.

IT shut down all the lower ports for streaming at my job. I can only listen on my phone, any suggestions?

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Tue 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Huh that's odd. I just tested it out on my Samsung Fascinate on 3G and it's working. Does it not play at all or does it just have a hard time buffering? Have you tried it at home or somewhere with a good signal? I used to listen to it streaming on my (non-Wifi) Blackberry while driving and if I got in an area with low signals, it didn't work well.

I'm not sure how you're trying to open them up. On my Fascinate, I navigate to the site in the browser, then when I click on the stream's icon that I want, it asks me which player I want to open it in. It sounds like you're using the program somehow to navigate?
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Mar Tue 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Polynesian Princess: I like your avatar... mmm Dole Whips. Too bad the line DLR is always so long for them.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Mar Wed 30, 2011 7:09 am

hackmonkey wrote:XiiaLive appears to only work on WiFi. 3G and 4G network connections do not work on HTC EVO. Does anyone know of another andoid app that works. I have tried several and none of them allow me to select or enter the subsonic site.

IT shut down all the lower ports for streaming at my job. I can only listen on my phone, any suggestions?
Yes, Winamp is a good free app, it will stream all of the subsonic channels.

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Wed 30, 2011 10:11 am

subsonic wrote:Polynesian Princess: I like your avatar... mmm Dole Whips. Too bad the line DLR is always so long for them.
Thank you, subsonic! I don't mind waiting in line for my Dole whip, though I'll get them when it's cold outside or late too and most people don't want them then. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Thu 31, 2011 7:26 pm

hackmonkey wrote:XiiaLive appears to only work on WiFi. 3G and 4G network connections do not work on HTC EVO. Does anyone know of another andoid app that works. I have tried several and none of them allow me to select or enter the subsonic site.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this problem....I cannot get XiaaLive or Winamp to stream Subsonic stations on my EVO. It's frustrating because it used to work, but now it doesn't...so I revert to my music playlists

hackmonkey

Post by hackmonkey » Apr Fri 01, 2011 3:54 pm

All,
I think it is specific to EVO. WinAMP and Xiaalive does not work on network signal at all. Does not even open, just times out. I have recently seen comments under xiialive app in the ANdriod market that say the same issues. Used to work but does not know. Must be related to the major vs upgrade to 2.2. No hope..uuhhhgg......unless SUBSONIC brings back the request 2 on a HIGHER PORT for us folks listening from work. Hint Hint.

ranbart

Post by ranbart » Apr Thu 21, 2011 6:19 am

Northern Mouse fan any luck in making an android app? I too would love one for my android phone.
Missing WDW,

RanBart

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Apr Thu 21, 2011 8:18 am

ranbart wrote:Northern Mouse fan any luck in making an android app? I too would love one for my android phone.
I am in to technical stuff but I have no code writing experience. So I am starting off on square one, I'm not sure how to get the stream to work quite yet. The plan is to come up with a simple and easy Disney related app as a stepping stone then move on to the subsonic app.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Fri 22, 2011 12:43 pm

Attention android users! (especially those who have been having problems getting Subsonic to stream on their phones)

While we *impatiently* await a Subsonic android app, I found a fix for the meantime.

The Amazon appstore offers one paid app for free a day; everyday there is a different app available. Sometimes it's a game, sometimes it's a tool. Either way, it's an app that one would normally have to pay for and it's available for free.
Today's (4/22/11) app is Tune In Radio Pro. I downloaded it this morning and to my surprise, I found the Subsonic request stream!!! (and it actually works!!!!) :D YAY!!! I can listen on my phone now!!!! :mickey: 8-) :mrgreen: