Why do you like listening to Theme Park Audio?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why do you like listening to Theme Park Audio?

Post by subsonic » Jun Mon 07, 2004 4:22 pm

I'm curious, what is each one's feelings about listening to Theme Park Audio?

I'm not just talking about this station, I'm talking about all you users that listen to stations and download audio.

I'm assuming because it let's users relive the memories of those attractions in the head. I know that's why I listen. It reminds me of all those wonderful times being at Disneyland/World as a child and an adult.

Tell us your reason! :)

rich
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by rich » Jun Mon 07, 2004 6:46 pm

Because it reminds me of fun, and memories of rides gone to Yesterland. But mostly it entertains my mind during the tedious hours of work.

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

why i listen

Post by sockfire » Jun Mon 07, 2004 8:09 pm

I like the music mainly. And also the nostalgia of it all. Also, once I got started collecting tracks, I wanted them all. Especially the ones that have proven so hard to find.

disneyfan2
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by disneyfan2 » Jun Mon 07, 2004 9:40 pm

I have to agree that the music and other sound bytes bring back fond memories of the parks. For me knowing the great amounts of creativity forged by Disney over the years allows me, subconciously, to become more creative during my day.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Tue 08, 2004 11:15 am

disneyfan2 wrote:For me knowing the great amounts of creativity forged by Disney over the years allows me, subconciously, to become more creative during my day.
Wow, that is probably the most enlightening thing I've heard here!

rich

Post by rich » Jun Tue 08, 2004 12:25 pm

subsonic wrote:
disneyfan2 wrote:..... subconciously, to become more creative during my day.
Wow, that is probably the most enlightening thing I've heard here!

Undoubtedly, cultivated cognizance to recapitulate you both.

cliff_77

Post by cliff_77 » Jun Tue 08, 2004 2:54 pm

Frankly the whole thing is kinda new to me. I was just poking around shoutcast one day and this station came up. And I don't think I've turned it off except to sleep since then (and sometimes not even then, the splash mountian audio was playing this morning when I got up.)

I think that for me, Disneyland represents pretty much everything that is good in the world, and I am rarely as happy as when I am there. So Disnelyland audio is just like having a little bit of that with me all the time. Not to mention that it's just kinda happy, perky music that can brighten even a pretty crappy day.

Disneyfan

Post by Disneyfan » Jun Tue 08, 2004 8:14 pm

ooooh. I Like Cliff_77's answer. I have been visiting the Disney Parks in Florida continuously for over 25 years, and I always feel some kind of euphoria when I enter the "music perimeter" of Walt Disney World. I do agree, I think the classic Disney music does represent the goodness in the world and in all of us. I have a profound respect for the composers of the music. How many other ridiculous tunes will keep playing in your head again and again like for instance ......yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me. To some it must sound very weird, but I feel the same as was also commented before. I put the headphones on, tune into a Disney stream, and my "fingers fly like the wind" and the time passes ever so pleasantly. I mean it almost doesn't seem like work! Ok, enough gushing for one day. :lol:

sockfire

kinda like...

Post by sockfire » Jun Tue 08, 2004 8:28 pm

I think it's kinda like when people listen to showtunes. They like the music, they like the story in the music, and they like the nostalgia of it all.

Disney should encourage all of us doing this because it just makes me want to go to the parks and spend money on Mickey stuff. :wink:

Disneyfan

Post by Disneyfan » Jun Sat 12, 2004 10:00 am

Now you hit on my other passion. I love listening to Andrew Lloyd Webber productions. I think I have most of the modern ones memorized.

aldo

Post by aldo » Jun Fri 18, 2004 6:52 pm

The penny arcade, the original rocket rods where you had to ride an elevator up, the big spinning building next to the rocket rods that housed all those musical shows, secretly loving its a small world but outwardly hating it because I was a boy and I was supposed to be tough and not like it's a small world, the jungle cruise, never wanting to go on the haunted mansion till I was 14, the big parking lot, once you were parked and saw alllll the cars you knew you were at one place and one place only (and you made sure you knew what character section you were in!), the old autopita, the sky cars, teacups.. it goes on and on. That's why I listen!

aldo

Post by aldo » Jun Fri 18, 2004 6:58 pm

I just realized I can't edit my post (adam how the heck do I get an account?) but I totally forgot about the people mover and the mission to mars, the first time I felt those seats lift up your butt is an experience I won't forget.

aldo

Post by aldo » Jun Fri 18, 2004 7:02 pm

I guess I missed the big register button up at the top :P

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Like listening to the Park music.....

Post by rdeacon » Jun Tue 29, 2004 12:44 pm

I like listening to the theme park music, because its the 2nd best thing to being there. Plus it brings back some nice memories.... :)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

lizard

Post by lizard » Jun Wed 30, 2004 1:53 am

I LOVEEEEE this website!!!!!!!! I'm so listening to it all the time!