Hearing These Songs Outside of Subsonic and Disney

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

bookmosaic
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by bookmosaic » Jul Tue 08, 2008 7:20 am

Walt Disney World - EPCOT - parades & shows - illuminations - preshow music 04 - cusco - inca dance

This song is played at the end of every Coast to Coast AM show. (Its that radio show about aliens, ghosts and so on)

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Tue 08, 2008 7:57 am

It wasn't on a radio station, but a few weeks ago I was driving home from work with my windows open and the car next to me was playing a song that sounded very familiar. I finally realized it was the Universe of Energy theme song. Alas, the light changed before I got a chance to ask him about it. It really caught me off guard, you don't hear that many people who listen to Disney music; I thought I was the only one with Disney mixes in my CD collection.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Jul Tue 08, 2008 8:12 am

Epcot has alot of new age music. So there is a chance you can hear it other places. Its always strange hearing WDW music in other places, but is always an unexpected surprise.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

stev02
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by stev02 » Jul Tue 08, 2008 8:40 am

Grand Theft Auto 4 plays "Oh of Pleasure" on The Journey radio station. I was playing one night and driving around and had the station on... out of nowhere the song comes on and I'm like "What?!" It was pretty cool.
[url=http://www.d-cot.com][img]http://www.d-cot.com/images/d-cot_button.png[/img][/url]

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Jul Tue 08, 2008 9:29 am

The NPR show Marketplace used to (maybe still does) feature the music that used to play at the end of Illuminations. The connection seemed to be that GE sponsored each of them. Kind of weird associating traffic jams with Epcot after closing...the two experiences could hardly be more different.

HakuOni
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HakuOni » Jul Tue 08, 2008 10:13 am

I have heard some new age music at a lot of places. i am so suprised that epcot uses so much of it. maybe thats the reason why i am so calm. :|
Have a magical day!

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Tue 08, 2008 10:21 am

Captain Schnemo wrote:The NPR show Marketplace used to (maybe still does) feature the music that used to play at the end of Illuminations. The connection seemed to be that GE sponsored each of them. Kind of weird associating traffic jams with Epcot after closing...the two experiences could hardly be more different.
Not that different, have you been to EPCOT on a busy day? After Illuminations it is very reminiscent of my commute home everyday.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Tue 08, 2008 10:56 am

I was over a fiends house awhile back and kept hearing music I thought I knew. After listening for a time (it was coming from another room) I got up to find out where the music was coming from. It turned out one of his boys was playing Kingdom Hearts on PS2.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jul Tue 08, 2008 11:32 am

Check out Tim Janis "in Africa" Coastal America. (yeah we need to teach this guy geography) sounds like Animal Kingdom! its awesome...best track on the album! Itunes....99 cents....worth it.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » Jul Tue 08, 2008 11:34 am

agingerbugg wrote:Not that different, have you been to EPCOT on a busy day? After Illuminations it is very reminiscent of my commute home everyday.
I'd always hang around and wait for herd to moooove along before trying to leave Epcot. The place is just so much more pleasant without all those noisy humans around. You can actually hear the music when they're gone and a walk around World Showcase is a relaxing way to end the day.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Jul Tue 08, 2008 8:19 pm

Someone already mentioned the GTA track...When I first heard it, I was like woah, when did I upload my Disney Tracks into GTA but then I realized that it was probably just a common track that disney used.

And Schnemo, my favorite part about being a WS Custodian was finishing up my night detail at 1am and being able to walk around World Showcase back to the Odyssey building to punch out and being able to hear the BGM from each country. World Showcase is also gorgeous at night toooo so sometimes when I finished my work early, I would sit on a park bench and just stare across the lagoon...
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Tue 08, 2008 10:46 pm

Funny this thread popped up! I was in my yoga class a few weeks ago and heard a very familiar song! I've heard before in EPCOT! I believe in the Future World section! I was so excited but had no one to tell. :cry:

I smiled on the inside though! :wink:

Figment of Imagination
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Figment of Imagination » Jul Wed 09, 2008 2:06 am

I've been listening to Promentory from the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack for years, well before I ever heard it on Subsonic, which if its here I believe that WDW plays it somewhere even though I have yet to have heard in one of the parks.Image

casrin

Post by casrin » Jul Wed 09, 2008 10:33 am

Yeah, anytime we hear the Wilderness Lodge type of music, our heads pop up! :lol:
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » Jul Wed 09, 2008 10:54 am

I had the opposite experience in the Wilderness Lodge...I was walking through the lobby and suddenly I thought, "Hey...Silverado!".