Withdrawing a request when your attempt to load multiple...

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Thu 01, 2009 2:26 pm

Mr.ToadWildRider wrote:There are inherent problems created by allowing people to pull their requests aside from just technical ones.

The one that immediately jumps to mind for me is Person B requests a 60 minute track in the middle of Person A's 30 minute set list. Person C sees that the next available play time is an hour and a half from now so requests their songs anticipating their songs to be played apprx. 90 minutes later. Person A realizes what person B did and yanks their 30 minutes of tracks. Now person C's tracks get bumped up 30 minutes. If person C tunes into Requests 90 minutes later they'd probably just be catching the tail end of their set list. Very annoying.

Obviously there could be many variations of this same problem. Maybe someone didn't interrupt Person A's set, but Person A just decides they don't have time to listen to their requested tracks sometime after they made their request. Maybe that happens to various people between Persons A through Q and poor person R who has set their time expecting to hear his/her tracks at lunch is now queued up for their commute ride in! :shock:
What if person A was in a train heading west out of Chicago traveling 55 MPH and person B was in a train heading east out of Denver traveling 70 MPH and person C was sitting in an office in New York City? Was that Calculus or Algebra? :lol: :roll: :wink:

Sorry couldn't help myself! :oops:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Thu 01, 2009 7:55 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Mr.ToadWildRider wrote:There are inherent problems created by allowing people to pull their requests aside from just technical ones.

The one that immediately jumps to mind for me is Person B requests a 60 minute track in the middle of Person A's 30 minute set list. Person C sees that the next available play time is an hour and a half from now so requests their songs anticipating their songs to be played apprx. 90 minutes later. Person A realizes what person B did and yanks their 30 minutes of tracks. Now person C's tracks get bumped up 30 minutes. If person C tunes into Requests 90 minutes later they'd probably just be catching the tail end of their set list. Very annoying.

Obviously there could be many variations of this same problem. Maybe someone didn't interrupt Person A's set, but Person A just decides they don't have time to listen to their requested tracks sometime after they made their request. Maybe that happens to various people between Persons A through Q and poor person R who has set their time expecting to hear his/her tracks at lunch is now queued up for their commute ride in! :shock:
What if person A was in a train heading west out of Chicago traveling 55 MPH and person B was in a train heading east out of Denver traveling 70 MPH and person C was sitting in an office in New York City? Was that Calculus or Algebra? :lol: :roll: :wink:

Sorry couldn't help myself! :oops:
LOL Jacca. All I remember is that I always got those problems wrong. There is no perfect system and unfortunately this is the flaw/risk you take in requesting.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Thu 01, 2009 8:18 pm

think of it kind of like a juke box. once you put your money (points) in and choose your selection, it can't be stopped/removed.
I like the jukebox analogy. It is the perfect fit for how subsonic radio works!
I need to be more considerate and not request a 63 minute loop!! Unless it's 3am and no one's up but me.....
If I want to hear a long track, I only request it when there's no one requesting tracks at the time. Many weekday nights from 9 PM to 12 midnight the request queue is very short.

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Oct Fri 02, 2009 7:58 am

Sorry, I frequently request 60 minute tracks in the middle of the day :? They're the best, and best value under the new thirty minutes rule! :mickey:

Nz58cl
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by Nz58cl » Nov Sat 14, 2009 7:47 am

Yes I was reading this and thinking I have queued up requests or saw that a favorite was coming up at a this time and made sure to get back to my desk. Its a hard task to please everyone, thanks for trying Admins :wink:

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Tue 24, 2009 5:40 pm

I wish I had all the time in the world because we DO have plans to help with long queues. Unfortunately, I've been busier and other priorities sit before those plans. :(
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z