Subsonic Radio on the iPhone!!! :D

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

Nicc513
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Nicc513 » Jul Fri 17, 2009 8:37 am

Clusty wrote:The streams now work straight in Safari. JUst click on one of the streams on the main page. No need for extra applications. You can even click the Home button and do other things while the music plays.
Wow - that's great to know, thanks!! And hooray for being able to have the streams working in the background. The Tuner app doesn't allow for that.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace." ~ Milan Kundera

Clusty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Clusty » Jul Fri 17, 2009 9:15 am

Nicc513 wrote:
Clusty wrote:The streams now work straight in Safari. JUst click on one of the streams on the main page. No need for extra applications. You can even click the Home button and do other things while the music plays.
Wow - that's great to know, thanks!! And hooray for being able to have the streams working in the background. The Tuner app doesn't allow for that.
Yeah, it's a new feature in OS 3.0. I'm glad Apple added that, it's really nice. Now if I could only find a way to play the stream and view the Now Playing list..

piratesfan
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by piratesfan » Jul Fri 17, 2009 9:46 pm

joe363 wrote:my set up
1 palm centro from sprint $99
2 Sero plan=unlimited data and 500 min phone $29.99
3 FM transmitter $20 radio shack.

I listen to subsonic in my car on the car radio and it sounds awesome... and at work, sometimes when my family cooks outside and in the morning when i have my coffee and the kids are still asleep....
once i drove 3 hours with nothing but subsonic radio playing :)
Mine is very similar:
1 Palm Treo Pro Sprint w/Windows Mobile 6.1
2 Sero plan=unlimited data and 500 minutes
3 Core Media player
4 FM transmitter.

And then at home:
1 Same phone
2 Connect to my home network(phone has WiFi and I can save my data plan for the car)
3 Mini to composite adapter
4 plug into my home system and deliver it to all rooms.

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Jul Sat 18, 2009 11:21 pm

I know one of you is going to know how to do this, all this phone internet is confusing to me...so here goes......

ATT
Media Net
LG Xenon

Can I get the streams with this set up. Do I need an application? Any free ones? I won't have it up and running till Monday, July 20th.
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Sun 19, 2009 12:42 pm

Does anyone know if there is a way to listen to the streams on a Samsung Instinct phone?

Nicc513

Post by Nicc513 » Jul Sun 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Clusty wrote:
Nicc513 wrote:
Yeah, it's a new feature in OS 3.0. I'm glad Apple added that, it's really nice. Now if I could only find a way to play the stream and view the Now Playing list..
Yeah...that's kind of a bummer. Tuner wouldn't run in the background, but at least you could see what was playing.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace." ~ Milan Kundera

pinballpauly
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by pinballpauly » Aug Sun 09, 2009 3:37 pm

my first post!!!! Anyway, I just uploaded all the streams into Fstream for the iphone, including the holiday, soarin and star tunnel streams and they all work perfectly!!! The stream URL's are easy to find if you are using itunes. No more boring down time at work.

Mandi
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Mandi » Aug Mon 17, 2009 3:12 am

is there something for android users insteand of iphone/itouch?

it would be great to have an app for my phone.

MaleficentRocks

Post by MaleficentRocks » Sep Tue 22, 2009 12:19 am

I've got the Google G1 from TMobile. Anyone know how to make it work for me? Do I need an app or can I just put in the URL and away I go? Any help would be appreciated!

imthewalrus79
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by imthewalrus79 » Dec Thu 17, 2009 9:00 am

Hi. I hadn't seen this posted throughout the thread. So, I thought I'd mention that there's an app for the iPhone called ooTunes. It has internet streams for many traditional radio broadcasts from all around the world as well as internet radio stations. Included are the streams for all of the Subsonic Radio streams, including the Holiday and Star Tunnel streams. It also has an alarm clock setting on it that you can set to be woken up with your favorite station as well as allowing you to rewind in your listening session. It's $4.99; so it's not free. But with all it can do and all of the stations it has, I found it worth it. The only downside is that while it will tell you what park a track is from, for some reason it doesn't tell you the actual track name itself. But if that would get fixed, it would be the perfect app for us Subsonic Radio fans.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Dec Mon 28, 2009 6:39 am

imthewalrus79 wrote:Hi. I hadn't seen this posted throughout the thread. So, I thought I'd mention that there's an app for the iPhone called ooTunes. It has internet streams for many traditional radio broadcasts from all around the world as well as internet radio stations. Included are the streams for all of the Subsonic Radio streams, including the Holiday and Star Tunnel streams. It also has an alarm clock setting on it that you can set to be woken up with your favorite station as well as allowing you to rewind in your listening session. It's $4.99; so it's not free. But with all it can do and all of the stations it has, I found it worth it. The only downside is that while it will tell you what park a track is from, for some reason it doesn't tell you the actual track name itself. But if that would get fixed, it would be the perfect app for us Subsonic Radio fans.
I will have to try this. The app. I use seems to drop the stream and it is really frustrating especially when you favorite song is playing. Can you tell me if you have had this issue with ooTunes? I would hate to spend the $4.99 and still have the same result.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Just skimming through and excited to see that I might be able to listen to Subsonic on my iphone, will have to try it later today in the car...

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Jan Wed 27, 2010 8:24 pm

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned somewhere but I noticed that the mousewait app (a free app) on my iphone has a direct link for subsonic radio. All you do is touch it and your listening! They have one for the request stream and one for the background stream. Just thought I'd share my new discovery.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Maybe subsonic will have to consider an app now that Apple has announced that new iPad recently....

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Wed 27, 2010 10:47 pm

disneylandmom wrote:I'm not sure if it's been mentioned somewhere but I noticed that the mousewait app (a free app) on my iphone has a direct link for subsonic radio. All you do is touch it and your listening! They have one for the request stream and one for the background stream. Just thought I'd share my new discovery.
Hmm, I'll have to check this out. It is only for Disenyland though.

EDIT: I have put it on my iPhone and it seems like an interesting app. The two subsonic stations are the top two music links posted in the app.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"