Why do you like listening to Theme Park Audio?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Why do you like listening to Theme Park Audio?

Post by Goofyfan » May Thu 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Chernabog40 wrote:I like listening to the Park music as a calming factor for me...It makes me think of all the happy times thoughout the years.
I also like putting a slide show of pictures from the parks with friends and family to Park music. Its a fun hobby.

Thats a good idea. :D :goofy:

Spielberg1
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Spielberg1 » May Sat 11, 2013 2:04 pm

it makes me feel like i am there. i am most happy at disney world with my family!

waltsfaverob
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by waltsfaverob » Jul Sat 06, 2013 11:26 am

it makes me feel like i'm back at disney world when i can't go.

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Chuckus95 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 9:29 am

I listen for several reasons: (1) as a calming factor (it makes me remember the fabulous trips that we've had); (2) in anticipation of an upcoming trip; and/or (3) to reminisce following a trip.

elissa65
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by elissa65 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 11:24 am

I listen to Living Seas if I am having trouble falling asleep and to drown out my husband's snoring :wink:

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Jul Mon 15, 2013 6:05 am

The variety. You never know what someone's going to request, and it can run the gamut. Then, if I tire of variety, there's always the soarin' channel!

mlbplus5
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by mlbplus5 » Jul Mon 29, 2013 9:32 am

I so love that I can listen to Disney anytime I want too. Like many of you I grew up going to Disneyland. I have so many memories of my childhood trips, and this site helps me relive those memories. This is just an awesome site for us Disney lovers :D Thank you to all were involved in creating this wonderful place where we all can get lost in the Disney magic....

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Wyntuck wrote:The variety. You never know what someone's going to request, and it can run the gamut. Then, if I tire of variety, there's always the soarin' channel!
This is so true ~ you never can tell what's coming up next. And it is almost always something good! :D

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Mon 07, 2013 10:03 am

Listening to Subsonic all day keeps me in my Happy Place. It offers so much variety to choose from if you don't care for the requests. Subsonic is like pots of chili...no pots are the same just like Subsonic. No two days are EVER alike. Love that!

SeattleSuz

Post by SeattleSuz » Oct Mon 21, 2013 10:13 am

I love listening to this, because of the variety and because it takes me back to my Happy Place. Makes my day go by faster, and happier. :)

duggett
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by duggett » Oct Mon 21, 2013 11:34 am

Another reason - our friends are at WDW right now and we aren't!
So we are making a "virtual visit" by listening to Subsonic Radio all day!
Takes away some of the envy.

Bunni
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Bunni » Apr Tue 22, 2014 4:33 am

It reminds me of all the great times I have spent with my family. When I am feeling a bit down it really helps to pick me up and refocus me :)
My mum and I love listening to attraction audio (especially TOT) and reliving all the fun.

Westclock

Post by Westclock » Apr Tue 22, 2014 8:01 am

This threads a fun read.

I like to listen to remember the experience of working in the MK. Which was one of the highlights of my life so far. :)

jaredorth
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by jaredorth » Apr Fri 25, 2014 9:48 am

I listen for two reasons. First, I listen to revisit attractions. I especially like being able to listen and remember rides no longer available, (If You Had Wings, Horizons, etc.). But the biggest reason I listen is because it transports me to the parks in a very special way. I love when you're at WDW, and you realize after a while that you are always hearing appropriate music to the area where you are. It completes the theme perfectly.

When I'm home, I put it on in the background while I'm working, and I think a subconscious part of my brain goes back to the Parks. I listen to Howard Stern in the morning, and the Disney music when he isn't on. I find that the Disney music time is much less stressful, productive, and calming.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 25, 2014 10:57 am

jaredorth wrote:I listen for two reasons. First, I listen to revisit attractions. I especially like being able to listen and remember rides no longer available, (If You Had Wings, Horizons, etc.). But the biggest reason I listen is because it transports me to the parks in a very special way. I love when you're at WDW, and you realize after a while that you are always hearing appropriate music to the area where you are. It completes the theme perfectly.

When I'm home, I put it on in the background while I'm working, and I think a subconscious part of my brain goes back to the Parks. I listen to Howard Stern in the morning, and the Disney music when he isn't on. I find that the Disney music time is much less stressful, productive, and calming.
Anything is probably less stressful, productive and calming than Howard Stern ;) ~ Welcome jaredorth! :D