Why do you like listening to Theme Park Audio?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

JonathanCC
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Re: Why do you like listening to Theme Park Audio?

Post by JonathanCC » May Tue 06, 2014 9:52 am

jaredorth wrote:I listen for two reasons. First, I listen to revisit attractions. I especially like being able to listen and remember rides no longer available, (If You Had Wings, Horizons, etc.). But the biggest reason I listen is because it transports me to the parks in a very special way. I love when you're at WDW, and you realize after a while that you are always hearing appropriate music to the area where you are. It completes the theme perfectly.

When I'm home, I put it on in the background while I'm working, and I think a subconscious part of my brain goes back to the Parks. I listen to Howard Stern in the morning, and the Disney music when he isn't on. I find that the Disney music time is much less stressful, productive, and calming.

Good stuff!!

xtremenm
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by xtremenm » May Tue 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Emrankhant20 wrote:It makes me feel like we are at the park, having fun. Even when I am having a bad day I can turn on the music and it seems to lift my mood./turn on the music
Same here! Wish I was there now!

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by aboden » Jul Wed 23, 2014 4:52 pm

For me it's my childhood, since I grew up in Orlando and had passes from when I was born practically. Now that I live half way around the world it's a way to remember the fun of the parks and growing up there.

I try to play other background type music while I work but nothing works like Disney music lol I don't know why but it's true.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Sep Wed 17, 2014 10:01 pm

I listen to Howard Stern in the morning, and the Disney music when he isn't on. I find that the Disney music time is much less stressful, productive, and calming.

I can't imagine two more opposite choices. Howard Stern and Disney tracks? Now that's someone with a wide range of tastes! :goofy_bounce:

messengerangel1
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by messengerangel1 » Oct Mon 13, 2014 1:46 am

It helps me concentrate but with a positive type of attitude. I listen to it at work, at home cleaning and studying. Our whole family really enjoys feeling like we are at the park when we are at home. It gets us talking about memories we have or about things we want to do the next time we go! :)

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Dec Tue 16, 2014 8:58 am

It's probably been said, but listening at work is a nice bit of escapism. And with limited time off, and limited funds, this is a great way to help "feel" the magic without traveling.
UncleScrooge477

mom2joshnella
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by mom2joshnella » Jan Fri 09, 2015 7:00 pm

All over the place you can find Disney movie songs. While those are great, they don't take you back to your favorite place on Earth. When you shut your eyes while listening, you can feel where you are in the ride at that exact point in the music. If you are listening to the background music, you can taste the Dole Whip that you had while walking around listening to those exact same songs. I know this has been said time and time again, but they take you back to the parks and invoke memories of a special time, moment, ride, or even taste. There is nothing like it and that is why Disney is soooo wonderful!!

octoberbarry
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by octoberbarry » Jun Mon 01, 2015 4:45 am

For me it brightens my day. As soon as that music enters my ear, placing one section of my brain in a 'memory loop' of strolling through the park or resort that the music is coming from, my entire body goes into a sort of stylized 'vacation mode', and whatever task is at hand becomes somehow softer and easier to handle. It's the 'spoonful of sugar' in my day...

SeattleSuz

Post by SeattleSuz » Jun Tue 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Because it always brings me to my Happy Place and makes my somewhat tedious days go by faster. :)
Image Image