Don't you hate it when...

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Don't you hate it when...

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Fri 19, 2008 2:45 pm

the tracks that you scheduled are about to come up and you get pulled into an impromptu meeting or someone comes up to your desk to talk to you?

Or maybe it's one of your treasured tracks that you are all excited about. I think it happens to me all too often. :?

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Fri 19, 2008 4:39 pm

I hate when I request a treasured track of mine and I'm forced to go do the dishes, switch the laundry, walk the dog or anything that will take me away from the computer. Nowadays I wait until it's over or wait and request it when they're after a track that's more than 30 minutes like the various loops.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Fri 19, 2008 8:20 pm

I hate it when I am requesting tracks and then in the middle of my set someone requests an hour long track!!! lol
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

stev02
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by stev02 » Sep Fri 19, 2008 8:35 pm

Aaaaah, the joys of on-demand! :P But I dislike it when that happens too.
[url=http://www.d-cot.com][img]http://www.d-cot.com/images/d-cot_button.png[/img][/url]

HSolo29
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HSolo29 » Sep Fri 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Or when you request a track and it's the next one to play when the stream has a hiccup and you never get to hear it. I was the unfortunate soul to be stuck behind the "1000 minutes of Horizon Queue music". :lol:
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."

jbvenn
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Don't you hate it when...

Post by jbvenn » Sep Fri 19, 2008 11:50 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:the tracks that you scheduled are about to come up and you get pulled into an impromptu meeting or someone comes up to your desk to talk to you?

Or maybe it's one of your treasured tracks that you are all excited about. I think it happens to me all too often. :?
That happens a lot to me. I try to watch the playlist and jump in with my requests so they will play at times when I should be quietly working at my desk, but it often doesn't work out that way. All too often something (or someone) turns up to interrupt my listening. Arrgggh!
"Hey, you goldbricks, this ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are, Disney World?" -- General Knowledge

[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/epcot2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/port-orleans-2.gif[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Sep Sat 20, 2008 8:19 am

HSolo29 wrote:Or when you request a track and it's the next one to play when the stream has a hiccup and you never get to hear it. I was the unfortunate soul to be stuck behind the "1000 minutes of Horizon Queue music". :lol:
if this happens, head over to the chat. rdeacon or Subsonic can fix the problem and queue your track right up...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

HSolo29

Post by HSolo29 » Sep Sat 20, 2008 10:53 pm

js3901 wrote:
HSolo29 wrote:Or when you request a track and it's the next one to play when the stream has a hiccup and you never get to hear it. I was the unfortunate soul to be stuck behind the "1000 minutes of Horizon Queue music". :lol:
if this happens, head over to the chat. rdeacon or Subsonic can fix the problem and queue your track right up...
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind! :wink:
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Sat 20, 2008 11:55 pm

I listen in my car through my glitchy iPhone so the worst for me is my iPhone will go out on a great track or I get to my destination in the middle of a track and can't sit in the car and listen to it.

Another problem is I will see a good track coming up in the queue and won't be able to listen to it as I have class during that time.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Sun 21, 2008 12:45 pm

Unfortunately working in the fitness field, I can't listen to Subsonic at work, it drives me insane!!! But, I do hate when I request a track at home and someone will call or I have to leave for work. :( But, I always love to come home and put Subsonic on, it helps me get through until we will be in WDW again!!!

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Re: Don't you hate it when...

Post by casrin » Sep Sun 21, 2008 3:46 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:the tracks that you scheduled are about to come up and you get pulled into an impromptu meeting or someone comes up to your desk to talk to you?
That happens to me all the time. I swear the students are logged in here, see when my music is starting and then time their "Uh, I have a question..." moments accordingly.

:roll: :lol:
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Sun 21, 2008 4:41 pm

Len90 wrote:I listen in my car through my glitchy iPhone so the worst for me is my iPhone will go out on a great track or I get to my destination in the middle of a track and can't sit in the car and listen to it.

Another problem is I will see a good track coming up in the queue and won't be able to listen to it as I have class during that time.
How do you listen via your iPhone? I have an iPod Touch and didn't know I could plugin to Subsonic that way? Do tell how you are playing it?

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Sun 21, 2008 4:50 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:I have an iPod Touch and didn't know I could plugin to Subsonic that way? Do tell how you are playing it?
I have an iPod Touch and I've been wondering how I could do it too. I tried it and I don't even know what to do. I've only gotten as far as logging into my account.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Sep Sun 21, 2008 4:53 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:How do you listen via your iPhone? I have an iPod Touch and didn't know I could plugin to Subsonic that way? Do tell how you are playing it?
elizabethswann wrote:I have an iPod Touch and I've been wondering how I could do it too. I tried it and I don't even know what to do. I've only gotten as far as logging into my account.
please see this thread to get SR on the iPhone/iPod Touch
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Sep Mon 29, 2008 12:10 pm

...when people complain about a free site. :)

Okay, I don't hate it, but sometimes it bothers me. Right now, I'm not bothered though. :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z