Do you ever tire of the Disney music?

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

nancynohorse
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Do you ever tire of the Disney music?

Post by nancynohorse » May Sun 20, 2007 1:21 pm

Do you ever tire of listening to Disney music? I could listen to Disney music 24/7! What a happy day when pc's were invented! "No flash pictures, please." :D

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Sun 20, 2007 3:33 pm

Just certain songs at certain times, but usually no. But maybe I'm just taking Subsonic Radio for granted now...j/k
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » May Sun 20, 2007 3:53 pm

I prefer listening to the background music loops or pieces then a song or an attraction's audio. Sometimes an attraction's audio can get tiresome after awhile
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » May Sun 20, 2007 6:32 pm

packwingfn wrote:I prefer listening to the background music loops or pieces then a song or an attraction's audio. Sometimes an attraction's audio can get tiresome after awhile
That's kind of how I feel. Especially if you have to listen to long attractions.

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Do you ever tire of the Disney music?

Post by ericpabear » May Sun 20, 2007 8:43 pm

nancynohorse wrote:Do you ever tire of listening to Disney music? I could listen to Disney music 24/7! What a happy day when pc's were invented! "No flash pictures, please." :D

No, I never get tired of listening to Disney music. When not at work listening on the PC, I have CDs in the car. I love to crank it realy loud in the car when there are jerks playing their rap music too loud next to me. It's so funny to see their faces, (my family's faces too.)

JWG
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by JWG » May Sun 20, 2007 9:00 pm

Not normally. I need a more diversified collection to avoid as many repeats though...
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/HeathenAngel/Avatars%20Etc/epcot-fan.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/budz211/horizons.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/space-mountain2.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/SR_fan.gif[/img]

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » May Mon 21, 2007 8:49 am

As much as I love Disney music, I do have to take a break from it from time to time to give some of the other music in my life a chance. :) I suppose it depends on my mood.. Somtimes I just have to listen to Andrea Bochelli, Bach, Duran Duran, David Bowie or the Sex Pistols.... Among others
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

karenj2
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by karenj2 » May Mon 21, 2007 9:00 am

I love listening to Disney music when I'm getting ready for a trip (for months prior), then probably for a month after the trip. If there are long stretches of time before I go to Disney, I can't listen to the music, 'cause it makes me want to go. It's kinda like not having junk food in the house when you're on a diet; why have the temptation there??
Karenj2

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Mon 21, 2007 10:16 am

I definitely need a break from this site once in a while. Sometimes I'll listen for a week straight, other times I won't listen for a week or so. But then, I've been running this site for 3 years. The content can get sort of old. I've been busy with the site on the back end but plan on bringing some features to make listening more unique.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » May Mon 21, 2007 11:05 am

I love to crank it realy loud in the car when there are jerks playing their rap music too loud next to me. It's so funny to see their faces, (my family's faces too.)
LOL! I could just imagine blaring "Laughing Place" or "Grim Grinning Ghosts" at people at a traffic light! :D

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » May Mon 21, 2007 12:03 pm

If I never went to Disneyworld as a kid I would probably hate this music. Because I did, it's very dear to my heart. That sounds cheesy but it's true.
Image Image

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Mon 21, 2007 12:39 pm

We have Sub playing everyday!! Sometimes all day, from morning till night. I snore real bad sometimes and sleep on the couch so my DW can get some sleep. I'll play Sub all night to sleep to!! It makes for great dreams!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » May Mon 21, 2007 1:05 pm

karenj2 wrote:If there are long stretches of time before I go to Disney, I can't listen to the music, 'cause it makes me want to go.
I have this problem sometimes, too. Of course, I have been known to cry getting on the airplane to return home from WDW, so there you go. :wink:
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Mon 21, 2007 4:57 pm

After coming back from a Disney trip, I don't listen because it get me a bit down, so it's definitely understandable.

On the other hand, sometimes I just have to tune in or request something. Like right now, I have this urge to JUST GO to Disneyland. I think it's due to being almost summertime, and that's usually when my trips are, if any.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

HSolo29
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HSolo29 » May Mon 21, 2007 5:20 pm

With how often I listen to it, you would think I would get tired of it but surprisingly, I don't. For some reason, Disney music always remains fresh in my mind. Sure, there's a few that I get tired of, but for the most part, I can't get enough. Plus, there's nothing bad about getting Disney fever. It makes the next trip all the more exciting! :mickey:
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."