Don't you hate it when...

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

rknrlrcstr
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by rknrlrcstr » Oct Fri 17, 2008 1:45 pm

OK, not a complaint about a free site that provides wonderful memorable music, but rather the problems that can occur while you are trhying to enjoy the free music, such as a 45 minute power outage right after the Wilderness Lodge lobby loop begins.
Are we there yet? When can we go back?

I don't know what's worse, the anticipation of going or the withdrawals after getting home.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Fri 17, 2008 2:12 pm

subsonic wrote:...when people complain about a free site. :)

Okay, I don't hate it, but sometimes it bothers me. Right now, I'm not bothered though. :)
I hate it when other things, like college, prevent me from enjoying this site.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Fri 17, 2008 3:38 pm

I'm with you there, Len, but I'm working around my schedule to get a chance to listen.

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Oct Fri 17, 2008 4:24 pm

I just love this site!

I don't usually care what is playing...although the interuption thing gets anoying..one time my computer went down, I was not happy! Like this dosent ever happen.
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Oct Wed 22, 2008 12:16 pm

I wish I had more time, but we DO have plans to help remedy long queues. :) Don't ask when it's going to be implemented though. I have other stuff to work on before SR.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Don't you hate it when...

Post by sherabby » Oct Wed 22, 2008 12:21 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:the tracks that you scheduled are about to come up and you get pulled into an impromptu meeting or someone comes up to your desk to talk to you?

Or maybe it's one of your treasured tracks that you are all excited about. I think it happens to me all too often. :?
This is happening to me all the time now!
I even get to work super early and do my requests very early and I still get a phone call or an interruption!
HSolo29 wrote:Or when you request a track and it's the next one to play when the stream has a hiccup and you never get to hear it. I was the unfortunate soul to be stuck behind the "1000 minutes of Horizon Queue music". :lol:
I was on that day too! I think we all missed our requests that day didn't we?

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Oct Wed 22, 2008 12:33 pm

I hate it when I have been planning all week to listen to the Wednesday afternoon EPCOT Center schedule and when i tune in, it's DLR music instead.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Magical Wonder
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Magical Wonder » Nov Fri 21, 2008 7:21 pm

Len90 wrote:I listen in my car through my glitchy iPhone so the worst for me is my iPhone will go out on a great track or I get to my destination in the middle of a track and can't sit in the car and listen to it.

Another problem is I will see a good track coming up in the queue and won't be able to listen to it as I have class during that time.
Oh wow. You can play this through an Iphone?

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Nov Fri 21, 2008 7:27 pm

Magical Wonder wrote:
Len90 wrote:I listen in my car through my glitchy iPhone so the worst for me is my iPhone will go out on a great track or I get to my destination in the middle of a track and can't sit in the car and listen to it.

Another problem is I will see a good track coming up in the queue and won't be able to listen to it as I have class during that time.
Oh wow. You can play this through an Iphone?
Yes you can and it is awesome. Here is a link to a thread on subsonic on the iphone.
viewtopic.php?t=4190

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » Nov Fri 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Along with what agingerbugg said, I hate it when I plan all week to listen to EPCOT on Wednesday afternoon and then my boss schedules a team meeting.

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Jan Tue 27, 2009 8:08 pm

That's why I always wait until late at night to do my requests. Usually when I do, I'm only interrupting the randomizer :-D

aparadissis
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by aparadissis » Jan Sat 31, 2009 11:55 am

MW1218 wrote:That's why I always wait until late at night to do my requests. Usually when I do, I'm only interrupting the randomizer :-D
Sniping the stream... Nice 8-)

husky
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by husky » Feb Fri 20, 2009 12:51 pm

I hate it when the tracks are just about ready to come on and I have to run to the store or some other dumb thing that cant wait. Then I miss the whole thing I've been waiting all day for. :evil:

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: Don't you hate it when...

Post by MetalRage » Feb Fri 20, 2009 10:31 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:the tracks that you scheduled are about to come up and you get pulled into an impromptu meeting or someone comes up to your desk to talk to you?

Or maybe it's one of your treasured tracks that you are all excited about. I think it happens to me all too often. :?
i hate when the internet goes on right before/during your favorite track and you miss the whole thing!

I also do my requests at night so I don't get interrupted.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » Feb Fri 20, 2009 11:01 pm

Or when your favorite track is coming up in 2-3 hours and you have to go to class.
Mark86