Impressions de France - Music Medley track

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Impressions de France - Music Medley track

Post by annafab » Apr Sun 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Does anyone know if there is a list somewhere that says what all the different music is from in this track (similar to the list for the Soarin' queue)? And preferably in the right order?

I recognize a couple pieces but there are a couple that I'd like to know the names of.
:nemo:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Mon 13, 2009 1:19 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impression ... e_(Disney)

That has a good general list of the music in the show. Some are original scores that have no title.

Leigh
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Leigh » Apr Mon 13, 2009 10:06 am

My favorite part is the very haunting section that kind of sounds like Beauty and the Beast music. The piece is by Saint Saens -- Carnival of the Animals -- the Aquarium section. It gives me chills.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Apr Mon 13, 2009 10:25 am

Leigh wrote:My favorite part is the very haunting section that kind of sounds like Beauty and the Beast music. The piece is by Saint Saens -- Carnival of the Animals -- the Aquarium section. It gives me chills.
I agree. I really hope that whenever they do update this film, that they don't ruin it by adding a celebrity or cartoon characters and they keep the same music, just update the scenes that involve the people. I still enjoy viewing this movie even though it is very outdated because the music is just wonderful, it gives me chills every time as well. I really like the piece at the end when they show the Eiffel Tower from the bottom to the top.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

pixiesparkles
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by pixiesparkles » Apr Wed 15, 2009 6:20 pm

This is my favorite film out of all "country films". I love the music.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Thu 16, 2009 4:43 am

I like the music from this, but I must admit I've never watched the whole film through without dozing off. I think it's probably a combination of soothing music + darkness + ac. Oh, and comfortable chairs.

The music track alone doesn't do it (thankfully, considering I usually listen at work ;) ).
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Mon 13, 2009 5:25 pm

I love the Carnival of the Animals music! I always wondered if the music from Beauty and the Beast was fashioned after that section of it. Also, if you listen to it, it's the same music that used to be used for Space Mountain in DL (at a much slower pace, of course).

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Tue 14, 2009 8:19 am

MmeLeota wrote:I love the Carnival of the Animals music! I always wondered if the music from Beauty and the Beast was fashioned after that section of it. Also, if you listen to it, it's the same music that used to be used for Space Mountain in DL (at a much slower pace, of course).
Alan Menken has said in interviews that Saint-Saens was one of his influences while composing the music for Beauty and the Beast.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Wed 15, 2009 9:25 am

I love Impressions de France. it is one of my top five things to do at WDW. It always makes me want to go to France on vacation. When I listen to the Impressions de France track, I can close my eyes and almost see the scenery from the movie. Everyone should see it, it's beautiful.
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Sat 15, 2009 1:03 am

That is the best film in the countries. I watched in twice in a row once. Exited after it was over and went right back in to queue up for the next show!

Nz58cl
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by Nz58cl » Sep Fri 04, 2009 8:58 pm

I also love Impressions de France and it doesn't hurt that you actually get to sit down! :lol:

Mandi
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Mandi » Sep Sat 05, 2009 6:27 am

that's funny because french people that see it saiys it's old and don't look like france.
Avtually i have to admitt it's full of "cliché" but it's certainly the same for others countries, and that's what poeple wanna see,
it does exist even if people in paris doesn't live it everyday....
if you make a film showing public transport, work strikes end these things it isn't magic anymore

so i'm proud to read you love this film :))

for the muscic i was thinking the music was exactly the same than the beauty and the beast and not just that it is influence by....

piratesfan
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by piratesfan » Sep Sat 05, 2009 5:53 pm

How did I miss this. I think both times I went through it was dark. I'll have to catch it next time.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Tue 08, 2009 11:08 pm

Actually, I went to France. Yes, the clothing is out of date, but the destinations shown haven't changed much. Chennoceau, Cheverney and Chambord - chateus of the Loire Valley - all looked like it did in the film. The Eiffel Tower looks the same decade after decade. Same with Mont St. Michel. So, the people of France may have changed, but France itself hadn't.

pixiesparkles

Post by pixiesparkles » Sep Mon 21, 2009 9:04 am

Watching the movie when I go to WDW and listening to the music is the only chance I get to "visit" France "Disney style". I could care less if some things are out of date. The audio and video of the movie are both romantic, beautiful, and spectacular.