How did you all find Subsonicradio.com?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

How did you all find Subsonicradio.com?

Post by MetalRage » Aug Wed 13, 2008 12:16 am

So i was wondering how everyone found this website/radio station? I found it when i was searching for the soundtrack to the pirates of the Caribbean ride in Walt Disney World and this site came up in the search results. Took me a few visits before i decided to join! How about you all?
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Aug Wed 13, 2008 12:34 am

I still remember the Day! Dec. 2 2005 (I think it was 2005? :roll: )

I was looking for it's a small world holiday music...

I couldn't figure out exactly what the site was, but i saw music tracks changing on the now playing. Then I figured out how to play it and I heard the original JII for the first time since they closed it and I was in disbelief that a site like this existed. I remember when I thought I would never hear some of this music again. :shock:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Wed 13, 2008 12:46 am

Wow that is a tough one. It began around the end of March when we had booked our trip to WDW in July. I found the site through google when I searched for Disney music. I started listening and then realized the forum feature and immediately signed up. I never thought that there would be all this amazing Disney music available when I first started my search for Disney music.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Aug Wed 13, 2008 1:28 am

I think we have a thread open like this already, but I'll be darned if I can find it now...

I found this site through the now defunct Disney Forever website. Back in the day (4 years ago), I used to go around the interweb to look at sites that offered desktop wallpapers, or pictures large/good enough to use as wallpapers, of WDW parks/resorts. there was a banner link to SR on the site, so I floowed it. that was back when there were only about 50 people registered on the site, and you didn't need to be registered in order to request anything. there also was no points system in place back then. so, people would request the hour long tracks one right after each other :shock: . and in early 2005, I became a moderator, then shortly after an admin. been hanging around here ever since...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Wed 13, 2008 3:31 am

I found this through Wikipedia one day when I was going through various Disneyland rides. I'm pretty sure it was the Matterhorn link then I saw something that said "Disney theme park audio and music". Curiosity got the best of me so I managed to click, browse around and then signed up last year. I eventually forgot about the site and discovered it again somewhere. Now I'm using it more and loving every minute of it.

srik
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by srik » Aug Wed 13, 2008 4:57 am

I found it through a link in one of the Disney communities that I read on LIveJournal. I rally should go back to that thread and thank the OP! Having this site available has really been great!

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Aug Wed 13, 2008 7:32 am

I found SR through Winamp on June 16, 2008, I have a fairly good sized collection of my own on my computer, but I've heard everything so often that I was looking for something different (but still Disney) I did a basic Disney search through Shoucast Radio on Winamp and this stream came up. I listened for a few days and decided to visit the website that kept scrolling across the screen. I haven't left since.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

IMFearless
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by IMFearless » Aug Wed 13, 2008 8:12 am

Google. I hadn't dealt extensively with park-related stuff since 2005. I do, however, hang out on JimHillMedia and WestCoaster. Well, WestCoaster started doing videos. The videos ended with the monorail doors spiel. After hearing this a couple of times, I decided to find the audio track for the doors, and put it on as my startup/shutdown/login/logout sound (all four, so it plays twice every time). From this, I started thinking, I already listen to internet radio for video game music (big Sonic the Hedgehog fan, I go by Antiporcupine in those places), I wonder if there's anything for the Disney parks. Not the movies, not the cartoons, not the TV shows, specifically the parks. So it was Google time. I searched for, I think, Walt Disney World music (or something similar). First result was Sorcerer Radio, run by Live365, which I stuck with for maybe a week before realizing that when too many people are listening, I can't get on. Back to the search engine. I initially skipped over SubSonic, due to the fact that the name didn't seem to have anything to do with the theme parks. After a bit, I chose a few and took a good look. THEN SS catches my eye. "Holy cow, this request thing is pretty cool. I could get into this." But, the first station I listen to on here? Star Tunnel. Because it was the only one that worked in a music player I had. :P It took maybe five minutes for me to fall in love with this station.
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

Nicc513

Post by Nicc513 » Aug Wed 13, 2008 9:08 am

I also found SR through a Google search... I do remember that the SR link was a few pages deep into the search. Along the way, I had to deal with some other, lesser-quality stations with commercials (:roll:) first. I guess you have to kiss some toads before you find your prince, right?

Like Cheshire Cat, the search was prompted by a jones for some Disney Christmas tunes. Last December, I was getting ready for my husband's family to come stay with us for the holidays and I started getting nostalgic for my own family's Christmas tradition - which was the annual trip to WDW. I've been hooked ever since!

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Aug Wed 13, 2008 9:24 am

From JS actually... or at least, if I remember right, it was him.

I have a livejournal account and was reading a Disney community where someone had asked about Disney music online; like me, the person only knew of the live365.com stations. JS had mentioned Subsonic and the rest is history!

:figment:
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

js3901

Post by js3901 » Aug Wed 13, 2008 9:38 am

casrin wrote:From JS actually... or at least, if I remember right, it was him.

I have a livejournal account and was reading a Disney community where someone had asked about Disney music online; like me, the person only knew of the live365.com stations. JS had mentioned Subsonic and the rest is history!

:figment:
which community was this? I don't recall posting anything on any community like that, but I may have back in the day...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Aug Wed 13, 2008 9:41 am

I heard about this site on another forum. I had a long break between two classes at school, and I was going to start writing a paper (but yeah right) but then got off task. One person on the forums said that all they listened to was Disney music on Subsonic, so I immediately went over to that page and turned it on and was hooked! I joined when there was trouble with the servers and they were only allowing like 30 people onto the request stream, so I could never get on in the middle of the day, which made me really sad. But now it's ok! :D
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

mommyfor2
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by mommyfor2 » Aug Wed 13, 2008 10:02 am

I found this site while I searching for Disneyland Music online. I had been listening to Live365 but was getting tired of it as it always had commercials and they seem to be playing the same music over & over again. So, I came across Subsonic, had a look at their song list and the rest as they say is history.

"Remember Dreams Really Do Come True." :mickey:

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Aug Wed 13, 2008 12:32 pm

I think that I found it while doing a Google search and have been listening ever since. ( Sometimes I do have to sneak back to Live 365 to catch the MK entrance loop and Main Street loop in the morning.)

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Aug Wed 13, 2008 1:49 pm

Add me to the google group. I was looking for something that played Disney music after I discovered live365 was blocked at work. 365's since been unblocked, but now I like it here better anyway. :D
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]